You should Join in the Grocery Game Challenge If you’ve thought about cutting back or even getting your grocery budget under control. Whether you have a grocery budget for 1 or a grocery budget for 7 sticking to the budget is made easier when you post your shop. I’ve already seen an increase in new grocery game challenge posters and I am excited to track their success in 2013. In 2012 we set a grocery budget for 2 of $190 a month with one no-shop week per month. When we reviewed our 2012 Yearly grocery budget figures in last weeks post you can see our grocery expenses were a bit more than the $190 a month we anticipated. Why? For 2 reasons
- We didn’t start the Grocery Game Challenge at the start of 2012
- We didn’t carry over any overspend to the next month so we could get back on track.
This year will be different for us as we have a bit of a bigger budget as well as a stockpile budget that we will use for great deals so we don’t use our entire grocery budget for the week. Our 2013 grocery budget is now $2819.38. It makes sense to us especially if we have a coupon to match with a flyer sale and we know over the long-term it will save us money. An example would be in last weeks grocery game challenge we missed a great deal in the flyers which we took advantage of after we posted our shop. This week I will add the 10 buckets of Folgers coffee we picked up on sale at Metro $6.99-$1.00 coupons+$5.99 which an excellent deal for coffee. We also managed to hit the stores again that week which will have to go on this shop.
- 10 x Folgers Coffee Sale $6.99- $1.00 coupons
Total Out of Pocket: $57.90
Stockpile Budget: $57.90- $20.00 for the month= $37.90 to carry over to our reg budget for the month
Shoppers Drug Mart
- 2 x Neilson Milk $Sale $4.13 and $4.29
- 3 x Royale Bathroom Tissue Sale $4.99-$2.00 coupons
Total Out of Pocket: $19.33
- 4 x Lactancia Cream Sale $1.99-$0.75
- 2 x Tortellini $1.97 ea
- 5 x Limes $2.00
- 1 x Pineapple Fresh Sale $1.00
- Yellow Onions Sale $1.95
- Iceberg lettuce Sale $0.77
- Fresh Ginger $0.88
- Carrots $1.95
- Red Onions $1.96
- 5 lb Oranges Sale $2.88
- 5 lb Red Delicious Apples Sale $2.88
- 1 x Pita $0.99
- 2 x broccoli Sale $0.77 ea
- 1 x Pommegrant Sale $0.88-$0.50 coupon$0.38
- 1 x Celery $1.47
Total Out of Pocket: $30.06
- 2 x 5 lb potatoes Sale $1.00 each
Total Out of Pocket: $2.00
Our Grocery Game Challenge Results
Total Grocery Amount Budgeted For the Year : $2819.38
Coupons Found for 2013
FAQ’s- Grocery Game Challenge RULES…..
- Do I have to be Canadian to post my Grocery Shop?
No, you don’t have to be Canadian to post your shops only to win a monthly prize. We have a few posters from around the world.
- When does the Grocery Game Close each month?
The Grocery Game Challenge Closes at Midnight of the last Sunday of the last post for the month. You can post your shops all month-long.
- Does Your Grocery Budget Include Health and Beauty and Laundry?
Yes our Grocery Budget includes such items as shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap etc. We don’t mind stockpiling items that won’t be effected by expiry dates or have long expiry dates but not so much food any more. It’s just one way to help cut your budget to save money.
There are many places you can find Canadian Coupons whether it be in store or via the mail.
Canadian Coupon Match-Ups- Match your coupons with flyer sales!
Here are your latest Coupon Match-ups of the week from around Canada compliments of Save Big Live Better.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Plus! Don’t forget to Subscribe to the blog so you get my daily email!!
If you need to get in touch with me the best way is on Facebook!
- Finances In The New Year + New Budget = Success Formula (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- How to Earn Optimum Points Fast at Shoppers Drug Mart (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Too Many Bills Not Enough Money Each Month-$100 CASH GIVEAWAY (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credit: Grocery Bag 123RF.com