We did pretty good last week considering it was our first week playing our Grocery Game.
The Grocery Game is something we play to bring down the total out of pocket in our monthly Grocery Budget. We challenge ourselves to stick to a budget without giving in to temptation, although temptation sometimes gets the best of us.
The tough part is figuring out which week will be our no shop week. One week out of every month we are going to be staying home and doing ZERO shopping. This could prove difficult for us but this is what the challenge is all about.
Perhaps I will have to come up with a solution for instance maybe not opening the grocery flyers and tossing them to the bin. I don’t know, that sounds pretty harsh if you ask me. Who know’s what deals we could miss.
Well this weeks shop is fairly straight forward; Budget $64.26
- We wandered around the store but didn’t find anything so we left empty-handed. The store is up the road from our house so we pop in every once in a while to see if there are any 50% off pink stickers. If you shop at Zehrs you’ve seen those beautiful Pink stickers.
- Olymel Chicken Chunkies and fillets 2/$10.00 (save $5.98)-$2.00 x 2 coupons=$6.00
- Total OOP (Out of Pocket)= $6.00
- Olymel Chicken Chunkies 2/$10.00 save ($5.98)- 5.00 coupons =$5.00
- Total OOP= $5.00
- We also look around for new coupons as it is the start of a new month. New Smart Source Coupons typically come out at the end of the month or start of the month at Metro.
Found some New Coupons Metro:
- Save $1.00 on Kraft Amooza twists exp April 30,2012
- Save $1.00 on Astro Greek Yogurt exp Sept 30,2012
- save $1.00 on McCain Harvest Splendour Medleys exp May 31,2012
- Save $0.75 on any one V8 Fusion Beverage exp June 30,2012
- Save $0.50 on Bick’s 50% less salt product exp April 30,2012
- Mushrooms- $0.88 x1=$0.88
- 2x club packs of Chicken Thighs $23.27-$11.00 Store coupons=$12.27
- Natrel Milk Sale $4.99 x2- 2x $1.00 coupons =$7.98
- 3lbs of Lean Ground Veal -$13.38-6.00 Store coupons=$7.38
- Axe Body-wash x2 Sale $2.99-$4.00 red plum coupons= $2.76
- Total OOP=$31.27
Found some New Coupons at Food Basics:
- Save $1.00 when you buy any 2 Campbell’s Ready to use Broths (900ml) or Condensed Low Fat Cream Soups ( 284ml)
- Save $0.75 on Uncle Ben’s Bistro Express
- Save $1.00 off a 24 pack of PARTY CUBES
- Oasis Juice – Sale $2.88 x2- $1.00 coupon x2=$3.76
- Cinnamon Pops- Sale $2.99 x1- $2.50 coupon=$0.49
- Sponge Towels 8’s- Sale $3.97 x1-$1.50 coupon=$ 2.47
- Cherry Tomatoes- Sale $0.99 =$0.99
- Rice Krispie Granola Bars- Sale $1.99-$2.00 coupon=FREE
- Spinach- Sale $0.99 x2 =$1.98
- Total OOP=$10.45 includes tax
Found some New Coupons at Freshco:
- Save $0.75 on any 1L carton of Natrel Organic Fine Filtered Milk
- Save $0.75 on any 4L bag or 2L carton of Natrel Lactose Free Milk
- 3x Neilson Cream $1.99=$5.97
- 2x International Delight Sale $1.99-.75=$2.48
- Received– Spend $10.00 get a card with a pin you can enter online to win one of 3 prizes of 3 millions Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points worth over $5000.00 each.
- Total OOP– $8.45
- Save $2.00 on Go Fresh Dove Body Wash
- Save $2.00 on any Dove Visible Care Body Wash
- Save $2.00 on Bath Retreat Sugar Kiss products
- Save $3.00 on Pepcid Complete
- Save $3.00 on Benylin Extra Strength Muscle and Phlegm product
- Save $3.00 on any tylenol Complete Cold, Cough and Flu product
Grand Total Out of Pocket (OOP)-$61.17
Amount to Spend:$64.26-$61.27
- We are under Budget this week by: $2.99
Total Coupons used $53.46
How well did you do this week with your Grocery Budget?
Photos Courtesy of:Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>