Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
Wow, did I read alot of blog posts this week in my spare time. (Ya, spare time) This week has been super busy for me training at work with new equipment and programs. I’m sure I will be doing this the rest of my life and I should for my line of work. Sometimes I wonder if people get too comfy in their jobs and no longer want to upgrade or keep above or at equal playing fields with those coming out of University and College or other colleagues.
Many believe these young kids are going to come in and swoop positions in the company right from under the noses of those that have been with an organization many years. So for those that believe that education ends when you get your diploma you must ask yourself “Will I evolve with the world” or “Will the world evolve around me”. You can be a specialist one day but if you don’t keep up with the “new” you may find that the “old” just doesn’t work any more. If you are out of work, laid off or terminated and you don’t have the upgraded skills you may be at a loss to get back into your field without upgrading. No one is secure in any line of work even with a union on your side doors can close just as fast as they open at any time… are you ready?
So I ask you, what have you done to keep your skills up to date with those coming out of University and College?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
What a week it’s been on the Canadian Budget Binder home front. We had my guest post “Goodbye To Cigarettes and Hello To Life” at Finance Fox published. I hope the post will help others who are struggling to make the decision to quit a reality.
I was also thrilled to learn that Kim at Eyes on The Dollar who live in the USA had played my Grocery Game Challenge. You don’t have to live in Canada to play because the goal is to be mindful of your budget and to post it to keep it under control. You would be amazed what it will do for your budget and a financial budget works just the same. Holding yourself accountable for your variable expenses is so important to the success of any budget. So a big thanks to Kim for stepping up and posting her shops. We look forward to watching your budget hit the target for you and the family. Here is her story… “How The Grocery Game Saved Our Budget”.
Here is Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 10-16- Almost Fall
- What Most Women Want In A Man And It’s Not Always Money
- Sign My Guest Book
- Building Credit In Canada As A New Permanent Resident
- Reader Question: RRSP’s The Need To Know Basics (Guest Post Garry Gorr)
- Mr.CBB’s Tomato Salad with Potato,Green Beans and Chick Peas
- What Kind Of Spender Are You?
Mr. CBB Top Blog Post Picks of the Week And Those That Shared Us! (If I miss You..please let me know as I don’t always know who links up to Canadian Budget Binder)
Since I post this post every Friday I can only link what’s been already gone live. My goal is to try and hook up with 3 new bloggers per week as I really want to spread my wings. There are so many amazing blogs around and I want them to know Mr.CBB>>> LOOK OUT!
- Friday’s Circle Of Friends Sept 14, 2012 – Tackling Our Debt mentions Canadian Budget Binders “What Most Women Want In A Man.. And It’s Not Always Money”- Thanks Sicorra!
- The Money Bulldog UK- Mentions Canadian Budget Binder “What Most Women Want In A Man.. And It’s Not Always Money”- Cheers Mate!
- Weekend Reading- My Own Advisor Mentions Canadian Budget Binder “What Most Women Want In A Man.. And It’s Not Always Money”
- “How To Buy A Stock (The Process) A question I asked my mate at CanadianMDInvestor and he answered it for me.
- With Blog Networking It’s Not What You know It’s Who You Know- Modest Money (awesome Wednesday Weekly Posts by Jeremy)
- Realtors: “Now” Is Always The Time To Buy- Young Adult Money
- How To Make Money in College- Making Sense of Cents
- Babies, Babies, Babies- Newlyweds On A Budget
- Back To School Reflection-Drop That Debt
- Should You Buy A House?-Work Save Live (Great Info)
- Figuring Out Your Big Financial Picture-My Canuck Buck
- NYC Trip Recap -When Life Gives You Lemons ( A great review of what Daisy thought of her trip to NYC )
- Things I Wish I Would Have Known When I Started Investing- Club Thrifty
- Life Insurance For Working Women- Married With Debt
- Easy Thoughts On Not So Easy Mutual Funds- LBeeAndTheMoneyTree
- Daily Struggles Of A Frugalite- Nurse Frugal
- 5Things Young Professionals Should Think About When Moving Abroad- Money After Graduation
- The Do’s and Don’t s of Making A Successful Craigslist Ad- Mo Money Mo House’s
- Budget Confessions Part 2- IHeartBudgets
- What I Wish I knew About Finances In My 20’s- My Broken Coin
- TFSA- A Review -Canadian Performers Money
- Money And Relationships-Vix Money
- How To Get Free Books For Your E-Reader- Tight Fisted Miser
- A Slight Change of Plans- Blonde On A Budget is Coming to TORONTO!!
- ETF Liquidity and Trading Volume -Couch Potato
- Back To Budget School In September- Frugal City Girl
- 5 Financial Planning Mistakes To Avoid- Sustainable Personal Finance
- Is Your Money In The Stars? -Femme Frugality
- Defining Broke- Budget And The Beach
- Start From Where You Are- Canadian Dream Free at 45
- House Sitting Has Many Financial Benefits- ThrifyLivin
- Stock Making Basics- Aunt B on A Budget- Not the kind of Stocks you are thinking of… Vegetable stock, Chicken Stock etc….
- Family Finance-Understanding Your Car Insurance- The Passive Income Earner
- Dishwasher vs Handwashing Which Is Cheaper- Sustainable Personal Finance
- Let’s Define Retirement- Cajun Finances Canadian Personal Finance Blog
These are the Blogs and Websites that took the time to Mention,Tweet or Re-Tweet posts this week for Canadian Budget Binder. This is my way of saying thank-you and giving back by sharing your page or name with my fans. Check them out and give them a Follow. If I missed you just let me know and I’ll bump you to the top of the list next week!!
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
I’m continuing with the search terms of the week as I think it adds some spice to Mr. CBB’s Blog picks and hey who doesn’t like a laugh. Sometimes I just can’t help but laugh so I thought I would share the best to date with all of you!
How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
- What Do Sausages Look Like When They Are Cooked- If you have to ask then I’d be scared to eat at your house.
- How Big is a $5 Brownie- This is my personal fav for the week, hilarious and I’m going to plug my recipe while I’m at it!
- How Much Do you Spend On Coffee? – How about just figure out how much you can afford rather than what everyone else is doing.
- Cbb is hot- Of course this could mean anything…
- %- haha.. well good to know the percent sign is leading the way
- Un jour tu comprendras un jour tu t’en voudras-? Parler vous francais because I don’t
- People who act like they own you because of money- Why are you looking for one for sale? or are you looking at advice.. it’s easy..Who cares, they are not your friends if they act that way.
- My neighbours pay me- For what, that’s what I want to know?
- Buy or Rent After Divorce- Neither, stay single!
- What you won’t do another man will- Someone’s up the crick without a paddle lol..
- CBB Top Picks- Ya… keep on searching and I’m getting alot of people searching for the blog by name (happy dance)
- I always seem to have defective products- I don’t know about you but that almost seems as if the person is having a conversation with the computer…
- Ways to cut watermelon- A knife is a good starting point
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him.
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks September 7, 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Pics Aug 31,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Why We Want To Pay Off Our Mortgage Early (canadianbudgetbinder.com)