One day until Halloween and today is the start of the November month for The Grocery Game Challenge. Rain, rain go away and take Hurricane Sandy with you so the kiddies can trick or treat! I know some cities are talking about re-scheduling Halloween due to the weather conditions. If you are stuck indoors you could always make a quick batch of some Halloween treats I made on the weekend, Mr.CBB’s Scary Witch Finger Cookies. I have a hard time saying no to these buttery cookies.
With the last two months of the year approaching we are looking back and reflecting on our grocery budget of $190 since we started this game in February. We had some blips along the way and will share our goals for 2013 some time in December.
This week we didn’t have too much to purchase but we spent more than we should have, oops. Sometimes those in-store deals can get ya and we are just like everyone else having to make the split decision of yes or no. How will this decision effect our grocery budget for the month? We are not over for the month but we will have to concentrate on sticking to the budget the rest of the month.
With spending pressures of Christmas just around the corner we are thinking ahead. We like to plan our shops in advance for the holiday season as we do some baking for friends and family. I will be sharing with you our famous peanut butter ball, snowball, and coconut ball recipes in the upcoming month. Yum, you bet, chocolate, you bet. So we will keep an eye out for great deals on nuts in the next month or so. Butter and peanut butter are other baking budget busters so we will keep our eyes peeled for any great deals.
Question: Do you stock up on items for the holidays?
- No Frills= NF
- Food Basics= FB
- Shoppers Drug Mart= SDM
- 16 cans of Clover Leaf Albacore Flavoured Tuna PM NF $1.99 – $1.00 and Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) Coupons enough for 16 cans
- 10 x Pedigree Marro Bones/Stix Sale $3.47- BOGO and buy 2 save $2.00
- 1x Onions Sale $1.00 3lb bag
- 1x Carrots Sale $1.00 3lb bag
- 1x celery PM NF $0.97
- 2x Mushrooms Pm FB – Sale $0.88 each
- 2x Fennel/Anise PM FB -Sale $0.88 (these are massive)
- 1x Cauliflower PM FB -Sale $0.88
- Gala Apples PM NF $0.79 lb $2.58
- Hellman’s Olive Oil Mayo PM NF Sale $2.99-.75 = $2.24 ( you can’t make it for this cheap)
- 6x Dentyne Gum PM NF Sale $1.99
- 4x I can’t believe it’s not butter PM Zehrs- Sale $1.00
- 3x Colgate Advanced Toothpaste $1.97-$1.50
- 6 x Rapini Sale $0.88 each
- 3x Basmati Rice Sale $4.99 each
- 3 x Primo Pasta Sale $0.88 each
- 1x Coconut Sale $0.89
- 2 bags of peanuts Sale $2.00 each
- 5 1L Neilson Cream Sale $1.99
- 4 x Nivea Creme Soap Bars Sale $1.99- $3.00 coupons =150 Optimum Points
- 1x Powerade $1.39- Free Product Coupon (FPC)
Weekly Grocery Game Challenge Results for Mr. and Mrs. CBB
- Total Grocery Budget for the Week: $63.33
- Total Coupons Used this Week: WM-$31.84+ SDM $10.00 Spending Card+$13.49=$45.33 coupons+$10.00 spending Card
- Total Scanning Code of Practice: $0
- Total Spent This Week:$99.21
- Total Spent So Far for November: $99.21
- Total Over/
Underspend this shop: $35.88
Over/Under spend for the month of November: $90.79
- Total Left to Spend for the Month: $90.79
- Total Coupons Used This Month : $45.33 + $10.00 Spending Card
Overall: Well we are off to a fast start to this month and we have spent a good chunk of our budget all in one shop. It will be challenging to see how the next 3 weeks play out and whether we can make it to the $190 without going over budget.
October Monthly WINNER: The winner for the month of October is Ballot #41 which belongs to Vicky! Congratulations Vicky! Please email me for details on how to collect your prize.
True Random Number Generator Result:41
Question: What are your reasons for joining the Grocery Game Challenge?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to be Canadian to post my Grocery Shop?
No, you don’t have to be Canadian to post your shops only to win a monthly prize. We have a few posters from around the world.
- When does the Grocery Game Close each month?
The Grocery Game Challenge Closes at Midnight of the last Sunday of the last post for the month. You can post your shops all month-long so if you miss a week you can go back and post so you still get your entry in the monthly contest.
- Does Your Grocery Budget Include Health and Beauty and Laundry?
Yes our Grocery Budget includes such items as shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap etc. We don’t mind stockpiling items that won’t be effected by expiry dates or have long expiry dates but not so much food any more. It’s just one way to help cut your budget to save money. We are currently well stocked with those products since we used coupons heavily the past couple of years. We haven’t really stocked up on much but we have taken every opportunity to purchase more paper towel, toilet paper, fabric softener and a host of other items that are an excellent price with coupon.
There are many places you can find Canadian Coupons whether it be in store or via the mail. I would suggest following an on-line coupon community or coupon Facebook page in your area.
Canadian Coupon Match-Ups- Match your coupons with flyer sales!
Here are your Coupon Match-ups for Nov 2-Nov 8,2012 the week from around Canada compliments of Save Big Live Better. Just one of my favourite Couponing sites for finding the hottest grocery deals in Canada!
Here are a few coupons we picked up while shopping.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
You can also subscribe to Canadian Budget Binder so you don’t miss a blog post. Fill in your email address on the HOME page of the blog off to the left where it says “Subscribe Via Email”- No Spam, I promise!
Are you on Mr.CBB’s Blog Roll? Check HERE… if not and you want me to check out your blog and add you, come introduce yourself.
If you want to write a Guest Post for Canadian Budget Binder start here!
- Welfare Food Challenge- $26 A Week for 1 In The Grocery Budget (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Are you a Grocery Store Snob? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Oct 15-21,2012~ Welfare Food Challenge (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credit: Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>