It’s a few weeks before Christmas now and the festive preparation has begun starting with our Holiday Snowballs and tonight Peanut Butter Balls. This is the first post for the December Grocery Game Challenge and I welcome all new fans that are joining in from wherever you are in the world! As I mentioned in my November Budget Update yesterday next year we will be making changes to our Christmas Budget. Just when we thought we had it sorted out we were thrown another curve ball yesterday. This is where we feel the pressures of the holiday season but should be ready. One of our family members came up with the idea to have a “gag gift” for everyone to open on Christmas Eve. She says the amount to spend is $10 which is fine but we did not budget for this expense. Although it is only $20 total for the both of us it’s more money we need to factor in for next year, just in case. The Christmas season is so unpredictable that we will really take a look at our Christmas Budget to make it as realistic as we can. Any left over money can go towards boxing day sales or into our savings. It’s better to be safe than having to put it on credit if you don’t have to.
Today I am putting up the Christmas Decorations and I can’t wait to tell you all about it… shhh.. that means a Christmas Blog Post is coming up soon!
So, since we went WAY over budget in November it didn’t leave us much to spend for December. We have a total of $190 per month to spend and in November we spent a whopping $295.77 mainly due to stockpiling products that were on sale. I’ll touch more on this topic in the new year and what we will do about our stockpiling budget. I know it sounds like alot of budgeting and it is but it’s worth it. In December we are now left with $84.23 to spend. Here’s to hoping we can pull this off!!!
Do you find you spend more money in your grocery budget in November and December?
If you missed a couple of great posts that I put on Facebook yesterday about saving money on groceries, check them out below. My friends Kim from Eyes on the Dollar who plays the grocery game challenge and Catherine at Plunged in Debt (who doesn’t but I think we should all motivate here so head to her blog and corner her, lol) posted ways to save on groceries and mentioned our Grocery Game Challenge. While you are there enter the $100 Give-away!
OK, down to the nitty-gritty!!!
Total to Spend $84.23 for the entire month, oh my!
Shoppers Drug Mart
- 2x Egg Nog Sale $1.99
- 4x Neilson Cream Sale $1.99
Total Out of Pocket $11.94
- 8x Barilla Pasta Sale $1.00- .50 coupons
- 3x white mushrooms Sale $1.00
- 1x bag of carrots 3lbs Sale $1.50
- 1x 5lb Russet Potatoes Sale $1.50
Total Out of Pocket $10.00
- 2x Christie Crackers (Christmas) Sale $1.67- $2.00 coupon wub2
- 6x White Granulated Sugar Bags Sale $1.76
- 1 bag of Onions- Sale $1.47
- 5 limes $1.66 or $0.33 each
- Lettuce Sale $1.00
- 2x Dempsters Farmhouse Bread $FREE with coupon
Total Out Of Pocket– $16.42
Weekly Grocery Game Challenge Results for Mr. and Mrs. CBB
- Total Grocery Budget for the
Week:$84.23 (For the month of Dec)
- Total Coupons Used this Week:$8.54
- Total Scanning Code of Practice: $0
- Total Spent This Week:$38.36
- Total Spent So Far for December: $38.36
- Total Over/Under spend this shop: $N/A this month
- Total Over/Under spend for the month of December: $N/A this month
- Total Left to Spend for the Month: $45.87
- Total Coupons Used This Month : $8.54
Overall: I think we may be pushing our limit this month but with all the food in this house there is no reason we can’t do this. The hard part is if a bloody good deal comes up that we have coupons for.
Canadian Coupons we Found while out and about yesterday Dec 3,2012 at Food Basics, Metro and from the Ingredients Magazine that comes in the mail! Click HERE to sign up for your free magazine subscription. It’s an EXCELLENT magazine for recipes and coupons!
Photo Credit: Ingredients Magazine
Our November Grocery Game Challenge Winner is………….. #43 ADELINE!!! Congratulations….
FAQ’s- Grocery Game Challenge RULES…..
- Do I have to be Canadian to post my Grocery Shop?
No, you don’t have to be Canadian to post your shops only to win a monthly prize. We have a few posters from around the world.
- When does the Grocery Game Close each month?
The Grocery Game Challenge Closes at Midnight of the last Sunday of the last post for the month. You can post your shops all month-long.
- Does Your Grocery Budget Include Health and Beauty and Laundry?
Yes our Grocery Budget includes such items as shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap etc. We don’t mind stockpiling items that won’t be effected by expiry dates or have long expiry dates but not so much food any more. It’s just one way to help cut your budget to save money.
There are many places you can find Canadian Coupons whether it be in store or via the mail.
Canadian Coupon Match-Ups- Match your coupons with flyer sales!
Here are your latest Coupon Match-ups of the week from around Canada compliments of Save Big Live Better.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Would You Like To Guest Post for Canadian Budget Binder?
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- How to Shrink Your Budget without (Too Much) Sacrifice (cashnetusa.com)