Mr.CBB’s Saturday Weekend Review
It’s Saturday and that means working late and sleeping in for me. The best part of waking up this morning was that last night I made Walnut and White Cheddar Biscuits a recipe from my mate Aunt B and they turned out amazing. The goal was to use them with my homemade Pulled Pork that I put in the crockpot this morning. Yep, the house smells.. well. porky! I couldn’t take it any longer so I had to test a biscuit when I woke up this afternoon so I fried a couple eggs with a huge slice of ham and this is what it looked like…..
So keep an eye out in the upcoming weeks for my homemade pulled pork recipe on the blog tucked in between the cushions of this lovely biscuit! Ok now that we have the food out-of-the-way this week I did alot of Christmas baking as you know….
I also went down to the Ministry of Transportation to pick up a $15 temporary sticker for our winter vehicle. On the way there some donut decides to run a red light and do a right hand turn as I’m going 80 up a highway (brilliant) hand on horn and Mrs. CBB could practically touch the car if she opened her window. Didn’t have a minute to live I guess. No accident thank goodness but if there was someone in my left lane things would not have had a happy ending I can assure you. (Anyhow…. while at the Ministry) Upon asking if there was a cheaper way to do this to eliminate the cost of the temp sticker as we had to get an E-test first then come back and get the actual sticker. She tells us, of course. Did you know that your E-test lasts for one year? Nope, I had no idea. We didn’t have all of this in the UK so it’s all new to me. Now I know that I can get the E-test done before I park my vehicles that way I won’t have to waste $15 on a Temporary sticker (money grab ) just to drive the bloody thing to the garage to get an E-test (money grab) and back to the Ministry to get a sticker. Everyone wants money…. and it’s only bound to get worse.
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
I’ve noticed a nice little spike in traffic for CBB so I’m hoping it’s only up from here. It’s great to have so many fans and Personal Finance and Foodie Bloggers that support CBB because you are all the reason CBB is gaining support amongst the fans and our peers. If you’re not a fan of Canadian Budget Binder on Facebook please head over and give us a LIKE. My goal is 3000 by the end of 2012 so I could use all the support to get me there!! *WINK* Don’t be afraid to come chat on my wall like John at Frugal Rules, Glenn at Monster Piggy Bank and others. My fans like to mingle with other Bloggers and that my friends is how we network!
Did I tell you how excited I am about……..
I know I’ve mentioned it before but I thought I should mention it again to keep everyone in the loop. Canadian Budget Binder will be going through a facelift… Botox and all.. plump this site up, get it ready for some action. I’m just as excited as the fans are so keep an eye out in the upcoming weeks for this! It will also be our 1 year anniversary at the end of January so I’m looking to gather some neat prizes for the fans. Nothing big as I’m just starting out but just something to say thanks! If you want to add your name to the give-away list, contact me today!!!
I’ve also been collaborating with one of the top sites that I like to check out for finance news and more…. but that’s all I’m going to say. I’m happy to be teaming up with such a friendly bunch of people.
That’s all for now folks… carry on down this post .. you haven’t even gotten to the good stuff…. those search terms!
Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- Mr.CBB’s Blog Post Picks December 7, 2012 -Almost Christmas
- Bank Sales In Canada Not The Same As Bank Foreclosures In the USA
- Canadian Budget Binder Networth Update November 2012
- The Grocery Game Challenge Dec 3-9,2012 Festive Preparation
- November 2012 Canadian Budget Binder Budget Update
- Mr.CBB’s Family Holiday Snowballs Recipe
Guest Posts I Wrote:
- 6 Ways To Cut Down on Everyday Expenses- Coupon Christine
This is where I will share the top website that sent me the most traffic for the week! The Top Blog To Drive Traffic To Canadian Budget Binder for this week goes to… Modest Money who is coincidentally holding an amazing contest you might want to check out!! It’s a Cash Giveaway! Good Luck and thanks Jeremy for sharing CBB with your fans!
Weekly Top 2 Honourable Mentions
Top 5 Blog Commenter’s- Imagine that the same as last week!! Gotta love it when the fans take a minute to comment on your hard work. I sure know it makes me feel good when others read my work and have something to say about that is meaningful!
- Jen P- Cheers Jen!
- John at Frugal Rules- Cheers John!
- Christine Weadick- Cheers Christine!
- Money Master Mom- Cheers Mandy!
- Eyes on the Dollar- Cheers Kim!
Blogs That Shared Us With Their Fans This Week!
I know many of my fans read this post as they tell me they wait for it each week. To all of my fans please check out these personal finance Bloggers below and follow them. I read their Blogs everyday and I know that you will benefit from them as well. Come back each week as I will name other Blogs that I think you should follow!
Thanks to all the Bloggers that link up and share my posts and this is why I do my best to share your posts with my Fans via social media, so thanks! -Mr.CBB
(If I miss You..please let me know as I didn’t get the Ping and I will include your post next week as this runs Sat to Sat so if you linked me on Sat it will show up next week)
- Eyes On The Dollar Thanks for sharing more than once Kim!
- The Outlier Model
- Vix Money
- Modest Money
- Work Save Live
- Frugal Rules
- Debt Round Up
- Club Thrifty
- Grown Up and Stuff
- Plunged In Debt
- Living Debt Free Rocks
- Financial Eyes and Ears
- Bites with Brandy
- The Family Finances
- Money Bulldog UK
- Blog Carnival December 5, 2012 Edition- Personal Bankruptcy Canada
- Love To Bake Global Carnival Edition #10- The Family Feed
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Search terms of the week are really a hoot! Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure. What are you saying about them? Any typos below are simply the person who searched who made the error or me
Top Pick- Can you pee on a dollar store pregnancy test?- Well I’m sure spitting on it won’t work. Read the instructions that always helps.
- Babies room with five senses- Better than having six I’d imagine…
- Mrs. Fresh Twinki- As opposed to Mrs. Day-old Twinki haha always like my Mrs. to be fresh..
- Costco Welfare Diet- I did say buying in bulk would save money for those on welfare as they build their pantry.
- Sexy and Intelligent Guy- Well you’ve come to the right place… ok, tootin my own horn, hey nothing wrong with a bit of confidence!
- Mess with My Family Quote- oh oh lol.. someone’s up the crapper
- I need my ex back- I need a lot of things to but my ex ain’t one of them.
- Lawn Darts For Babies- Now there’s a genius idea.
- Bathtub of hummus- Ya that’s where I want to dip my nachos..
- Looking for Mr.Santa- Well mate, hate to break it to you, you’ll be waiting a long time, how about you go grab a $7 Starbucks coffee…
- Ideas to Decorate Pasta Salad- What, like with a bow? lol…
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new to Canadian Budget Binder >>>Start here!
- Canadian Budget Binder-The Saturday Weekend Review #3 November 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Saturday Weekend Review #7 December (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Canadian Budget Binder-The Saturday Weekend Review #5 November (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Canadian Budget Binder-The Saturday Weekend Review #2 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Canadian Budget Binder- The Saturday Weekend Review #1 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)