Mr.CBB’s Top Blog Post Picks of the Week
Well the countdown to Christmas is on and we are ready to drink up and eat until we no longer can look at food. No, we really don’t eat that much but we sure do indulge as it’s the one time of year we can eat foods that we don’t normally have in the house. Don’t worry I won’t bore you with all that end of the world crap you are reading today. Rather let’s focus on the what we DO know. As we move forward towards the end of 2012 we remember all the losses and all the victories we have had in this world. Keep them close to your heart and always remember them.
Miss.Universe Crown comes home to the USA yesterday to American Olivia Culpo. I’m not sure how I feel about these pageants as I clearly don’t watch them nor do any other men I know. I sometimes wonder if it truly is to motivate women to be the best they can be and never give up. What are your feelings about these pageants and are they a good idea? I don’t know if there’s a men’s pageant but if there is I likely wouldn’t watch that either.
There also may be hope for new younger immigrants to Canada with a new point system. This means that we may see immigrants actually using their skills in a job other than taxi driver as part of Canada’s Immigration System revamp. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says they want to be able to bring the engineers and doctors that they select to actually work in their skilled field.
“Kenney outlined the new point system which would favour younger immigrants and those who have English or French language proficiency. There will also be a more rigorous review of an applicant’s credentials to ensure they transfer to Canada”
When I moved to Canada from the UK with my University Degree it pretty much meant nothing unless I went back to get certifications and upgrades hence my return to school but in a different field. I hope for those that do make it here with these skills are able to use them to their full capacity.
Blog Post Picks Of The Week
In no particular order enjoy my blog post picks of the week. Thanks to all of you for sharing my page with your fans and taking the time out to drop in and comment on my post.
- Shopping for Friends and Family Abroad-Grown Up and Stuff
- Is It Time To Retire The Concept Of Retirement– Edward Antrobus
- Taking The Plunge is Not Just For Polar Bears – Part 1 & The Risks and Rewards of Taking The Plunge – Part 2– Frugal Rules
- Growing Sizes are A Growing Concern– Mr. Everyday Dollar
- Budget Friday Submission 6-Weed Edition– IHeartBudgets
- 5 Sensible Reasons To Take Out A Loan & 5 Ridiculous Ones– The Savvy Scot
- Beef With My Alma Mater -Plunged In Debt
- How to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck + $100 Giveaway– One Smart Dollar
- I’m Debt Free. Now What?– Living Debt Free Rocks
- He Says/She Says: Saving Receipts– Our Freaking Budget
- Confessions of a Cheap-Ass Santa– Club Thrifty
- Using Banks to Help Finance Your Business -Modest Money
- Sometimes It’s Better to Pay Up – Pelican on Money
- Little House in Guatemala, Week 7 – Reach Financial Independence
- The Twelve Costs of Christmas -Debt Round-Up
- My Overview for 2012– Free In Ten Years
- How To Survive Until Your Next Pay Day $100 Giveaway-Money Bulldog UK
- Analyzing “What Keywords Do I Rank For?” With Long-Tail Pro Platinum– Dumb Passive Income
- 30 Tips How To Stay Safe On The Internet-Monster Piggy Bank
- Where Does The Money Go When Raising a Child?-Debt Round-up
- My Frugal Haircut-The Family Finances
- Employers are Failing to Train Newly Hired Employees-Finance Fox
- Case Study #2 December Update-Vix Money
- Not Enough Money At The End Of The Month $100 Giveaway -Broke Ass Mommy
- How a Financial Review Can Help You Come Up With A To-Do List-My Canuck Buck
Recipes of the Week:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos Recipe– Work Save Live
- The Most Egg’citing Time of Year– Lil Suburban Homestead
- Mulled Apple Cider– The Outlier Model
- Red Velvet Strawberry Shortcake– Nurse Frugal
- Savoury Croissant Bread Pudding With Andouille Sausage– Aunt B on A Budget
Twitter Personal Finance and Other Peeps to Check Out!
This is a list of the Twitter Tweeps That I Follow that Tweeted 2 times or more from Friday to Friday my own Canadian Budget Binder Blog Posts.
- Modest Money– Twitter
- Work Save Live – Twitter
- One Smart Dollar – Twitter
- The Savvy Scot– Twitter
- Financial Highway– Twitter
- Money Bulldog – Twitter
- Pelican On Money- Twitter
- The Outlier Model – Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Vix Money – Twitter
- Frugal Rules – Twitter
- Eyes On The Dollar – Twitter
- Tight Fisted Miser– Twitter
- The Family Finances – Twitter
- Debt Round Up– Twitter
- The Frugal Path- Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Reach Final Independence– Twitter
- Finance Fox– Twitter
- Thrifty Dad– Twitter
Happy Holidays To Everyone! I hope you have been enjoying Mr.CBB’s blog post picks this year. As we countdown to Christmas and there after we have one week left of this post to go for 2012. I hope to continue bringing you the best of personal finance and food in 2013! -Mr.CBB
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new Start here!
If you have a QUESTION for Me.. Mr.CBB the quickest way to get in touch with me is through Facebook as I am very active on my page… PM me!