I’m adding a little spice to the Grocery Game Challenge! Tabasco has been so nice to send me this nifty Christmas gift set that I won from Facebook. It came with around 10 coupons for $1.00 off any Tabasco and 10 little bottles of Tabasco in red velvet bags perfect for a stocking stuffer. Thanks Tabasco Canada! I’ll be sure to pass these along to any Winners in the Grocery Game Challenge.
- ENTER to WIN HERE>$100 CASH through PayPal or an AMAZON Gift Card! Contest Ends Dec 28,2012. Good Luck
It seems many grocery game challenge fans believe their grocery budget has been shot to the moon and back this month and you know what, it has for many. The lesson we learned this year was that we need to make some changes to our grocery budget including Christmas and stockpiling using coupons or simply great deals we find. Having posted our shops all year we will have a better idea for 2013 how much money we spent in 2012 and what we should set our budget at. We do know for certain that if we spend more one month that we WILL carry that overage to the next month to make up for it. There’s no point going over some months and pretending that the end of year figure will still be what we originally budgeted because that will not be the case. In 2013 there will be no room for excuses as we are getting down and dirty with our budget. The grocery game players who have been with me all year-long know where they need to improve and what they need to do to get a better handle on the next biggest expense aside from the rent or mortgage.
- What are your 2013 Grocery Game Goals? ie: No shop week, stay out of stores, PM more, use coupons etc~
- How will you motivate family members to get on board with your budget?
- Will you lower your budget or add more to your budget?
Also: What suggestions/improvements do you have for The Grocery Game Challenge? Please email me with your thoughts so we can make this challenge even better!! I really want to gain more attention with this so we can bring in more fans to help with the grocery budget and gain back control!!
Share them with all of us so we can help you stick to them!!! I’ll be posting our goals in the first post of Jan 2013 Grocery Game Challenge!!
Down to the Nitty Gritty for this week! It was basically a no-shop week for us but we needed some milk.
What Did We Buy?
Shoppers Drug Mart
- Milk $4.19
- Total Out of Pocket $4.19
That’s it folks…. we only need milk this week and we are on a roll!!! If you missed posting any shops this month at the bottom of this post is the previous weeks Grocery Game Challenges. Just click and post your shop so you get an entry in the monthly contest!
The Numbers Tell All
Weekly Grocery Game Challenge Results for Mr. and Mrs. CBB
- Total Grocery Budget for the
Week:$84.23 (For the month of Dec)
- Total Coupons Used this Week:$0
- Total Scanning Code of Practice: $0
- Total Spent This Week:$4.19
- Total Spent So Far for December: $24.28+38.36+$4.19=$66.83
- Total Over/Under spend this shop: $N/A this month
- Total Left to Spend for the Month: $17.40
- Total Coupons Used This Month : $8.54+23.57=$32.11
Overall: We did awesome this week but still have a few FPC’s to use up. We are struggling to use our Cheecha Puffs coupons as we can’t find the product. It felt great to stay out of the shops though this week. The hard part will be after boxing day when all the good deals are on!
Coupons We Found
This Dempsters Coupon was found at Food Basics.
What coupons have you found lately?
FAQ’s- Grocery Game Challenge RULES…..
- Do I have to be Canadian to post my Grocery Shop?
No, you don’t have to be Canadian to post your shops only to win a monthly prize. We have a few posters from around the world.
- When does the Grocery Game Close each month?
The Grocery Game Challenge Closes at Midnight of the last Sunday of the last post for the month. You can post your shops all month-long.
- Does Your Grocery Budget Include Health and Beauty and Laundry?
Yes our Grocery Budget includes such items as shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap etc. We don’t mind stockpiling items that won’t be effected by expiry dates or have long expiry dates but not so much food any more. It’s just one way to help cut your budget to save money.
There are many places you can find Canadian Coupons whether it be in store or via the mail.
Canadian Coupon Match-Ups- Match your coupons with flyer sales!
Here are your latest Coupon Match-ups of the week from around Canada compliments of Save Big Live Better.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you need to get in touch with me the best way is on Facebook!
- The Grocery Game Challenge Dec 10-16, 2012 -2 Weeks Until Christmas! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Dec 3- Dec 9, 2012 Festive Preparation (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- How to Earn Optimum Points Fast at Shoppers Drug Mart (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave (canadianbudgetbinder.com)