Mr.CBB’s Saturday Weekend Review
Well, if you don’t already know I’ve participated this week in the B.C Welfare Food Challenge. This week has certainly been an eye opener for Mrs.CBB and I and I will have a final report about how this week went for us next week. I’ve just started to post some photos of the food I created from my $26 grocery budget for 1 on my Facebook page in the photos album so check them out.
I’ve also finished putting up the Christmas lights however I’m still stuck trying to find one small string to finish it off. I might as well say stuff it for this year as I don’t fancy spending more money on an additional 8ft of lights than I did on the other boxes I bought end of season.
We purchased our pumpkin for Halloween and it’s a small one but it’s just perfect. I’ll be the one in charge of the carving but I’m not one of those fancy carvers I just give it the ol’ 1,2,3 and stick a candle inside. I’ll post a picture after I have a stab at it and show you the results next week!
What do you do with your Halloween Pumpkin Design?
I’ve also started the raking the leaves process in our yard. Yes that’s my leg you see in this picture. I know I’m giving you one body part at a time but that will have to do. It’s the slow, sexy reveal, one body part at time or we can simply revert back to the watering can for all of you that remember that photo.
There is a method to my madness though don’t you worry. Next week I have a post for all of you about what I do with my leaves and why. I don’t put them to the curb, never have and never will. Don’t miss that post.
That’s about all that I did around the home front this week as I’ve been busy at work but I’m not complaining. Who needs sleep anyways, right?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
Another awesome announcement is that my mate Steve Zussino over at Grocery Alerts has put out a FREE E-Book written by Lina his wife and himself. It’s a book that has listed the Top 100 Websites for Saving Money In Canada with Canadian Budget Binder topping the charts at #87.
Steve goes on to say in an email to me….
We included websites that give advice on investing, mortgage rates, insurance quotes, coupons, mobile deal websites, financial gurus, frugal living, retirement pros, consumer news, financial media, and personal blogs.
A big Thanks to Lina and Steve for including Canadian Budget Binder. Please click the link and download this Free E-book today!! It has all the great Canadian sites packed into one neat spot.
The blog has gotten so busy lately I’m hoping soon I can find a volunteer to help me out. Any takers? I’ve also opened the flood gates for “guest posts” so send me an email if you have something you want to share with my fans.
Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- The Grocery Game Challenge Oct 15-21,2012 The Welfare Food Challenge
- Welfare Food Challenge $26 a Week for 1 In The Grocery Budget
- Mr. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Oct 19,2012
- Surviving A Lower Income On Maternity Leave In Canada
- The Welfare Food Challenge- The First 2 Days Of My Menu
- Mr.CBB’s Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake With Brown Buttercream
- Mr Biggest Money Mistake- Co-signing and Taking On Debt
This is a NEW Feature where I will share your website so my fans can check you out if you send me the most traffic for the week! The Top Site To Drive Traffic To Canadian Budget Binder for this week goes to…… CLUB THRIFTY! Club Thrifty says “Stop Spending and Start Living“. Check them out!
Blogs From Around The Web That Shared Us With Their Fans!
Thank-You for taking the time to link up to CBB!
(If I miss You..please let me know and I will include your post next week)
- Work Save Live- Carnivals, Mentions and Weekend Readings #34
- Work Save Live- Carnivals, Mentions and Weekend Readings #33
- Club Thrifty- Weekly Round-Up 7th Edition
- Modest Money- Mid October Blog Update
- Modest Money- Mid October Favourite Blog Posts
- Modest Money- October 19 2012 Blog Update
- Modest Money- October 20- Favourite Blog Posts
- The Outlier Model- Updates Sept 30-Oct 6
- When Life Gives You Lemons Add Vodka- Saturday Links & Blogs I Love Work Edition
- My Own Advisor- Weekend Reading- Books To Help Canadians Save More Money and Great Blogs
- Drop That Debt- Friday Link Love
- My Canuck Buck- Blog Round-up Oct 19,2012
- Vix Money- Weekend Links
- Finance Fox- Weekend Recap- Michigan State Spartans Football and Money Related Reads!
- Plunged In Debt- Weekly Reads 19.10.2012
- Reach Financial Independence- Weekly Recap 4
- Frugal Rules- Frugal Friday Posts That Ruled This Week, The BSC Edition #2
- Freedom 35- Blog Round-up Oct 19,2012
- The Penalty Isaids- 3 Totally Smart Gardening Tips To Make Life Easier
- Youpon- Shared The Grocery Game Challenge Oct 15-21 The Welfare Food Challenge
- The Margie Halem Team- Shared Mr.CBB’s Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake with Brown Butter Buttercream
- Lil Suburban Homestead- Shared Mr.CBB’s Apple Caramel Harvest Muffins
- Eyes on The Dollar- Mentioned The Grocery Game Challenge
- The Family Finances- Friends of the Family Weekend Windy Edition
- This is Common Cents- Weekly Round-Up #8
- One Smart Dollar- Personal Finance Week in Review for Oct 14,2012
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Search terms of the week are really a hoot! Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure. What are you saying about them? Any typos below are simply the person who searched who made the error or me 😉
Top 10 How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
My Top Pick- Tater Balls Recipe From Scratch- Something about balls and scratching in the same sentence sound wrong for a recipe.
- Women wasting time at work- Someone doesn’t sound so happy.
- Immigrant Eating Money- I don’t reckon money is a food group. Yes waiter I’d like the steak done medium rare and a side of 10 $100 bills with extra gravy in a small bowl please.. hahahaha
- If you love me, prove it- Oh brother!
- I’m thinking outside the box- Well good for you mate!!
- How much do I feed my baby love bird? Ok.. all I can think of here is our love fern chat we had that might have brought this person to the blog.
- Tim Horton’s Is a multitasking, you need to know everything in the store- I’m going to agree it’s fast food so you better be ready to rock and roll.
- One day you will find me and I will follow you and us- say that 10 times!
- It cost Neil $2.88 to make the muffins, he sold the muffins- They forgot to type.. How much did Neil Make?
- Bag of Drinking Cans- hope they enjoyed my bag full of beer cans photo
- Binder Sex- I don’t want to know!
- Ontario Tricks about Maternity leave- What exactly do you plan to do? Is there a trick to maternity leave?
- Men Sexy- lots of sex (y) going on…
- Cooking with Mr.CBB- Hahaha ok this should have made my top pick but I thought I would take myself out of the spotlight this week.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
Are you on Mr.CBB’s Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you to my ever-growing blog roll simply click here and fill out the form. Introduce yourself and lets LINK UP!
Photo Credits: Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>