The Grocery Game Challenge is drawing to a close for 2012 and Christmas festivities are about to begin in 2 weeks time. What a year it has been for all who have joined in to post their grocery shops with us. I’ve heard so many great stories from all of you about how some of you have lowered your grocery budget and have made better choices when grocery shopping. Others were able to stick to their budget and continue to strive and set goals for 2013. As the next couple weeks roll in and the festivities start to come to a high this challenge will still be posted so please check in or subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss posting your shop.
If you haven’t had a chance please read a guest post I wrote for my mate John at Frugal Rules titled 10 Ways to Stretch Your Grocery Budget. It really does showcase all the tips we’ve learned this year from all of you and from understanding our shopping habits. When the New Year comes in I will be posting a brand new year of The Grocery Game Challenge and this is the perfect time to join because you can track a full year of shopping with us. I’m excited to have everyone on board and ready to save money so they can put those savings towards other debts, help fund their retirement or other goals.
If you are like us and use coupons you might have alot of Free Product Coupons due to expire the end of December. We have about 10 or more so we are trying to use them up this week and next. Since we went way over budget in November I said in December we would try to make up for it leaving us a budget for 2 of $84.23 . Last week our Grocery Game Challenge shop totalled $38.36 leaving us $45.87 to spend.
What are your goals for your grocery budget for 2013? Will you post your grocery shop in the Grocery Game Challenge all year-long with me?
So without any more chatter here is what we spent yesterday!
Shoppers Drug Mart
- 1x Milk $4.19
Total Out of Pocket $4.19
- Oranges $2.00
- Case of Water Sale $2.44
- 3x Lactancia Cream Sale $1.99-$0.75
Total Out of Pocket $8.16
- 2x EggNog Sale $1.24
Total Out of Pocket- $2.48
Metro- received 2 Air Miles YA!
- 3x Meat Tortellini 1KG reg $5.49 Sale $1.99
- 1x Meat Ravioli 1KG Reg $5.49 Sale $1.99
- 1x 500g Gay Lea Cottage Cheese $3.59- FPC=FREE
- 1x Barilla Pasta Sale $0.97- $0.75 Coupon from insert =$0.24
- 2x Timothy Coffee- $7.99-FPC’s= FREE
- 1x Colgate Toothpaste Opti-White Sale $1.99-$1.00=$0.99
Total Out of Pocket- $9.45
Weekly Grocery Game Challenge Results for Mr. and Mrs. CBB
- Total Grocery Budget for the
Week:$84.23 (For the month of Dec)
- Total Coupons Used this Week:$23.57
- Total Scanning Code of Practice: $0
- Total Spent This Week:$24.28
- Total Spent So Far for December: $24.28+38.36=$62.64
- Total Over/Under spend this shop: $N/A this month
- Total Left to Spend for the Month: $21.59
- Total Coupons Used This Month : $8.54+23.57=$32.11
Overall: Not too bad this week as we really don’t need too much but need to use up some FPC’s. We had a binder clean out and found so many great coupons that we hope we can use mainly for health and beauty and laundry but only if we find some great sales. I’m optimistic we will make it to the end of the month on this small budget.
Some Coupons we found this week!
FAQ’s- Grocery Game Challenge RULES…..
- Do I have to be Canadian to post my Grocery Shop?
No, you don’t have to be Canadian to post your shops only to win a monthly prize. We have a few posters from around the world.
- When does the Grocery Game Close each month?
The Grocery Game Challenge Closes at Midnight of the last Sunday of the last post for the month. You can post your shops all month-long.
- Does Your Grocery Budget Include Health and Beauty and Laundry?
Yes our Grocery Budget includes such items as shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap etc. We don’t mind stockpiling items that won’t be effected by expiry dates or have long expiry dates but not so much food any more. It’s just one way to help cut your budget to save money.
There are many places you can find Canadian Coupons whether it be in store or via the mail.
Canadian Coupon Match-Ups- Match your coupons with flyer sales!
Here are your latest Coupon Match-ups of the week from around Canada compliments of Save Big Live Better.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Would You Like To Guest Post for Canadian Budget Binder?
- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Welfare Food Challenge- $26 A Week for 1 In The Grocery Budget (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- How to Earn Optimum Points Fast at Shoppers Drug Mart (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)