Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
My weekly blog post picks have grown week by week and I’m thrilled to see many bloggers and advertisers interested in Canadian Budget Binder. I’ve worked a bit more lately at my real full-time job but continue to find the time to renovate the house, get ready for winter and work on this blog. I’ll be hanging the Christmas lights next week to prepare for the holiday season just so I don’t freeze my “John Thomas” and friends in the winter. Happily the end of season sales last year has helped us to get enough LED lights for our entire home for dirt cheap. I guess it sounds like I’m a multi-tasker but really I’m not, I just plan my day well.
On the flip side I went to see an allergy specialist the other day who performed routine environmental allergy testing on me. The doctor was a friendly bloke who even gave me some “free” samples of nasal spray (I like this guy already). Needless to say I’m allergic to the outside world so I need to wear a space suit to garden, pick weeds, climb trees and rake leaves. Indoors I have to brush my teeth, wear cologne and put on deodorant with a clothes pin clung to my nostrils to prevent my nose from running for the hills and dust and dander are my worst enemy. If I shall see a cat I should run for my life as the bloody harmless pet will throw golf ball size meteors at my body just by breathing or brushing up against me. Mrs. CBB is happy she married an allergic fellow like me, I bet!
Do you have any allergies?
What are your plans now that Fall has arrived?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
What a great week at Canadian Budget Binder with so many new friends that came our way thanks to Coupon Christine. A lovely woman who has shared her Canadian coupon expertise with us in her guest post “Scanning Code of Practice in Canada”.
We also had the BEST day ever on Canadian Budget Binder September 27,2012 with well over 1000 views and I couldn’t be happier. Also last week Canadian Budget Binder fell under 100k in Alexa and we currently stand at just over 94k. I’m thrilled and excited and want to thank everyone including the fans and my blogger mates around the world for all your continued support. As my next milestone is for 3000 Facebook Fans I continue to spread the word about Canadian Budget Binder and how we can all start working towards paying off debt by “motivating” each other to take that “first step“.
The Grocery Game Challenge Canada has picked up as more and more fans are looking to lower their grocery budget. How much should your grocery budget be? Well you need to run the numbers in your monthly budget to see what you can afford. Many Canadians are still spending far too much than they should be on food even while using coupons and it’s time to take control. With food prices slated to rise in January 2013 we need to get on track and know where we are heading. Come post your shop, take back control of your finances and join a great team of Fans who are working towards lowering their food budget. Even if you don’t have enough money coming in you should know your finances, know where you stand.
We’ve also had many new twitter fans and many bloggers linking to Canadian Budget Binder and sharing our posts with Tweets that I want to say Thanks. It’s with all of this community spirit and friendships that we continue to spread the word about why we do what we do. We are here to share our knowledge and share with the world our experiences from all different aspects of Finance and I’m glad to be a part of the personal finance community.
I know this blog will move forward and I’m currently brainstorming the ways. I always like to plan but on occasion I like to jump in and take risks. I really would like to see Canadian Budget Binder be a place where people can come and feel comfortable about sharing their experiences and walking away with some new information that will assist in developing Money Knowledge.
Are you or do you know a web designer that can make a difference for Canadian Budget Binder? I’m currently accepting quotes along with a vision of what you can do for Canadian Budget Binder. If you can move me from wordpress.com to self hosted and give Canadian Budget Binder a unique layout and presentation I want to hear from you. If you know of anyone please send them my way! I’d like to make my final decision as soon as possible.
Here is Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- Scanning Code Of Practice (SCOP) in Canada.. Did You Know? (Guest Post by: The Flying Couponer)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 24-30 2012 It’s Fall
- Straight Talk About Fees And Penalties On Mutual Funds (Guest Post by: Gary Gorr)
- Mr.CBB’s Creamy Apple Caramel Harvest Muffins
- Cost of Owning A Pet… Can You Really Afford One?
- Multi-tasking Saving or Wasting Time For Employers
Blogs and Websites Who Shared/Mentioned Canadian Budget Binder Blog Posts on their Site!
This is my way of saying Thanks and Giving Back~
(If I miss You..please let me know as I don’t always know who links up to Canadian Budget Binder)
Since I post this blog post every Friday I can only link what’s been already gone live or that I know about. Sometimes I’m just not aware of who is linking to my blog, but many thanks. If you want to make the LIST.. Link to my blog and I’ll make sure you get a Mention!!
My goal is to try and hook up with 3 new bloggers per week as I really want to spread my wings. There are so many amazing blogs around and I want them to know Mr. CBB!
- I Heart Budgets- Weekly Wrap Ups, Mentions and Good Reads 17
- Modest Money-September 22 Favourite Blog Posts
- Add Vodka-Saturday Links Blogs I love – Fall Edition
- The Outlier Model-Updates September 16-22,2012
- One Nickel- Mr. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks
- My Canuck Buck-Blog Round Up for Sept 21,2012
- Tales and Trenchs-Wishes and Pies In the Sky
- Tackling Our Debt-Fridays Circle of Friends Sept 21,2012
- Work, Save, Live-Carnivals, Mentions -Weekend Reading
- The Family Finances- Friends Of The Family Busy Week Edition
- Eyes On The Dollar-Can’t Take My Eyes Off These Blogs
- One Smart Dollar-Personal Finance Week In Review For Sept 23,2012
- Tight Fisted Miser-Personal Finance Links- Paid to Sleep Edition
- Lil Suburban Homestead-The Top 10 Rules For living On One Income ..Thriving On A Shoestring Budget
- Finance Fox-Weekend Recap, Vacation Recap, Being Sick and Weekend Reading
- Club Thrifty- Weekly Round Up 5th Edition
- Frugal Rules- Friday Posts That Ruled This Week
- One Simple Farm Girl- Mentioned “Why Taking Care of Your Eyes Is A Good Investment”
- Save Big Live Better- Each week Links The Grocery Game Challenge in her Weekly Coupon Match-ups to help spread the word!
Mr.CBB’s Top Blog Post Picks From Around The Web For My Fans To Read! NOTE **This list is getting pretty big so I may limit this starting next week to those that are regular readers and comment here at Canadian Budget Binder.
I don’t use any fancy readers except yahoo but I rarely check it so if your blog doesn’t have email subscriptions where I want the post emailed the likelihood of me seeing your posts are reduced so I might not always see them, sorry. I’ve had some blogs that I can only subscribe to Hotmail, Outlook Express etc well, I don’t use those.
- Tackling Our Debt- Advantages of Using a Pre-Paid Credit Card
- Blonde On A Budget- From Coast Capital To ING Direct Where My Bank Loyalty Lies
- Young Adult Money- Save Tonnes Of Money Using The Library
- Modest Money- Fostering a Pet Can Make You Rich
- My Canuck Buck -Birthday Freebies
- Stupid Cents- Don’t Forget To Consider Benefits In Your Salary Negotiations
- IHeartBudgets- Cloth Diapers vs Disposables The Comparison
- Bog Of Debt- How To Turn Losing Into Winning With Your Money
- Frugal Rules- 6 Simple Ways To Automate Your Money
- So Over This- Why I Write
- My Own Advisor- Reflections and Highlights from CPFC2012
- Femme Frugality- How To Be Happy
- L Bee And The Money Tree- The Great Gift Card Debate
- Finance Fox- First Time Home Buyer Help. How To Put Money Back In Your Pocket
- The Outlier Model- Access Over Ownership
- When Life Gives You Lemons- My Expensive Rescue Dog
- One Cent At A Time- 10 Ways To Catch Your Partner Hiding Money From You
- Money After Graduation- The Ultimate Debt Friendly Gift-Food
- Frugal Rules- 6 Ways To Remove The Pain From Investing
- Sustainable Personal Finance- Observations from CPFC12
- Budget and The Beach- Helping My Waistline and My Wallet
- CanadianMDInvestor- Blogging Like An Investment- Is There A Rate Of Return? Update: No longer blogging
- From Shopping to Saving- What Is A Budget Again?
- Making Sense of Cents- My Retirement and Debt Plan
- One Smart Dollar- Investing In REIT’s Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Work,Save,Live- What Does Life Insurance Cover? 4 Ways To Help Your Legacy
- Young, Cheap Living- My Dream Of Buying A House In Cash
- Married With Debt- Wealth Has Little To Do With Income
- My Broken Coin- Why I Chose To Live In A Small Home
- Club Thrifty- Why Being Out Of Style is Cool
- Thirty Six Months- 7 Creative Ways To Pay Off Debt
- Boomer And Echo- Will Changing Demographic Markets Affect Financial Markets
- Money Bulldog- Will Moving To A Nicer Area Lower Insurance Premiums?
- Modest Money- How Is An Item Shipped From One Country To The Next Smoothly
- Vix Money- Case Study #2 September Update... Great Idea!
- The Passive Income Earner- Understanding A Reverse Mortgage
- Enemy of Debt- What Kind Of People Live Without Credit Cards
- Daily Money Shot- Business Lessons From A Roadside Bullet Vendor
- Your Life For Less- Only Invest In What You Know
- Money Infant- Fun Vs Frugality Have Fun Like A Kid While Saving Like An Adult
- Newlyweds On A Budget- Is It Ok To Have 3 Kids?
- Vix Money- Organic Food, Is It Worth The Money?
- Mo Money Mo Houses -Breaking The Bank In Search Of Everlasting Beauty
Twitter Personal Finance Peeps to Check Out!
These are the Blogs and Websites that took the time to Tweet or Re-Tweet posts this week for Canadian Budget Binder. This is my way of saying thank-you and giving back by sharing your page or name with my fans. Check them out and give them a Follow. If I missed you just let me know and I’ll bump you to the top of the list next week!! I’d also like to thank my Twitter Everyday Fans of Canadian Budget Binder for taking the time to Tweet.
- Modest Money- Twitter
- Work Save Live – Twitter
- One Smart Dollar – Twitter
- iHeart Budgets – Twitter
- When Life Gives You Lemons – Twitter
- The Outlier Model – Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Vix Money – Twitter
- Frugal Rules – Twitter
- Eyes On The Dollar – Twitter
- My Canuck Buck – Twitter
- Money Bulldog – Twitter
- See Debt Run – Twitter
- My Own Advisor – Twitter
- The Frugal Toad- Twitter
- The Flying Couponer- Twitter
- My Own Advisor- Twitter
- Blonde On A Budget- Twitter
- Plunged in Debt- Twitter
- Gary Gorr- Twitter
- Add Vodka- Twitter
- Credit Spark – Twitter
- Coupon Christine- Twitter
- Forget Debt- Twitter
- Tackling Our Debt-Twitter
- Savvy Scot-Twitter
- Financial Confessions of a Former Brat- Twitter
- Money Crush -Twitter
- Frugal Rules- Twitter
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
I’m continuing with the search terms of the week as I think it adds some spice to Mr. CBB’s Blog picks and hey who doesn’t like a laugh. Sometimes I just can’t help but laugh so I thought I would share the best to date with all of you!
How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
- Garage Sale Prices Canada- I’m not sure why people search for Garage Sale prices, but they do. There is no point as the price is essentially up to you.
- How Do I Not Always Want More?- Yeah I ask myself that same question all the time.
- It is Amazing What You Can Accomplish When You Don’t Care Who Gets The Credit- I love this!
- How To Say That A Tax Assessment Is Not Warranted- Easy… I’ll tell you… “A Tax Assessment Is Not Warranted”.
- Big Eye Cartoon Potatoes- No comment
- Average Change In Net worth After Quitting Smoking- Well…. add this (cost of smokes per month) to your Net worth IF you are saving it. This is an odd search …. as I’m not sure what they were hoping to find.
- Co-Worker bought Coffee for me- Good for you, now what are you searching for again?
- Who Needs Family When You Have Friends- Ya, you’re right, meh…
- Growing A Celery Fridge- If you can show me a Celery Fridge, I’ll be a changed man.
- How To Have Convenience Food On a Low Budget- Now, I’ve read it all!! I smell a blog post coming on…..
- Why Only 42 Weeks Maternity Leave In Ontario- Yes the answer is under… “Keep dreaming if you think you will ever understand why anything happens with the government.”
- What it’s like to own a pet Fox- Oh ya..”Finance Fox” maybe you can answer that one…
- What I want in a Husband- Now they are looking it up… watch out men. We must find that check-list.
- Mr. Noodles- First Mr.Wow.. Now Mr.Noodles… what’s next …?
- Shocked Snobby Grandma- No Grandma Here
- I Like Eat Cartoon- What do Cartoons Taste like?
- Which Is More Important, You’re Wife or Friend? – Bloody Hell, really?
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!
Would You Like To Guest Post for Canadian Budget Binder?
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
Are you on Mr.CBB’s Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you to my ever-growing blog roll simply click here and fill out the form. Introduce yourself and lets LINK UP!
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks September 7, 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Sept 14,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- MR. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Sept 21,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 17-23,2012- Bring On The Rain! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credits-Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>