The Grocery Game Challenge and Canadian Couponing go hand in hand because we know that using coupons we can lower our grocery budget significantly. We also know that Canadian Coupons can come from various outlets such as Canadian coupons from tear pads, mailed Canadian coupons, printable Canadian coupons, Canadian insert coupons etc. The point I wish to stress is to keep your eyes open for coupons and don’t be shy to ask for them. The savings from one product may off-set the cost on another product that might cost you out the nose.
Now that the Fall is here don’t forget that shops may put end of season products on offer and now is the best time to stock up for next year. We often buy in bulk when we see the opportunity or an end of season sale because in the long run it will save us money in our grocery budget or our overall budget. The hard part is sticking to the monthly budget while buying bulk items which can be a challenge and where most people fail. They fail to see that although they are getting deals and using coupons they are STILL spending more than they earn or more than they have budgeted.
If you don’t know what you are spending every month, if you are not documenting it, come post your shop. If you want to know how to start saving money on groceries in Canada post your shops. I’m betting after one month you will see, just like we did last year how much MORE we were spending rather than saving even with coupons.
Happy Fall and enjoy all the beautiful colours.
Here are your Coupon Match-ups for the week compliments of Save Big Live Better one of my favourite Couponing sites for finding the hottest grocery deals in Canada!
- 2x Neilson Cream Sale $2.00
- 1x Activia Sale $2.87- $1.00
- 6x Bags of Sugar Sale $1.87 PM Freshco
- 2x Eggs Sale $1.87 PM Freshco – $1.00 coupons
- Broccoli Sale $0.79 PM Freshco
- Seedless Cucumber Sale $0.79 PM Freshco
- Lettuce Sale $0.57 PM No Frills
- Bean Sprouts Sale $0.88 PM No Frills
Total Coupons Used: $2.00
Total Out Of Pocket: $22.86
- 2x Lactancia Milk $3.99- $1.00
Total Coupons Used: $2.00
Total Out Of Pocket: $5.98
Weekly Grocery Game Challenge Results for Mr. and Mrs. CBB
- Total Grocery Budget for the Month: $190.00
- Total Coupons Used this Week : $4.00
- Total Spent This Week:$28.84
- Total Spent So Far for September: $7.26+$89.88 +63.41+ $28.84=$189.39
Over/Under spend this shop: $0.61
Over/Under spend for the month of September: $0.61
- Total Left to Spend for the Month: $0.61
- Total Coupons Used This Month : $4.00+$51.37+$1.00+$28.00= $84.37
We were cutting it close this month but we were trying to eat up what we already have in this house. We saved an additional $84.37 on top of regular savings using coupons this month. If someone says they are a waste of time, well hey, keep on spending like you do. I’m not here to judge.
With the gardening season coming to an end we have so many vegetables from our garden we haven’t had to purchase too many. I’m hoping from now until December we can stick to the budget and we will need all of your support just like I give to you each week. So please motivate and inspire not only yourselves but me to only spend what we have in our grocery budget-Mr.CBB
I’ve added a Template to the Grocery Game Rules Page which will make it easier for you and for everyone else to follow your shops. It will keep you nice and organized each week so you know your numbers. It looks like the picture below.
How well did you stick to your Grocery Budget This Week?
What are your end of month totals?
What did you learn about your shopping habits?
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
You can also subscribe to Canadian Budget Binder so you don’t miss a blog post. Fill in your email address on the HOME page of the blog off to the left where it says “Subscribe Via Email”- No Spam, I promise!
Are you on Mr.CBB’s Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you, come introduce yourself.
- MR. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Sept 21,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 17-23,2012- Bring On The Rain! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 3-9,2012 Back to School! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- What Most Women Want In A Man… and It’s Not Always Money $ (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- What Kind Of Spender Are You? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)