Mr.CBB’s Saturday Weekend Review
Well, Halloween has come and gone but I did promise that I would post a picture of the pumpkin I carved. Please don’t mind the obvious blurry picture as clearly I would have gotten out my tripod. Mrs.CBB said, “nah, it will be OK”. So this is her version of “OK” in the following pictures (after a few drinks).
I also scooped out the pumpkin seeds like others said they do. I know it sounds strange but it’s only my third pumpkin that I’ve carved. I cleaned the seeds, added some sesame oil, salt, pepper, paprika and steak seasoning lol.. (gosh I hope that’s not odd). Then I roasted them in the oven 2 days after Halloween so I could let them dry out a bit.
That’s not entirely true. The tray was taking too much room up on the counter so we tossed it in the oven. Well 2 days later Mrs.CBB says, “Babe, I think we forgot to roast the pumpkin seeds”. They don’t look so appetizing in the picture but I’m currently munching on them as I type this and they aren’t so bad, if you like cardboard. A nice cold beer to wash these beauties down sounds good to me.
On a final note our Sample-source package came in the mail (can never have enough razors) in the house. I like that Downy Unstoppables sample as it really jazzed up the smell of my socks.’-)
That’s all for now, this week I’m working on some final yard work and then it’s indoor renovation time! Are you all ready for this, Mr.CBB and his tools?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
First I’d like to say Happy 1 year Blogoversary to my mate Jason at Work Save Live. Head over to his site to
ENTER his awesome give-away to win an Apple Ipad Mini, $100 Amazon GC and $50 PayPal. Check it out!
This week at CBB has been busy with lots of great guest posts coming in which we love here at Canadian Budget Binder. If you want to guest post or share a story send me an email today. I’ve also been working slowly on transforming CBB into a brighter environment for all of us. More on that to come.
The Grocery Game Challenge is growing and I’m thrilled to share with all of you that do post your weekly shops how impressed I’ve been with your progress over the course of the year. For those of you that just started to post your shops keep at it and keep those dollars in your pocket.
Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- The Grocery Game Challenge-Oct 30-Nov 4- Halloween and Rain
- Do I Have To Share My RRSP’s With My Spouse when I get Divorced?
- How We Renovated Our First Home For Under $25,000
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Nov 2, 2012
- How To Have The Wedding of Your Dreams And Still Be Frugal
- Spooky, Frugal, Halloween Fun- Mr.CBB’s Scary Witch Finger Cookies
- Guest Post I wrote at Canadian Savers: How Budgeting and Planning Lowered Our Grocery Budget
This is a NEW Feature I started last week on Canadian Budget Binder. This is where I will share your website so my fans can check you out if you send me the most traffic for the week! The Top Blog To Drive Traffic To Canadian Budget Binder for this week goes to…… Mark at My Own Advisor! Check him out!
Weekly Top 2 Honourable Mentions
Blogs From Around The Web That Shared Us With Their Fans!
(If I miss You..please let me know and I will include your post next week as this runs Sat to Sat so if you linked me on Sat it will show up next week)
- John at Frugal Rules-Posts that Ruled This Week: Month End Extravaganza mentions “How we Renovated Our First House for Under $25,000″ and his excellent guest post for Canadian Budget Binder
- Jeremy at Modest Money– End of October 2012 Favourite Blog Posts– Mentions -Is It Savvy To Cash In My RRSP To Pay Off Debt
- Crystal at Budgeting In The Fun Stuff- Weekly Favourites– Mentions- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave
- Jason at Work, Save Live– Carnivals,Mentions and Weekend Reading Mentions- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave
- Jessica at Mo Money, Mo Houses– My First Weekly Link Round Up- Mentions- What Products To Stockpile FOr Maternity Leave
- Debt Free Bread– Saturday’s Blog Picks– Mentions- Welfare Food Challenge, Final Thoughts
- Lauren at L Bee And The Money Tree- Monthly Money Tree Cowgirl Round-up (October) Mentions-CBB to say Thanks!
- Broke Ass Mommy– Muddled Monday With Some Link Crushin-Mentions- Frugal Halloween Fun: Mr. CBB’s Scary Witch Finger Cookies!
- Sean at One Smart Dollar- Finance Week In Review October, 28,2012-Mentions-What Products to Stockpile For Maternity Leave.
- Kim at Eyes On The Dollar – Can’t Take My Eyes Off These Blogs Mentions- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave
- The Frugal Path- Five Posts To Help You Get Over The Hump-Halloween Edition Mentions- ” How We Renovated Our First House For Under $25,000″.
- My Alternate Life– Friday Link Love and photos ~ mentions “How to Renovate a House on a Budget”
- Club Thrifty– The VIP CLUB Round-Up 9th Edition-mentioned “How We Renovated Our House for Under $25,000″
- Catherine at Plunged In Debt– Weekly Reads:02.11.12 – mentions “How to have the Wedding of Your Dreams and Still Be Frugal”
- Pauline at Reach Financial Independence–Friday Recap, New House, No Electricity- mentions “How we Renovated our First Home for under $25,000″
- My Own Advisor- Weekend Reading,Halloween Wrap Up–Mentions “Is It Savvy To Cash In My RRSP’s To Pay Off Debt”?
- Vicky at Vix Money– October 2012 Spending Recap mentions how The Grocery Game Challenge has helped her stick to her budget. She also was the October Winner of The Grocery Game Challenge. Congrats Vicky!
- How To Save Money– The Best of Personal Finance– Mentions Why Canadians Love Free Product Samples.
Top 5 Recent Blog Commenter’s– These are my top 5 fans that read and comment on blog posts at Canadian Budget Binder. Thanks
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Search terms of the week are really a hoot! Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure. What are you saying about them? Any typos below are simply the person who searched who made the error or me
Top 8 How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>Only 8 that caught my eye this week.
- Canadian Ladies what they want from men– well, you’ve come to the right place.. have a read and you shall know.
- A Sausage Cabbage Tomato– That must be one of those rare types of tomato breeds long and round. You should always watch who your tomatoes are hanging out with.
- Sower Cream… at least it wasn’t spelled sewer (like I’m one to talk about typos, I’m rubbish with my fingers sometimes (get your minds out of the gutter lol)
- How much is one pound of walnuts in the supermarket? Oh crap where is that magic wand, I’ve lost it again. Sorry can’t help you mate.
- Unusual frugal recipes– So what do you mean like unusual, banana peel nut loaf… I’d call that unusual, wouldn’t you although common in India and South East Asia ! Banana Peels also aid in digestion and bowel movements so it’s doubly unusual. I think I just learned lots about Banana Peels, did you?
- Can You Eat Too Much Fresh Basil- Yup and if you’re not careful you’ll start growing it out your nose and ears (now that’s organic). Did you know basil is considered a “holy herb” although I knew it was medicinal. Me either. I don’t think basil will cause you any problems, so eat until you just can’t take it any more.. yum,yum,yum.
- Turkey Costs $4.99 a pound, About How much would 2.79 pounds calculate– I wonder if this was on a math exam….
- Scary Picture of Vegetable Carvings– Oh ya, that would certainly freak me out!
That’s all for this weeks “The Saturday Weekend Review” tune in next week when I bring you more of the best and worst from around CBB!!
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Canadian Budget Binder- The Saturday Weekend Review #1 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- September 2012 Net Worth Update Canadian Budget Binder (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- September 2012 Canadian Budget Binder Family Budget Update (canadianbudgetbinder.com)