Feels like December is half way gone and Christmas is sitting in our lap. It must be that the days are getting shorter and it’s dark by 4:30 pm which really doesn’t leave much to a fun-filled day. Moving along…. What’s happened this week.. wow..Kate Middleton and Prince William have announced a baby on the way so that should shake things up for the next little while in the UK and around the world. On the home front the snow we did have on the ground is now gone so we await the big blast of Winter that we know we WILL get. Now that I’m gearing up for the holidays I’m apparently in charge of making Christmas Day Breakfast. So far I know I’ll be making an egg bake which is loaded and layered with ham, veg and Saputo Mozzarella (at least it has flavour unlike many others I’ve tried here). I’m also on the hunt for the best pancake recipes out there so I can surprise the family with my Canadian flare in the kitchen. Who knows maybe I’ll try and wing it like all my other recipes as it doesn’t seem like a hard task.
This week has been busy but I did manage to squeeze in oh, about 100 or so blog posts that I read. I’m actually finding that reaching out to new Bloggers has aided me in seeing the value in assisting others like some have helped me. I hope you enjoy the new personal finance blogs I bring to you each week as that will be a goal of mine for next year. It’s important for me to spread my wings and see what the world of personal finance has to offer around the web. Don’t worry I’m not ditching all my personal finance mates I’m just looking to add to my friends list because I’m that type of guy, a friendly guy who loves to mingle.
If you haven’t heard, which I hope you have from reading my blog posts.. Canadian Budget Binder is undergoing a face lift for the New Year…. it’s going to be amazing, I can’t wait! I’ll keep you all in the loop!
On that note.. time to get me a $7.00 Starbucks Coffee…. no, simply crazy but not surprising! Cuppa Coffee at home… pennies.
Mr.CBB’s Top Blog Post Picks of the Week
In no particular order, sit back, go ahead grab a cuppa tea and one of those delicious looking Holiday Snowballs. This is a list of some of the posts that I read this week and hope you enjoy. Thanks to all of you for sharing my page with your fans and taking the time out to drop in and comment on my posts.
- Grown Up And Stuff- Get A Head Start On Your New Years Resolution
- One Smart Dollar- Living Off Income From Dividends
- Modest Money- Optimizing Images For Your Blog
- Club Thrifty- How Much Money Is Enough? and Extreme Couponing To The Brink of Insanity and Back
- Frugal Rules- Why Rebalancing Your Portfolio Is Like Buying A Carton Of Eggs
- Average Joe- Is This Starbucks Gift Card Over The Top. How Much Is Too Much For A Gift?
- So Over This- Giving Up On Your Dreams Because Of Debt
- Vix Money- November Spending Plan Results… Keep at it Vicky!
- IHeartBudgets- 5 Simple Ways To Save Money On Christmas Decorations
- Lil Suburban Homestead- Make A DIY Pine Cone Wreath
- Fix Em Up and Rent Em Out- Strategic Use of Memos To Manage Tenants
- Plunged In Debt- Money That Would Have Changed My Life
- Eyes On The Dollar- Do Your Purchases Reflect Your Values?
- Canadian Dream Free at 45- Is Dental Insurance Worth It?
- Money Master Mom- The Value Of Perspective
- Single Moms Income- Seven Ways To Entertain Your Kids on A Budget
- Debt and The Girl-Is Suze Orman Full of Sh**TE!?
- The Family Finances- Monthly Blog Update
- Work Save Live- What To Get Your Husbnad For Christmas Ideas For Every Budget
- Master The Art of Saving- How Living In A Small Town Affects Our Finances
- Debt Round Up- Students- How To Finish College With No Debt
- The Brighter Life- How To Make The Most Of Your Year End Bonus
- Ellen Roseman- How To Use Social Media To Get Better Service
- Yes I am Cheap- The First To Go When Money Gets Tight
- Money Bulldog- How Moral Can You Afford To Be?
- Living Debt Free Rocks- Why Do You Blog?
- Young Adult Money- Resale Value and Other Considerations When Buying A Home
- Broke Ass Mommy- Plumping Our Family Coffers With an Ity Bity Gold Unicorn
- Financial Uproar- Would You Buy A House Someone Died In?
- The Savvy Scot- Change Your Life Step 8- Become Better With Money
Recipes of the Week:
- Aunt B on A Budget- Walnut and White Cheddar Biscuits and I can’t help myself… White Christmas Oatmeal Bars -You’re awesome Aunt B!
Twitter Personal Finance #PF and Other Peeps to Check Out!
This is a list of the Tweeps That I Follow that Tweeted 2 times or more from Friday to Friday Canadian Budget Binder Blog Posts. Thanks for all your support.
- Modest Money– Twitter
- Work Save Live – Twitter
- The Outlier Model – Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Vix Money – Twitter
- Frugal Rules – Twitter
- Eyes On The Dollar – Twitter
- Money Bulldog – Twitter
- Tight Fisted Miser – Twitter
- Debt Round Up– Twitter
- The Frugal Path- Twitter
- Reach Final Independence– Twitter
- David Smith PBC – Twitter
Here are a few awesome Facebook Fan Pages to Check out! These page owners came around, chatted and shared my posts with their Facebook Fans! If I miss you..tell me as I can’t always see the posts you share on Facebook so just PM me to let me know.
- Frugal Rules
- Frugal Sally
- Coupon Christine
- Modest Money
- The Frugal Path
- Monster Piggy Bank
- Eyes On The Dollar
- Stewart Blair and Jeremy Odland
- Everyday Life Of A Military Family
- Aunt B’s Kitchen
- Grown Up And Stuff
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!