Eggless Chocolate Coffee Cake… for real you can make a moist chocolate cake without eggs. I know I was just as shocked and it’s perfect! It was just the other night I had a hankering for chocolate and I was tempting myself to head to the kitchen to make my Mr.CBB’s Fudgy Brownies.
Although my Facebook Fans motivated me to get up and bake I decided to wait a day as it was a bit late. Then during a Facebook conversation 2 fans Christine Weadick and Sarah Jackson started talking about allergies and eggless cakes.
Sarah’s little one is allergic to eggs and was looking for some new easy eggless recipes. In comes Christine to the rescue with her easy eggless chocolate cake recipe. This is what Facebook sharing and caring is all about, two people who come together to help each other out.
Eggless Chocolate Cake
Christine went on to post her favourite eggless chocolate cake recipe you can find it posted on my timeline on Facebook) and I was intrigued with it. The next evening I made the chocolate cake and it turned out lovely.
It was a bit heavier than normal cakes but moist and delightful. If you use a good cocoa the flavour erupts in your mouth like a blast of chocolate. If you’re looking for an easy chocolate cake recipe that won’t keep you in the kitchen for hours, this is the one. If you have company coming over and you want a last-minute dessert, serve this one up and your guests will clean their plates.
So, I was happy with the recipe and wanted to try my take on an eggless chocolate cake so the next morning I was at it again. I wanted to make the best chocolate cake ever and I didn’t want to use eggs to do it. I have a habit of wanting to mess about with ingredients in the kitchen just to see what will happen.
Sometimes it’s not pretty but as you go along it get’s easier as you know how certain ingredients work together. Learning how to bake a cake, especially a basic white or chocolate cake will help you to create signature cakes you can call your own.
You can add chocolate chips, coconut, nuts etc but remember measurements when baking can be critical to a cakes success. Trial and error is the name of the game and the way any good baker learns so don’t be afraid to try something new.
We typically end up with more food then we can handle sometimes so don’t be afraid to take a piece to your neighbour like we did. Your friends and family won’t believe you made this chocolate cake from scratch.
This cake is not only easy on the budget but simple to make and fun for the kids to get involved with. Overall it cost about $6.50 for the pan with icing not including time and electricity to bake it.
Prices will vary all over the world especially if you find products on sale or use coupons to snag a bargain. You get what you pay for they say and if you make it on your own, you really know what you get and that’s not a bad thing at all.
Oh and no, I don’t wear an apron however I’m betting I see one wrapped up under the Christmas tree this year with all the cooking and baking I’ve done. So my eggless chocolate cake I not only wanted it to be full of chocolate but I wanted to have a real depth in taste with coffee.
I’ve always wanted to make a coffee cake that was moist and good enough to eat for breakfast! I mean what’s the difference the world feeds kids Nutella to start the day… Ok, so maybe not a healthful breakfast but I’m sure it will kick-start the first hour of your day!
Enjoy this eggless chocolate coffee cake, it’s super easy no fuss cake.
Mr.CBB’s Eggless Chocolate Coffee Cake with Chocolate Coffee Frosting
- 9×13 pan
- mixing bowl
Eggless Cake Ingredients
- Cake and Pastry Flour – 3 cups (or you can use all-purpose)
- Baking Soda – 2 tsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – ¾ cup (use the best cocoa you can)
- Pinch of Fleur de sel (salt from France) or regular salt
- Granulated White Sugar – 2 cups
- Vegetable oil or Canola oil – 3/4 cup
- Coffee – 1/3 cup (1 tbsp of instant coffee in 1/3 cup hot water)
- Greek Plain Yoghurt – 1/2 cup, room temp (or sour cream)
- White Vinegar- 1tsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 1.5-2 tsp (depends on how much you like vanilla)
- 2 Cups of water
How To Make An Eggless Cake?
Method- Preheat- oven to 350 degrees
- Sift your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Add in the wet ingredients
- Mix just until combined (don’t over mix)
- Pour batter into an ungreased non-stick 9×13 cake pan
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes
- Check with toothpick to see if comes out clean then it is done
Chocolate Coffee Frosting
- Icing sugar – 3 cups
- Pure Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- 4 tbsps of hot water mixed with 1 tbsp instant coffee
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Softened Unsalted Butter- 1/2 cup
How To make Chocolate Coffee Frosting
- Combine all ingredients and mix in a mixer or with a hand mixing gadget until it’s light and fluffy
- If you like lots of icing double the recipe
- On top of the icing I put a few chocolate chips for design, powdered sugar and fresh raspberries for a burst of fruit flavour.
So that’s my recipe of the week! Let me know how you like it. What other eggless recipes do you make? Do you have an allergy to eggs?
- Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social Media: Twitter, Facebook , Pinterest , StumbleUpon, Reddit and Google+
- Plus! Don’t forget to Subscribe to the blog so you get my daily email!!
- If you need to get in touch with me the best way is on Facebook!
- Mr.CBB’s Spicy Cheesy Bacon Corn Bread $5 a pan (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Easy Spinach and Wheat Tortilla Recipe (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.or Mrs. Money Bags… Is that you? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Summer Fresh Tomato Salad with Basil,Fennel and Chick Peas (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Too Much Fresh Basil? Try Mr.CBB’s Basil Garlic Cubes (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Slammin Crockpot Chili $6.50 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)