Are you tired of the same old pasta dinner?…. Try this pasta frittata pie and I promise you it will become part of your family mealtime favourites. The pasta frittata Pie was inspired by a family member who also loves to cook. This pasta pie is also called a “frittata di pasta” which makes it sound even more enticing.
This is not an omelette it’s an actual pasta pie that will make your mouth water. If you are scratching your head wondering if you can make this pasta frittata recipe don’t, it’s easy to make. If you want a food to bring to a picnic or party where you will be the talk of the table, this is your meal. It’s not common to see pasta pies and everyone wants to know what it is and how they can make it.
Customizing the pasta frittata is easy and if you like you can make smaller versions if you use a smaller frying pan. Personal size pasta frittata pies for those that fancy certain ingredients but an easy recipe to make.
You can easily add whatever ingredients you want to the pasta frittata which makes it easy to accommodate even the fussiest eater. Who doesn’t like pasta anyways? In this particular recipe I put sausages, the Italian hot spicy ones. It takes hardly any time at all to make this and the cost is fairly cheap.
Once served hot or cold you can add a nice tomato, fennel and chickpea salad with fresh basil along side it and serve with a lovely glass of wine or beverage of choice. I’m sure you will make this over and over especially for those fancy dinner parties where you want to wow your guests!
Pasta Pie Flipping Instructions
I made a Spanish Potato Tortilla using the same concept which shows step by step how to prepare and flip the pie if you would rather see me in action. I do caution on the flipping part of the recipe. So make sure you have all the necessary precautions in place or you could get burned.
I would recommend a heavy round dish or a charger plate which is quite large and oven mitts whilst flipping it over the sink. Take your time there is no rush, once you flip the frying pan it should easily slide on the plate where you then slide it right back in the pan to cook the other side until golden brown. If you can do this with another person present in case you need assistance.
Time with prep: 25 minutes
Serves: 10-12 people
Cook: Med on your stove
Cost: Between $8-$9 depending where you live and cost of items. That’s about $0.75 each slice for a $9.00 pie. You can also make it even cheaper by eliminating the meat and using just vegetables. If you want to get fancy you can add spinach or rapini to the pie which we’ve done and it turns out perfect. The cheese is essential to flavour if you eliminate it make sure you add flavour or the pie will be bland.
- large heavy frying pan
- Heavy plate to fit over frying pan when it’s time to flip the pie
Pasta Frittata Ingredients
- 12 large eggs- $1.99
- 1 900 g package of pasta (I like regular spaghetti)- $0.99
- 1/2 cup milk- $0.25
- 1 tablespoon salt- $0.01
- 1 tablespoon pepper- $0.01
- 1 tablespoon parsley- $0.02
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)- $0.02
- 6 Spicy hot Italian Sausages- $1.99
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil + enough to coat pan- $0.15
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano = 1/4 cup for top of pie $3.00
How To Make A Pasta Frittata
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package, drain rinse with cold water
- Cut the sausages into slices not too thick and fry them in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil until done
- Break the eggs in a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, parsley, chili flakes, milk and stir well
- Mix the pasta into the egg mixture and add the sausages and cheese- Stir well
- Heat the frying pan up and spray with cooking spray then add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan
- Pour the mixture into the heated frying pan and after a couple of minutes use the spatula to run around the edges of the pan
- Once the egg mixture starts to seize up use the spatula to lift one corner and take a peak underneath. If it is golden brown it is now time to flip.
- Flipping instructions- See Above
- Once you successfully flip the pie it shouldn’t take too long to cook the other side. Watch this carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- When it is golden underneath, slide it on to a plate
- Grate Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano on top and cut into 10-12 wedges
I hope you enjoy my easy pasta frittata pie and switch it up from your typical pasta dish for your family.
Question: What would be your favourite ingredients to add to your pasta frittata?
- Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social Media: Twitter, Facebook , Pinterest , StumbleUpon, Reddit and Google+
- Plus! Don’t forget to Subscribe to the blog so you get my daily email!!
- If you need to get in touch with me the best way is on Facebook
- Mr.CBB’s Cheesy Crock-Pot Lasagna (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Creamy Ham And Cheese Macaroni Bake (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Toasted Coconut Custard Tarts (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Herbed Chicken With Pea & Mushroom Risotto (lilsuburbanhomestead.com)
- Simple, Easy, Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes (lilsuburbanhomestead.com)
- Easy Chicken Curry In A Hurry (canadianbudgetbinder.com)