Hot Money Topics Trending Around The Web
You never know where or when you will get a discount, even on your restaurant bill as one family received from Poulsbo, Washington. This has to be one of the most unusual of Yahoo articles I’ve read in a while and I really wanted to share my thoughts on it. Competition for business especially in the restaurant industry is tight-fisted but for this owner the kids struck a chord with him. A family of 5 was eating at a little Italian Restaurant called Sogno Di Vino and because Laura King’s children were so well-behaved during the service they were rewarded with ice-cream, but that’s not all. When Laura received her receipt for the dinner she noticed a $4.00 discount for “Well Behaved Kids”. She posted the photo on her blog and she shared this dining experience with the world. What a lovely gesture on the part of the restaurant owner, Rob Scott to recognize his patrons this way. He went on to say in the article the children were well-mannered saying “please” and “thank-you”. It’s spread like wild fire and was a great PR move on his part if you ask me.
When I hear about business owners taking a vested interest in their customers outside the “plate of food” it makes me happy to know there are establishments that take pride in the overall experience while taking it to different levels. We tend to stay away from establishments with the production line mentality, get em in get em out, there’s a line-up after all. It’s not always just about the money, word of mouth goes a long way just as in this case. The personal touch is always so welcoming when you have staff who genuinely care about your dining experience. It’s not everyday you hear stories like this so kudos to Mr. Scott and to Laura and her husband for teaching their children the importance of good behaviour and manners.
At the end Laura offers some tips for eating out with kids such as making sure your kids are well rested, have had a snack and to make sure you are giving them your full attention while dining out. It’s also important to “notice your surroundings”, she says. Although we don’t have any kids I’ve seen my fair share of kids that misbehave but I’m not one to judge as we never know if there is an underlying problem or concern. I wouldn’t expect something like this if we had kids and went out to eat but once in a while it’s nice to hear of someone doing something special for their patrons. I wonder if he will start a trend now and up the playing field for bigger restaurants to give back to their customers even if it is an ice-cream cone. Maybe a “Well behaved Discount Card” for restaurant and retail shops?
Has anything like this happened to you while dining out or in another situation?
How do you teach your children about their manners?
You can read the story in full here.
Photo Credit: Reddit
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder?
Now that the happy part of this post is done, let’s move on shall we to the part where my water softener decided to crash on us. I’m moaning about it because the bloody things are not cheap but I’m getting a discount (of course). Who pays full-price for anything these days, not this guy. I did a bit of research the past few days and will be sharing this expensive experience with all of you in an upcoming blog post. Other than that I’ve been shovelling for the past few days. All I’m going to say is thank goodness I did winter maintenance on my vehicle as it was some rough driving yesterday morning.
The New Website is almost completed and will be up and running very soon, exciting, you bet. Andrea is just fine tuning it because she’s thorough that way and doesn’t like to put out anything but her best work. That’s when the real magic happens and when all the great people that have surrounded themselves with CBB over the past year will be rewarded. I’ve been branching out and connecting with other Bloggers around the web and it’s been fun getting to know other site owners who share a passion for helping others like I do. It’s amazing just how many personal finance sites there are and I hope to feature some new sites for all of you in the upcoming weeks.
Vote Canadian Budget Binder!
It’s that time of year again where Jeremy at Modest Money has set out to find Canada’s Next Top Personal Finance Blog. If you have a moment and can click this link and Vote Canadian Budget Binder for the 2013 nomination. Thanks for your support.
That’s not all.. oh ya it’s like party time on the web with all these challenges…. Sean at One Smart Dollar has Canadian Budget Binder up for nomination in his challenge for Top Personal Finance Blog… if you have a moment and can click the link here and Vote Canadian Budget Binder I would be appreciative. If we win I get $100 to give to one lucky Fan! If we don’t win, we are still #1 because we have some amazing fans. Every blog on the list is a winner!
There’s no sign up, just click and vote, easy peasy…..
Check Out This Weeks Canadian Budget Binder Blog Posts
- Mr.CBB’s Personal Finance Reading List #6~Worrying And Complaining Does Nothing, Now That’s Snow!
- Shopping Tips We Use To Save Money– Enter to Win $500 CASH!
- January 2013 Canadian Budget Binder Monthly Budget Update
- The Grocery Game Challenge #6 February 4-10, 2013 What Foods Not To Eat, Organic and Gardening
- Frugal Ways To Say I Love You This Valentines Day– ENTER TO WIN $100 CASH!
- Mr.CBB’s Spinach and Ricotta Fettucine
Canadian Budget Binder Mentions Around The Web
Canadian Budget Binder is fun place where people come to not only learn about personal finance but also to share. Thanks to these sites who linked up to Canadian Budget Binder this past week.
Check these awesome pages out!
- Frugal Rules
- Eyes On The Dollar
- Vix Money
- Coupon Christine
- The Give Team
- Fat Boy Recipes
- Reach Financial Independence
- Money Bulldog UK
- Lil Suburban Homestead
- Making Sense of Cents
- Beyond It’s Purpose
- The Frugal Farmer
- Free Fab4Ever
- Expanding Money
- The Family Finances
- Laura Loving Life
- Work Save Live
- Modest Money
- The Outlier Model
- We Only Do This Once
Carnivals: Thanks for including CBB!
- Personal Bankruptcy Canada Carnival Feb 6,2013
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder:
Search terms really help me to understand what people are looking for at Canadian Budget Binder! Any typos below are simply how the person who searched typed it in search, or me There were thousands of searches this week.. but not too many juicy ahahaha ones.. so I picked out some of the best ones for you.
Top Pick: What will housing prices to in the year 2016 in BC?- One sec, let me grab my crystal ball…
- Horrible Credit Want Mortgage– Say that 5 times… although there are such things as Bad Credit Mortgages.
- How can you make a woman from Canada love you– Hmm, buddy I’ve learned you can’t make a woman do nothing! If she doesn’t love you for you why would you even want to try and “make” her.. silly.
- Do I have to say I Love You on Valentine’s Day?– You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. People that date each other buy gifts, go on dates but it doesn’t mean they are “IN LOVE” with the person. Chill out!
- Trick, keep a bottle of Vaseline In your pocket.. that will- That will WHAT? Then again, do we really want to know, lol?
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
- If you are new to Canadian Budget Binder >>>Start here! Follow Mr.CBB on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Subscribe to Canadian Budget Binder>> Everyone else has, why wait!
- Do You Have A Question For Mr. CBB? The best way to get in touch with me is on Facebook
- I’m currently accepting guest posts. If you are a blog owner or fan who wants to share a story email me today with your topic ideas! I can’t guarantee everyone a spot but give me your best topic pitch and show me what your work looks like.
- How I Support My Family On One Income (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Parents of ‘well-behaved kids’ get discount at local restaurant (komonews.com)
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- How To Have The Wedding Of Your Dreams And Still Be Frugal (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Dollar Store Home Pregnancy Tests-Do They Work? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)My Best Financial Tip (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Too Many Bills Not Enough Money Each Month (canadianbudgetbinder.com)