Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
This week flew by to be honest and it felt like I spent more time outside of the home than I did inside. It was so nice out that I went for a few evening jogs and we also walked around to take in the breathtaking views of the Autumn Colours on the trees in our neighbourhood. I was speaking to me mum and dad in the UK yesterday and they asked me if the trees has started to turn. That is one thing they miss about their first visit to Canada back a few years ago. Next time they visit they want to do the Agawa Canyon Tour up in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. It’s a one day tour into the heart of Canadian Wilderness and we all want to check it out. Have you done this?
I’ve pretty much put the garden to rest for the winter and now have around 12 plants to bring inside (even that pretty fern we rescued from the side of the road early in the spring). I don’t know about you but it gets depressing when I have to put everything away but I know that the snow is just another means to keeping me busy, just not with the rake.
This weekend is Thanksgiving Weekend and we are heading up to the relatives for the “eating” festivities. We enjoy getting together with out family and we don’t do it often enough. Next year we plan to do more travelling even the short distances because life is short and you never know when life will end. We also plan to make a trip back to the UK to see my family as it’s long overdue. To my American Fans Happy Columbus Day! To My Canadian Fans enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend and many blessings to you and your family.
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
This week was all about end of month budget and Net Worth Updates here at CBB. It’s actually my favourite time of month because I get to see how well we did financially simply by sticking to our budget. I can’t force anyone to budget that’s for sure but I can show others what it can do for them if they take the time to want to learn. I’ve had many fans who have made some life changes with their finances. I can’t wait to share one fans triumphs simply by starting to budget and sticking to it. Keep an eye out for that awesome fan post!
This week I also wrote a guest post which I like to do at least once a month for blogs that I follow and take an interest in. If you ever want to guest post for me, than send me an email. I always love to hear stories from other Bloggers who want to share with my fans.
This month I wrote a blog post titled “The Evolution Of Our Budget” which really highlights where we started and where we are today. A budget is a never-ending book that needs to be read over and over. It’s not a book you read once then put away. You need to make changes to the chapters and hope that the ending is what you set out to achieve when you lay out your yearly goals. Please take a moment to read this post and I hope that it helps you to see where we as a couple are heading with our budget.
You will notice below that I mention I will be cutting back on the weekly links to only those that engage the most with Canadian Binder. I believe in giving but only to those that respond and maybe say hi or thanks once in a while! So please don’t feel left out, I’m just limiting the links to those bloggers that truly have an interest in my blog and want me to share their posts with all of my fans!
Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- September 2012 Canadian Budget Binder Family Budget Update
- September 2012 Canadian Budget Binder Net Worth Update
- The Grocery Game Challenge Oct 1-7, 2012 -Giving Thanks
- Fall Gardening, Go Grow Something and Save– Guest Post
- Mr. CBB’s Roasted Red Pepper Gnocchi In A Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Mr. CBB Top Blog Post Picks of the Week And Those That Shared Us!
Thank-You for taking the time to link up to my page!
(If I miss You..please let me know but these are the only pages I am aware of that linked to me)
Those That Shared>>>Check these awesome blogs out!
- Vix Money- Weekend Links End of September and Spending Plan Results
- Gary Gorr- Mers- Fees and Behaviour Their Impact On Your Returns
- I Heart Budgets- Weekly Wrap Up, Mentions and Good Reads
- Plunged In Debt- How We Eat On $300 a Month- My Meal Planning Guide
- The Outlier Model- Updates September 23-29
- L Bee And The Money Tree- Monthly Money Tree Round Up
- Add Vodka- Saturday Links, Blogs I love-Convocation Edition
- Square Pennies- September 2012 Blog Round Up
- Club Thrifty- The VIP Club Weekly Round-Up 6th Edition
- Modest Money- Beginning Of October 2012 Blog Update
- Eyes On The Dollar- October 2012 Goals
- Lil Suburban Homestead- The Things You Do With Rice
Top Blog Picks Of The Week- These are Posts I think You will Love to read!
This List has grown so big starting next week I will be cutting it down to bloggers that interact and engage the most with Canadian Budget Binder.
- The Savvy Scot- Too Rich To Care
- IHeartBudgets- 5 Ways Being A Stay At Home Parent Saves Money
- Club Thrifty- Paying For College- Should Parents Have a Say In Their Child’s Choice of Major?
- My Broken Coin- I’d Rather Have New Shoes Than Kids
- Work Save Live- How To Play The Credit Card Game And Beat The System
- Enemy Of Debt- I Will Now Cease Any and All Complaining
- Canadian Personal Finance Blog- Spending Money To Make Money
- Frugal Rules- Find Financial Safety With An Emergency Fund
- My Canuck Buck- What To Do When OSAP Collectors Come Calling
- Modest Money- The Benefits Of Working Part-Time
- So Over This- Confession I am Raising A Total Slob
- The Outlier Model- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- Young Adult Money- How We Saved Hundreds On Coffee
- Money After Graduation- A Spouse Is Not An Alternative Income Stream
- One Cent At A Time- 10 Low Cost Halloween Costume Ideas
- Finance Fox- First Time Home Buyers Flock To Social Media For Advice
- Fabulous And Money Savvy- Are Parents Setting their Kids Up For Failure?
- One Smart Dollar- The Cost Of International Adoption
- Money Infant- Paying for College Without Selling Your Soul or Your House
- Boomer and Echo- Investors Getting Short Changed From Our Banks And Advisors
- Money Bulldog- Can You Still Get Bank Charges Refunded
- Femme Frugality- Family History For All Price Ranges
- LBeeAndTheMoneyTree- 5 Things To Know Before You Invest
- The Entry Level Dilemma- Are Store Surveys Worth the Time?
- CanadianMDInvestor- REIT’s Can They Be Valued? Update: No longer blogging
- Bog Of Debt- Top Tip For Apartment Hunters
- Making Sense of Cents- Rise Of The Female Trader
- The First Million Is The Hardest- Should I Refinance My Mortgage?
- Blonde On A Budget- October 2012 Budget & Goals
- Thirty Six Months- 10 Ways To Save Money When Buying A New Car
- Mo Money Mo Houses- Thoughts On Buying Properties In The US
- Debt And The Girl- Creating A Realistic Budget
- Plunged In Debt- Charging Your Kids Rent
- The Daily Digg- 3 Key Areas When Buying A Home
- Vix Money- The New Coffee House Investor
Twitter #PF Peeps to Check Out!
These are the Blogs and Websites that took the time to tweet a blog post from Canadian Budget Binder. This list will be reduced as well to tweeps that re-tweet at least twice a week! Thanks for spreading the word. So ,CBB Fans check out these awesome Bloggers who are helping me tell the world about our blog! Follow them if you like them as much as I do! If I’ve missed you, my apologies… just let me know!
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Search terms of the week are really a hoot! Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure. What are you saying about them?
How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
Men Sexy- Hey, we’re all about ‘sexy’ here at CBB!
Do u ask a girl 4 her hand in married before you tell her parents- Keep asking yourself this question and the answer will find you.
Canadian Tire Vinegar for house keeping- Didn’t know Canadian Tire made their own brand of Vinegar..
Mr. Invisible- So, Mr. Wow, Mr. Noodles and now Mr. Invisible….
Women never budget- I’m not touching this one…
Take care of your people and they’ll take care of you- Yes provided you can take care of yourself first.
MPAC “grow op”- Not sure if MPAC found a “grow op” and this person is hoping to find info on whether they would be going to jail for harvesting marijuana or whether their home would increase in value because of it.
How do you say my first vacation in Canada?- Like this.. My First Vacation In Canada. Bill is in the mail! Don’t be late, I charge interest…..
Contact email address of new bank manager of Canada 2012 @yahoo.ca @hotmail.com @person.ca- Now If only I could have fans looking to contact me that badly…
Is Tetley tea stronger than Red Rose- I’m going to go out on a limb and say No. I find the tea in Canada weak but I continue to drink it.. “shakes head”
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
Are you on Mr.CBB’s Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you to my ever-growing blog roll simply click here and fill out the form. Introduce yourself and lets LINK UP!
- Scanning Code of Practice (SCOP) In Canada…Did You Know? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks September 7, 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- What Is the Difference Between a Mortgage Lender vs a Mortgage Broker? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- MPAC Assessment And The Value Of My House (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Are you a Grocery Store Snob? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credits:Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>