Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
This week seemed to fly by so fast that I hardly had a moment to enjoy it. I’ve slacked in certain areas of my life simply as there hasn’t been enough time this week. I’m hoping in the upcoming weeks to be back to somewhat of a normal routine.
I’m sure most families that have young children or students off to University or College will be busy this upcoming week. With Labour Day just around the corner life will get a bit chaotic. For others it’s a time to relax and enjoy the long weekend, like me. What are your plans for the long weekend?
I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing when kids go back to school but most of my mates are happy their kids are off and away. Sort of like “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”, ok not that bad. Don’t forget to send your University and College kids off with a Student Budget. Give them the knowledge they need to get ahead in life. If they take it, it’s their win!
As mentioned earlier this week we have harvested at least 5 tomatoes every day and we actually have 2 baby figs on our fig tree which is exciting. The nights are getting colder here in Ontario and I haven’t even started my landscape project that I so desperately need to complete. I’m still looking for a landscape company willing to deliver what I need. Is that too much to ask? I’m sure that will be priority along with the rest of my “honey to-do list”.
On a good note it’s been 7 months and 2 days since Mrs. CBB and I quit smoking and I started this blog. So much to celebrate but the best part is having our life back and having some amazing fans, so thanks.
I know, not too much excitement at the CBB home but it has been a busy week at the blog and around the web. Check out what’s been going on and please share your comments and share this post with your friends! Help Canadian Budget Binder grow.
All The Best,
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
- Canadian National Do Not Call List, It’s Free
- Mr. CBB’s Vegetable Fried Rice With Shrimp and Egg
- Defective Products… Does It Pay To Complain?
- The Grocery Game Challenge Aug 27-Sept 2 – Tomato Heaven
- Save Money On Your Next Mortgage Transaction (Guest Post Michael Anthony Lloyd at The Daily Dig)
- Lessons Learned From My First Retail Credit Card (Guest Post Bog of Debt)
Mr.CBB Top Blog Post Picks of the Week
- Blonde on A Budget- How I Saved Money In College
- Club Thrifty- they just said thanks for mentioning
- Finance Fox- Eddie doesn’t hold back. Life is too short. A great read.. You’re not a Writer, and You Probably Will Never Likely Be On…Unless
- Modest Money- Importance of Blog Networking (A big shout out to Jeremy to say thanks for answering some questions I had about my blog. My hand is extended when needed mate! Cheers.
- My Canuck Buck- Travel Budgeting- How To Improve Your Cars Gas Mileage
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Add Vodka- How To Deal With A Difficult Co-Worker What would you do?
- Bog Of Debt- Pay Check to Pay Check Do you live Pay to Pay?
- Money After Graduation- Taking Control of Your Career Would you move if that meant you would get a job after graduation?
- So Over This- Why You Should Give Some Money Away
- Debt and The Girl- My Clothes and My Finances Do you feel guilty when you spend money on clothes?
- Married With Debt- John talks about Auditing your Emergency Food Stash. Do you know what you have?
- Canadian Performers Money- Canadian Banks
- Canadian Dream at 45- Arbitrage Would you sell your house and move to buy a house that was cheaper so you could retire early?
- Canadian Personal Finance Blog- Downsizing When? When is the right time to downsize?
- Money Bulldog- Why I Would Consider a Sim Only Mobile Contract Prices in Canada are rubbish but is pay as you go the way to go?
Some of the Amazing Blogs and Websites that took the time to Tweet or re-Tweet posts this week for Canadian Budget Binder. Thanks for your continued support. Apologies if I’ve missed you, let me know and I’ll add you next week!
Check them out and give them a #Follow and check out their awesome blogs… Tell them Mr.CBB sent you!
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Here are the unique or funniest search terms that helped land people at this super awesome site…….***Canadian Budget Binder*** We all need a good laugh so sit back and smile, life’s too short to always whine and complain.
Note- There will be spelling errors because that’s just the way the person typed it in.
How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>> Some good one’s this week!
- Learning brain-smart way how our brains work– Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon….. Is that you? Well, it’s certainly not Penny!
- Don’t trust too much, Don’t love too much, Don’t hope too much as that too can hurt too much- WOW! Someone was having a bad day. I hope they found my Mr. CBB’s Fudgy Brownie Recipe...that should put a nice chocolate smile on their face.
- How much do you have saved?– Not enough and that’s why we keep on budgeting
- You don’t love me like I do– Hey no one said it was wrong to love yourself, lots of people do. Do you?.. Yes you.. the person reading this.
- Best RESP in Canada– Hook up the other parents here when you find out, ok… we lost our crystal ball.
- Tricks To Paying Off Mortgage Early– #1 trick>> Win the lottery! Good Luck!
- Crock-pot Saved My Budget- Great tip I’m going to see if it will save mine 🙂
- What are you waiting for? Quote to get married and have kids- Someone is getting the serious “marriage” “white picket fence” 🙂
- Value Village Found Antique Worth– They never tell me the good stuff, like what it is… meh
- Why do people forget where they came from? I don’t, but if they are referring to people who come into money or fame, well for the most part that’s obvious.
- Canada Nurse Mortgage– I’d like to know what a nurse mortgage is. Maybe you want to know how much of a mortgage a nurse in Canada has or should have? Either way… it doesn’t make a difference what anyone has it’s what you can afford.
- Dollarama York Peppermint Patties- Just because those are better than regular York Peppermint Patties right? lol..
- HBC card works at Value Village- Imagine that… shhh you don’t want to tell too many people.
- Unless You Willing to Pay, Spongebob- Is Spongebob code word for pimp boss in Canada. Pay Spongebob, or else?
- What do budget binders look like? – They are big and hairy.. you might not like them. (a budget binder is a binder with sheets of paper in them where you document your expenses and income or a spreadsheet)
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
Are you on Mr.CBB’s Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you to my ever-growing blog roll simply click here and fill out the form. Introduce yourself and lets LINK UP!
- Mr. CBB’s Blog Post Picks Of The Week Aug 24,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Why We Want To Pay Off Our Mortgage Early (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Reader Question: How Much Debt is Too Much Before You Need To Budget? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- MR.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks August 17,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credits-Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>