Weekly Update and Words of Wisdom
This week has been a very busy week for me with going back to work after a 3 week vacation and working plenty of overtime. My holidays were lovely, filled with a picnic and bbq’s, hanging out with my beautiful wife, chilling out with my mates, and taking in some small trips in and around our area. Next year we hope to head to England with a detour or 3 to Spain, Italy, and France. I’ll be doing all the planning for that so bring on the savings!
Although I love to blog I do work full-time (and then some) with odd hours every week. I’ve since realized how much time one needs to devote to a blog for it to gain momentum with the fans. Is it worth it? You know, only the blogger can answer that question. For me, it’s not a get rich, get famous, I’m better than you, bigger than you scheme. It’s a way to say, this is our journey and what we are doing,would you like to join us and share your experiences.
So I leave you today in hopes you do something for someone who needs it just because you want to and not because it’s taking time out of your day and time=money or time=fame. We all need to be thankful for what we have in life and no better time than with someone you can lend a hand to.
I hope your week has went well and thanks again for following and supporting Canadian Budget Binder!
What’s been happening at Canadian Budget Binder this week?
- The Grocery Game Challenge July 30-Aug 5- Homemade – The first challenge for the month of August. If you know your grocery budget and have your receipts post your shops and you may WIN our monthly prize. You may also surprise yourself at the money you will save.
- 4 Ways To Lower Your Family’s Back To School Budget- If you are heading back to the books or have children that are a guest post by Bargain Moose Canada offers some great back to school frugal tips on how to save money.
- 5 Reasons You Won’t Get Out Of Debt- A guest post by Dr. Jason Cabler gives us the low down on why you won’t be coming up for air with your financial health any time soon if you follow these tips.
- July 2012 Canadian Budget Binder Family Budget Update- Here’s the breakdown for the month for the CBB Family Budget. Check out how well we stuck to the budget following our own budgeting series.
Congratulations to Jen Peacock for winning our TOP FAN Contest on Facebook for the Month of JULY! We are well on our way to reaching our goal of 2000 Fans on Facebook and over 300 Blog Followers!!!!
It was only 6 months ago a few days back that I started this blog and am utterly amazed at the amount of sharing that has built up among our community.
Happy 6 month Anniversary Canadian Budget Binder and Fans!
That’s all the fun we had this week at Canadian Budget Binder but……
If you want to guest post at Canadian Budget Binder and link back to your blog click here for our Guest Post Guidelines. I’m always looking for unique posts and other blogs that want to showcase what they have to offer for my fans!
Mr.CBB’s Top Blog Post Picks of the Week- Lots of great posts from around the web are posted every Friday!
My Canuck Buck-8 Quick and Easy Ways To Save on Groceries (learn some SMART tips on how to save money in your grocery budget)
L Bee And The Money Tree- How to Handle Workplace Bullying Part 2 of 2- This is a great couple of posts. You may ask how this is related to finance well it is. Your job is income and when you suffer setbacks at work this could cause all sorts of problems. It’s important to know your rights where you work, and where you live. Many people get bullied into quitting their job and this could impact anyone financially. Huge topic!
Canadian Personal Finance Blog- Financial Wing Men?
Work Save Live- Are You Frugal or Just Being Cheap?
When Life Gives You Lemons- Ways We Are Costing Each Other Money
L Bee and The Money Tree-The Magic of Compound Interest on Student Loans
Money After Graduation- Long-Distance Love: Is it Worth the Cost? (I’m going to say YES!)
Canadian Dream Free at 45- Do I Want to Go Into Debt For This?
Lil Suburban Homestead – DIY Upcycled Occasional Table Makeover and Thrift Store Finds
Making Sense of Cents- My Experience with Money
Finance Fox- Seven High Paying Part-Time Jobs
Financial Confessions of a Former Brat-My Stupidest Financial Decision
Money Bulldog -Financial Blog Off- Vote for your favourite blog post! Here is one of them titled “How Much Should You Be Earning”
Club Thrifty- Avoiding The Debt Trap ( great personal story to read about how the obvious isn’t so obvious to some and how debt can take control of our lives)
Are You on Twitter?
#Follow Friday- Some of the great people I follow and I think you should as well!!!
Money Bulldog UK @moneybulldoguk
Little Suburban Homestead @lilsubhomestead
Square Pennies @squarepennies
Brighter Life @brighterlifeca
From Shopping to Saving @shoppingtosaving
Save Big Live Better @SBLBCanada
Bargain Moose @bargainmoose
Home Happy @homehappyca
Canadian Personal Finance @bigcajunman
Are you on my Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you to my ever-growing blog roll simply click here and fill out the form. Introduce yourself and lets LINK UP!
I’ve also started working with Linky Tools so now any blogger can LINK to my site each week by posting one post on myLINKY LIST! My readers enjoy all sorts of blog posts related to finance all the way to relationships, family, food and more! Don’t be shy, come LINKY with Mr.CBB!
Photo Credit Balloons-Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>
Photo Credit Heart/Top- Office Clip Art
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks July 27,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge-July 30-Aug 5…Homemade! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Our Featured Blog This Week “Canadian Budget Binder” & “The Ole’ Saturday Homesteading Trading Post Edition No. 31″ (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Solving Spending Pressures of the Holiday Season (canadianbudgetbinder.com)