The Grocery Game Challenge is one post each week where you get to peek inside my grocery cart to see what deals of the week were found and whether sticking to the grocery budget was achieved. I truly am motivated by this challenge not only to control our grocery budget but also to continue to create new, homemade frugal recipes in the kitchen. I want to thank the fans who continue to post their grocery shops each week with me. Canadian Budget Binder is one year old today Jan, 22, 2013 so please help me spread the word about our little group of savers and strive for another successful year of saving money in our budgets. A big welcome to all the new 2013 fans, this is a very welcoming place to start your journey.
When I was visiting my friend Annetta Powell’s Facebook page I read an inspiring quote on her wall that had me thinking.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Harold R. McAlindon
It made me realize that we can’t always see far down the road nor can we just keep walking the same path. So, from today we will continue to make our own path and strive for continuous improvement in our lives and I encourage you to do the same, unleash the unfamiliar. If there is something that you want to happen or you want to learn, break free and do it. Don’t wait until the path is clear, make your own path because the time is right now. When others find your path they too may want to walk it but teach and encourage them to follow their own route and leave a trail. A wise person may share their path but won’t always hold your hand.
What are you doing to create your own path?
- 5 x cheese 500g Sale $3.99
- 1 x Cheese 500 g Sale $4.49
- 1 x 5 corn reduced $0.99
- Turkey Backs $0.74
- Pork Riblets $1.99-$0.50
Total Out of Pocket: $23.67
Shoppers Drug Mart
- 2 x Neilson Cream Sale $2.29
- 1 x Neilson 4 L Milk $4.29 (ouch)
Total Out of Pocket: $8.87
- 2 x 10 lbs Potatoes Sale $0.95 (awesome deal)
- 2 x Sponge Towels 6 Ultra Sale $4.44-$1.00
- 3 x Yoptimal Yogurt -50% pink sticker -$1.00 coupons = $1.00
- 4 x Jakes Bake Bread Sale $1.44 each
- 1 x Fennel Sale $1.47 ea
- 3 x Lemons $1.00
- 4 x Limes $1.00
- 2 x mushrooms whole PM Wal-Mart Sale $1.00
- 1 x Iceberg Lettuce PM Wal-Mart Sale $1.00
- 8 lb Navel Oranges Sale $.388
- 1 bag of washed spinach PM Wal-Mart Sale $1.00
Total Out Of Pocket: $29.56- $20.00 in PC Points =$9.56
Our Grocery Game Challenge Results
Total Grocery Amount Budgeted For the Year : $2819.38
•Total Grocery Budget for the Month: $235.00 or $78.33 week with one no shop week per month or $58.75 for 4 weeks per month. (During the months with 5 weeks we just make it work)
FAQ’s- Grocery Game Challenge RULES…..
- Do I have to be Canadian to post my Grocery Shop?
No, you don’t have to be Canadian to post your shops only to win a monthly prize. We have a few players from around the world.
- When does the Grocery Game Close each month?
The Grocery Game Challenge Closes at Midnight of the last Sunday of the last post for the month. You can post your shops all month-long.
- Does Your Grocery Budget Include Health and Beauty and Laundry?
Yes our Grocery Budget includes such items as shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap etc. We don’t mind stockpiling items that won’t be effected by expiry dates or have long expiry dates but not so much food any more. It’s just one way to help cut your budget to save money.
Here are your latest Coupon Match-ups of the week including Checkout 51 from 25 Newspaper Inserts around Canada compliments of Save Big Live Better.
PLUS!! Check out where to find the Cheapest Deals on Produce, Meat, Diapers, Toilet Paper and Pop are this week from Coupon Christine Jan 17, 25, 2013
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Don’t forget to Subscribe to the blog so you get my daily email!
If you need to get in touch with me the best way is on Facebook!
Photo Copyright: Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>
- The Grocery Game Challenge #3 January 14-20, 2013 Saving Starts Here! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge #2 January 7-January 13,2013 Join In!! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Dec 31-Jan 6 #1~Happy New Year 2013 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)