Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
Not too much happened here at the Canadian Budget Binder home this week as I’ve been working on projects and training for work. This only means that once I am actually finished this (hopefully by Monday) I can resume my normal Mr.CBB Honey-Do-List around the house. If you don’t already know today is officially the last day of summer which more to do around the house. I need to get my yard torn apart, put the summer furniture away, protect the deck with a nice coat of Thompson’s and the list goes on and on…..
I have kept up with reading blog posts and trying to network to meet other Personal Finance bloggers to expand my circle of mates this week. I’d like to link up with 2-3 new bloggers a week so if you are reading this and we haven’t had the opportunity to chat… send me an email.
How was your week?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
It’s been buy here at Canadian Budget Binder on the blog especially with so many new readers, and I’m happy to say my Alexa finally made it under 100k! When I started the blog I was well over 1 million, might have even been 1.7 million to be exact. I’ve worked hard to get my name out there, network and to show my fans that I am here not to make a buck but to make a difference. Heck, I won’t whine though if a buck happens to fall in my lap along the way though. I truly have the greatest fans and my Facebook posse keeps me busy day in and day out. They certainly know how to keep me on my toes with the right questions.
I am also thrilled to see so much action with The Grocery Game Challenge. Last week I mentioned that Kim at Eyes On The Dollar was committed to lowering her grocery budget and now Vicky at Vix Money is in on the action. The fans are going crazy to see so many new posters and welcome you all with open arms. If you haven’t had a chance to read about The Grocery Game Challenge you can do that now by clicking HERE!
Next Tuesday when I post the weekly challenge if I can get 10 new posters I will host a Contest for that week for all those that participated! So hang on to your grocery receipts and start saving with Mr.CBB and Fans…. looking forward to having you on board! -Mr.CBB
Here is Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 17-23 Bring on The Rain
- Are You A Grocery Store Snob?
- MPAC Assessment And The Value Of My House
- Mr. CBB’s Mum’s British Lemon Fridge Cake
- Multi-Tasking Saving Or Wasting Time And Money For Employers
Blogs and Websites Who Shared/Mentioned Canadian Budget Binder Blog Posts on their Site! This is my way of saying Thanks and Giving Back~
(If I miss You..please let me know as I don’t always know who links up to Canadian Budget Binder)
Since I post this blog post every Friday I can only link what’s been already gone live. My goal is to try and hook up with 3 new bloggers per week as I really want to spread my wings. There are so many amazing blogs around and I want them to know Mr.CBB>>> LOOK OUT! Please check your link..
- Lil Suburban Homestead – Pass the Chick “Peas” Please mentioned Mr.CBB’s Tomato Salad with Potatoes, Green Beans, and Chick Peas
- Eyes On The Dollar- Can’t Take My Eyes Off These Blogs #5 – Mentioned my guest post for Finance Fox “Say Goodbye To Cigarettes and Hello to Life” as well as a mention of Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks.
- The Family Finances- Friends Of the Family: Fall Festival Edition mentioned “What Most Women Want In A Man… and It’s Not Always Money $”
- The Outlier Model Updates Sept 9-15-mentioned “What Most Women Want In A Man… and It’s Not Always Money $”
- American Relationships- So You Found The Right Person, How Do You Tell Them You Are Interested Mentioned ” What Women Want In A Man .. and It’s Not Always Money.
- Modest Money- Mid September 2012 Favourite Posts mentioned-“What Most Women Want In A Man… and It’s Not Always Money $”
- Modest Money –Mid September 2012 Blog Update mentioned- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks September 7,2012
- Lil Suburban Homestead- Empty Fridge, Even Preppers Run Low On Groceries Mentioned “The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 17-23,2012 Bring On The Rain
- Young Adult Money- Quick Hits and Weekend Reading mentioned- “What Most Women Want In A Man… and It’s Not Always Money $”
- Tackling Our Debt- Friday’s Circle of Friends mentioned – “What Most Women Want In A Man… and It’s Not Always Money $”
- Date Like You Shop- What Kind Of Shopper Are You? Mentioned “What Kind Of Spender Are You?”
- I Money Life- Creating a Nest Egg For Your Nestlings – Mentioned Reader Question: RRSP’s – The Need To Know Basics
- Vix Money- Organic Food- Worth the Money? Mentions The Grocery Game Challenge!
- KolorBlind MAG Men Initiate-Women Should Not Approach Men First– Mentioned “What Women Want and It’s Not Always Money”.
- Lil Suburban Homestead – Home Ownership and The Work That Comes With It- Mentioned ” MPAC Assessment And The Value Of My House”
- Tales From The Trenches- Fall Wishes And Pie In The Sky– Mentioned “Are You A Grocery Store Snob”
- My Canuck Buck Blog Round Up for Sept 21,2012
- Friday’s Circle Of Friends September 21,2012– Tackling Our Debt mentioned “Multi-tasking Saving Or Wasting Time and Money for Employers
Mr.CBB’s Top Blog Post Picks From Around The Web For My Fans To Read!
I read so many blog posts that I wish I could name a post from every one. I’ll do my best but please know that you all educate me and my fans.
- Catering Your Blog To Your Readership– Modest Money
- Should You Donate Money To Charity If You Are Deeply In Debt- My Canuck Buck
- Frugal Ethics-Where Do You Draw The Line? – Frugal Flip
- How The Other Half Live- Budget and The Beach
- What The Government Teaches Us About Living Without A Budget– Frugal Rules
- Five Ways To Save Money- The Tough Love Edition– Club Thrifty
- Threats To Debt Freedom– Married With Debt
- Ways To Buy Safe Cleaning Products On A Budget– Young Adult Money
- Vegetarian Enchiladas– Work Save Live
- Is Debt A Dating Deal Breaker? – Money After Graduation
- Learning About My Relationship With Money At Age 7– Iheartbudgets
- Tips On Living In A Bad Neighbourhood- Add Vodka
- It’s Never Too Late– The Outlier Model
- When Appropriate Behaviour Yields To Stinginess- Femme Frugality
- Stuff I Don’t Spend Too Much Money On– Personal Care- Tight Fisted Miser
- Landlord Issues- Things To Consider Before Buying A Rental Property– Sustainable Personal Finance
- When You Should Try To Pay Down Debt- Canadian Personal Finance Blog
- The Cost of a Cross Country Move- LBeeAndTheMoneyTree
- Dollar Basics Part 2- Canadian Performers Money
- Foreign Witholding Tax Explained – Canadian Couch Potato
- Stock Screening-My Approach- CanadianMDInvestor
- What Millionaires Drive:Income Level and Car Prestige Don’t Always Add Up– Bible Money Matters
- Credit Cards– Drop That Debt
- My WHY of Personal Finance- Young Cheap Living
- How I Save Money On Auto Insurance– My Own Advisor
- How To Marry Your Equal- My Broken Coin
- Business Credit Cards For Bad Credit- A Good Idea? -So Over This
- My Crash Course in Personal Finance– Making Sense of Cents
- Taking Care of Elderly Parents and Your Options– Work Save Live
- It’s Not Brave If You’re Not Afraid– Blonde On A Budget
- 101 Frugal Tips To Help Save You Money-Tackling Our Debt
Twitter Personal Finance Peeps to Check Out!
These are the Blogs and Websites that took the time to Mention,Tweet or Re-Tweet posts this week for Canadian Budget Binder. This is my way of saying thank-you and giving back by sharing your page or name with my fans. Check them out and give them a Follow. If I missed you just let me know and I’ll bump you to the top of the list next week!!
- Modest Money– Twitter
- Work Save Live – Twitter
- One Smart Dollar – Twitter
- Bog Of Debt – Twitter
- iHeart Budgets – Twitter
- Young Adult Money – Twitter
- Edward Antrobus – Twitter
- Married With Debt – Twitter
- When Life Gives You Lemons – Twitter
- Mr. Everyday Dollar – Twitter
- The Outlier Model – Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Vix Money – Twitter
- Frugal Rules – Twitter
- Making Sense of Cents – Twitter
- Eyes On The Dollar – Twitter
- My Canuck Buck – Twitter
- Mo’ Money Mo’ Houses – Twitter
- Money Bulldog – Twitter
- American Debt Project – Twitter
- Cents Of A Country Girl – Twitter
- Tight Fisted Miser – Twitter
- The Family Finances – Twitter
- See Debt Run – Twitter
- My Own Advisor – Twitter
- One Cent At A Time – Twitter
- Fabulous Savings Ca– Twitter
- The Frugal Toad– Twitter
- The Flying Couponer– Twitter
- My Own Advisor– Twitter
- Blonde On A Budget– Twitter
- Well Kept Wallet– Twitter
- Debt And The Girl- Twitter
- Lil Suburban Homestead– Twitter
- Dr. Jason Cabler– Twitter
- Mr.Disco – Twitter
- Plunged in Debt– Twitter
- Thrifty Nifty Uk– Twitter
- Gary Gorr– Twitter
- Add Vodka– Twitter
- Sense Of Cents –Twitter
- Solving Debt -Sandy Lyons– Twitter
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
I’m continuing with the search terms of the week as I think it adds some spice to Mr. CBB’s Blog picks and hey who doesn’t like a laugh. Sometimes I just can’t help but laugh so I thought I would share the best to date with all of you!
How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
- Good Blue Drinks For Boys- I have no idea how to respond to this one
- Canada Do Not Call List Air Duct- The number one reason WHY I did this blog post was from the constant calls from this supposed Air Duct cleaning service… glad I’m not the only one. Suffice to say they have stopped calling, finally!
- Canada Budget Game- That’s awesome that people are starting to search for The Grocery Game Challenge Canada!
- What my Pay Stub For Overtime Should Look Like- Huh? If you don’t know how much overtime you should be getting paid you need to start tracking your overtime or potentially risk losing money.
- How to say.. no budget for treat, guys- Not sure what exactly they are hoping to learn from the internet… my advice>>>> JUST SAY IT!
- Waiting for Mr. RIGHT- no Mr.Right here.. just Mr.WOW~
- Facebook, why we losing hair- I’m sure there is more to health sciences of losing hair then being on Facebook… nice try, but someone will buy into it.
- Do you get a discount if a can is dented- Depends.. ask and you shall get your answer… the internet won’t help you with that, sorry.
- Dog Food Binder- no Dog food recipes here
- Canadian Parrots- nope, no pets here.. just budgets and finance.
- grocwrie on a budget– no comment
- Assessing the value of my home in Toronto- Here I’ll help- TOO MUCH, crazy the prices in T.O and Vancouver
- TD Canada Trust Employee Tips and Tricks- Do I even want to know what Tips and Tricks you are looking for on the internet?
- What can you serve when organizing a party- Food is a good start.
If you are new Start here!
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
Are you on Mr.CBB’s Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you to my ever-growing blog roll simply click here and fill out the form. Introduce yourself and lets LINK UP!
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks September 7, 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 17-23,2012- Bring On The Rain! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- What Kind Of Spender Are You? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Are you a Grocery Store Snob? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Why We Want To Pay Off Our Mortgage Early (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credits-Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>