Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
This week has been a relaxed but busy week for me as I finished putting up the Christmas lights. The only problem is that I am short around 6 feet so now I’m stuck looking for a 6-8 ft set that match. I went to Canadian Tire to check out their Christmas lights and nearly lost my gut when the sales woman told me 33 ft of the lights I needed cost $119.00. Are you bloody kidding me? I didn’t want to buy Christmas lights that are just getting put up on the shelves and have not even been in the flyer yet for sales. With my luck I’ll pay full price and it will go on sale the next week. That’s not so bad though as I could always return with the receipt for a product price adjustment but it’s just the time and gas that you have to factor in. I said to Mrs.CBB you watch if this last 6 ft of lights will cost me more than the 8 boxes or so that we got at end of season the past 2 years. Gotta love it! I still haven’t finished the deck completely but the house is winter ready. All the plants are in, water is turned off and the Central Air is wrapped up. Lastly I was able to plant some rapini for next year. Just waiting for the snow, not!
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
Canadian Budget Binder has been hopping this week with many people who want to guest post which I think is great. I really like to show case other blogs so if you want to share your expertise contact me. I must admit though that some posts I get in are just not making the cut. I really do look for quality posts that readers can learn something from and sparkle with that personal touch. Other than that we had a smashing week with the numbers and the one’s that need to go down are going down the one’s that need to go up are going up. The one’s that land money in my pocket are still non-existent.
I’ve almost convinced Andrea from Nuts and Bolts Media that I’m going to become a male stripper or a Tom Cruise Cocktail bartender for the extra money to create and move my website if that’s the only way I can get it. OK, so I won’t strip but bartending can really bring in some extra cash if I turn on the Secret Prince charm. Anyone hiring? It’s not easy convincing your wife that you need a chunk of change to make money. Does anyone else have the problem? Spending money to make money but it also takes explaining to the other half why I’m doing it and how. So, until then Canadian Budget Binder chugs along like a good little blog.
Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap- If you missed a post click on the links below and see what we have shared with our fans.
- Canadian Law: Jury Duty In Canada Can Take It’s Toll On Your Budget
- Making Money On Parental Leave In Canada
- The Grocery Game Challenge Oct 8-14 Fresh Air
- How To Get The Best Car Leasing Deal
- Mr.CBB’s Sausage Potato Cabbage Tomato Stew
- Get Out Of Bed And Make That Change
Blogs From Around The Web That Shared Us With Their Fans!
Thank-You for taking the time to link up to CBB!
(If I miss You..please let me know)
Beginning Of October 2012 Favourite Posts- Modest Money (Top Site Driving Traffic to Canadian Budget Binder- Cheers to my Mate Jeremy!)
- The VIP Weekly Round Up 7th Edition- Club Thrifty
- Frugal Friday Posts That Ruled bcs Edition- Frugal Rules
- Frugal Friday Posts That Ruled Week 4 -Frugal Rules
- The Money Bulldog Daily -Money Bulldog
- Weekend Links by Vix Money mentioned Making Money On Parental Leave In Canada
- Weekly Favourites 12.10.12- Plunged in Debt mentioned Making Money On Parental Leave In Canada
- Carnivals, Mentions &Weekend Reading#32- Work Save Live
- Quick Hits and Weekend Reading 7- Young Adult Money
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off These Blogs 8- Eyes On The Dollar
- Weekly Round up 7- This is Common Cents
- Blog Round Up for October 7- My Canuck Buck
- Personal Finance Week In Review For Oct 7- One Smart Dollar
Top Blog Picks Of The Week-
These are Posts I think You will Love to read!
The previous Lists had grown so big that I’ve cut it to 10 top Bloggers that interact and engage the most with Canadian Budget Binder and those posts I believe my fans would benefit from or New Bloggers I’ve Connected with.
- Modest Money- How The Internet Makes Saving Your Money Easier
- One Smart Dollar- 5 Ways To Help Get Out Of Debt
- Work Save Live- Short On Cash and Bills are Due. What Do You Do?
- My Canuck Buck- How Does an Increase In Interest Rates Affect Your Savings?
- Club Thrifty-Making Alot Of Money:The Opportunity To Not Be Broker
- Frugal Rules- 4 Easy Ways To Avoid Holiday Debt
- Plunged In Debt- Teaching Honey Boo Boo Some Budgeting Skills
- L Bee And The Money Tree- On Money and Sex
Twitter #PF Peeps to Check Out!
These are the Blogs and Websites that took the time to tweet a blog post from Canadian Budget Binder more than twice this past week.
- Modest Money- Twitter
- Work Save Live – Twitter
- One Smart Dollar – Twitter
- Married With Debt – Twitter
- When Life Gives You Lemons – Twitter
- The Outlier Model – Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Frugal Rules – Twitter
- Making Sense of Cents – Twitter
- Mo’ Money Mo’ Houses – Twitter
- Money Bulldog – Twitter
- My Own Advisor – Twitter
- One Cent At A Time – Twitter
- Blonde On A Budget- Twitter
- Lil Suburban Homestead- Twitter
- Plunged in Debt- Twitter
- Gary Gorr CHFC- Twitter
- Add Vodka- Twitter
- Sense Of Cents - Twitter
- This Is Common Cents- Twitter
- Reach Final Independence- Twitter
- David Smith PBC – Twitter
- Brenda Spiering Editor of The Brighter Life- Twitter
- My Alternate Life- Twitter
- Ottawa Bankruptcy- Twitter
- Femme Frugality- Twitter
- Roger Wohlner – Twitter
Here are some great Facebook Pages to Check out!- If you want your page to appear here… Like and Share Canadian Budget Binder posts on Facebook!!
- Frugal Sally
- Save Big Live Better
- Modest Money
- Money Bulldog
- When Life Gives You Lemons- Add Vodka
- Money After Graduation
- Coupon Christine
- Money Smart Mom
- The Flying Couponer
- Michael Anthony Lloyd-Mortgage Expert
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Search terms of the week are really a hoot! Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure. What are you saying about them?
Top 10 How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
My Top Pick- If I have a Baby Is my OSAP written off? – Ya in your dreams! That’s all we need is students who can’t find jobs after school getting pregnant to get rid of one debt and start another that will far surpass any education… bringing a child into this world.
- Good Employer Budget- That almost scares me to see they have to look it up on-line
- Canadian Couples $0 cost Wedding- Ya, keep dreaming
- Binders HR Should Have- You really need to look this up?
- If A Something Cost $93.31 and it was marked down 40% what was the original price? – If you read this the way I did, you are laughing, if not it’s simply a math question from someone who doesn’t understand basic math.
- men sexy- If you say so
- Can you eat too much fresh basil? Knock yourself out mate, eat it all day long if that’s what you fancy.
- Mr. a s picks- add this to the list of Mr. searches
- zzzquil at Shoppers Drug Mart- lol… haha sorry this was funny
- garlic onion student special- sounds like something I’d want for lunch
- Save money or have fun after a divorce? – really you need a friend or mentor not a computer.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks October 5, 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Sept 14,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credits: 123RF