Checkout 51 mobile app, have you heard you can get Cash Back on every day items you buy at local retailers in your area?
Get in on the action and start saving money in your grocery budget with Checkout 51, the hottest cash back money-saving app around!
What is Checkout 51?
Based out of Toronto, Checkout 51 is a Canadian cash back program that allows shoppers the opportunity to save money on products they love.
It is FREE Apple IOS app that you download, then shop using the weekly Checkout 51 offer list, and finally upload a picture of your receipt to the app to earn cash back in your Checkout 51 account. EASY!
Android For Checkout 51 Is Finally Here!
NEW Update: April 18, 2013 –Download Checkout 51 Android App HERE or -Or search “Checkout 51″ in the Play Store
Yes, it is 2013! Technology for couponing and saving money in Canada just got exciting!
How to use Checkout 51 with coupons?
The BEST part about Checkout 51 is that you can use coupons to save even more on the offered products each week (offers run Thursday – Wednesday).
Checkout 51 lists approximately 10 – 15 offers a week (products and discount vary) that when combined with sales AND coupons at your favourite stores can save you tons of money each week.
Coupon Christine does weekly Checkout 51 ad match-ups for Ontario to get the biggest bang for your Checkout 51-buck! I love this program and have already received two cheques from Checkout 51 valued at over $50 total!
Who can use Checkout 51?
If you are a Canadian resident (excluding the province of Quebec) and you have an Iphone, Ipad or Ipod and are able to take clear photos of your receipts you can easily become a member of Checkout 51.
If you are an Android or other smartphone user, they are working hard to get you in on the action so hang tight!
Another great feature of Checkout 51 is it is set up to allow all members an equal sharing of the offers. You can choose to purchase all offers on the list, but you are limited to cash back on 1 product per Checkout 51 account.
How does Checkout 51 get paid?
Checkout 51 has made some amazing contacts that have agreed to release a limited amount of offers each week to its members. Once they reach the limit set out from the companies, they do not give any more refunds.
Great offers go fast like Heinz Ketchup, Huggies wipes and Coca-Cola offers, so shop early and submit your receipt to not be disappointed
Will we start to see Checkout 51 permit its members to buy more than 1 product? Time will tell: The team at Checkout 51 have a very close relationship to Coupon Christine and they tell her that “the more Checkout 51 is used, the more exciting the offers will be”.
Coupons and technology, are we excited? Heck yes! If you are a Canadian couponer, you can relate to the ‘pain’ of non-scannable coupons, cashiers that read coupons over three times before accepting, and long line ups behind us at the checkout.
Couponing and Checkout 51
Is Checkout 51 paving the road for Canadian couponers?
Will other online coupon distributors (Websaver.ca; Save.ca; Brandsaver.ca, GoCoupons.ca) see the benefits of moving away from the cost and time it takes to distribute; mail; and process returned coupons?
In an ideal “coupon world”, downloadable coupon app software would allow us to download the coupons we want, submit our receipts, and earn cash back in online accounts. No more clipping coupons and carrying around those heavy coupon binders.
It is definitely a win for the couponers, but also a huge score for companies looking to find out details on shopping habits. Who is shopping at which store, what time of day and what else they are buying.
Not to promote a “big brother world” for us to be leery of, but let us envision the personal gain from a couponers stand-point on saving time and money with ease of online applications.
Will companies lose those who are not technologically savvy? Will companies gain a new younger generation of money-savers?
Time will tell. Checkout 51 is the first of its kind in Canada to allow companies direct access to its customers via an app. Simply providing offers, companies and Checkout 51 can get instant access on how much of their product is being purchased across Canada. Pretty cool if you ask me!
How do I use Checkout 51?- The basics
- Download the Checkout 51 app to your Apple IOS device (find Checkout 51 in the app store) NEW! Download to your Android!!
- Checkout 51 has a list of offers issued every week (offers are live Thursday – Wednesday).
- You go to any retailer in Canada (excluding Quebec) and buy the offers on the list (you do not need to buy all of them, but you are limited to 1 product per Checkout 51 account). You must get the exact product listed.
- Upload a CLEAR and readable picture of the ENTIRE receipt in English and upload it to the iPhone app Checkout 51
- You get an email confirmation from Checkout 51 if the picture was clear and processed
- You check your account to make sure the $$ has been placed into your account
- Once you reach $20 you can request a cheque to get cash back (using your online account).
What do you think of this innovation in couponing and money-saving?
I personally think I am going to sit back, put my feet up and enjoy the Checkout 51 ride with a bowl full of Orville Redenbachers popcorn that I earned $2 cash back on!
If you haven’t signed up to Checkout 51 take a moment and set yourself up, become a member today. Download Checkout 51 from the app Store. Start saving your hard-earned money the easy way!
Contribution Post By:
Christine (aka Coupon Christine) is passionate about couponing and saving money. Coupon Christine started with just a few hundred fans in the spring of 2012 and she now has over 7500 fans on her Facebook page.
She is also the brains behind Coupon Allstars Canada. Coupon Christine has Bloggers that feature deals and coupon match-ups to their provinces like she does for her Ontario Fans.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social Media: Twitter, Facebook , Pinterest , Stumble Upon, Reddit and Google+
- Don’t forget to Subscribe to Canadian Budget Binder by Email to get my daily email. Once you subscribe you MUST VERIFY your email account so check your spam folder and inbox for that email!
- Check out my new Free Recipe Index and my Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide!
- If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and all my Free Money Saving Lists!
- New Year + New Budget = Success Formula (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge #5 Jan 28-Feb 3~Will You Target Your Budget (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Checkout 51 makes coupon clipping easy (business.financialpost.com)
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Too Many Bills Not Enough Money Each Month- (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credit: Checkout 51