As you may know we quit smoking on January 29,2012 because it was the right thing to do. We have been tossing the idea in the air for over a year and we had to jump in head first. Our mates were very excited for us when we finally told them because they truly wanted to see us live a healthier lifestyle. I am naturally fit as my job keeps me that way but I do all the right things including lifting weights, sports and eating healthy. Smoking was always our downfall and a way to cope with stress and everyday life.
Here are some changes we noted since we have quit:
- When I’m working out at the gym I don’t get winded as fast. I feel like my lungs are wide open and fresh and that I can carry out anything I set my mind to. If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle just being active 3 days a week is important. You don’t have to be a big gym buff like I am but simply walking the dog or to the park gets you out of the house and moving is what is important. This is what the Mrs likes to do with her mates and I think it is a great way to motivate your friends.
- Eating Healthy has always been smart for us but challenging when we quit smoking so we had cravings mainly sweets (My famous Mr.CBB Fudgy Brownies). We are hoping to keep our weight down and continue to fight the cravings although a treat here and there never hurts anyone! Work hard and reward yourself in money and in health!
- Incorporating The Grocery Game Challenge at my blog has encouraged me to buy fresh vegetables, meats, dairy and grain products as opposed to convenience foods as we post what we buy. We are working hard at making these lifestyle changes.
- My mates come around to shoot some hoops more often now that I am motivated more than ever to get outdoors
- I don’t smell like smoke any longer and my sense of smell has gotten better. This was a big deal for me especially as I love cologne and fresh smells. I was always bothered that I potentially would smell like smoke. I can smell smoke from a mile away if someone is a smoker but I don’t discriminate as I was once in their shoes. It’s not a pleasant after-smell and you won’t realize it until you quit.
- Our overall appearance seems brighter and rosier, and we love to have a good laugh and take the piss out of each other even more now. We focus on our relationship with the time we have gained back from not smoking. We wanted to do this so we could spend more time together in this world, after all Love is, what we make of it!
So even though the Driven to Quit Challenge is over as of tonight March 31,2012 we are happy to say we have remained smoke free since our quit date in January 2012. We have saved over $300 in cigarettes and gained back weeks in our lives.
The cost of smoking on your health and budget is phenomenal and if I could beg you all to quit I would. It’s up to you to make that lifestyle change! We will continue this challenge as a lifestyle change and challenge ourselves to stay smoke-free for the rest of our lives.
Even if we don’t win a prize in this Challenge we know that there is no prize big enough to conquer the LOVE we have for each other and what the rest of our lives together will mean to us!
We want to thank all of our family,mates and fans for their continued support and of course The Smoker’s Hotline and The Driven To Quit Challenge. Without all of you this would never have happened. You need a great support system when you quit smoking and that is what we did get from all of you, so thanks! We love you all!
Mr. & Mrs. CBB~
Photos Courtesy of :123RF