I’m a big fan of truffles and chocolate but when you combine peanut butter with chocolate, even better.
When you make this easy 4 ingredient chocolate peanut butter truffle recipe the people who sample these treats will be begging for the recipe.
I’ve made truffles for a while now and although they are easy many people tend to shy away from them because the name “truffle” sounds posh and must mean they are difficult to make.
Hardly the truth as you will find out today. If you are in a pinch and need an easy treat to bring to a gathering you can whip up some truffles in no time. Even dipping the truffles in chocolate is not that time-consuming. You can use the same chocolate dipping process as Mr.CBB does for his peanut butter balls.
Easy dessert recipes
Most people unless they are passionate about baking don’t want to spend any more time in the kitchen baking than they have to. Creating simple recipes is part of what I do because although I love to bake there are times when simple is best. You will see with this truffle recipe that it’s so easy you don’t even need to bake it.
Today’s truffle recipe has Oreo crumbs inside along with cream cheese, peanut butter and then dipped in chocolate. See 1, 2, 3, 4…. it’s that easy!!!
There are many kinds of truffle recipes that you can create such as peanut butter truffles, white truffles with coconut, Oreo truffles but the chocolate truffle recipe seems to be very popular where you can add bits to it so they are unique like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles.
Why did I decide to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles? Well, I’ve started taking cake orders.
My first cake orders
It’s been another hectic week here at the Don household as it’s the start of football season and training has begun in earnest. Our eldest trains 2hrs on a Tues and Thurs and the other for 1 1/2 hrs on the opposite side.
I also had my first cake order this week but not just one cake but two cakes. My customer originally wanted me to create five cakes for her but I thought it was a bit ambitious for my first order! She left the inspiration to me for both cakes as it was for five birthdays and one anniversary (7th – Copper).
So my artist hat goes on and I start coming up with ideas to make these the best cakes ever. I thought it made more sense that I created one cake and the second creation would be a cinnamon bun tier cake. She loved the idea because it was unique.
As you can see from the photo it turned out pretty amazing and will certainly be a dessert that guests will be chatting about. Even I impressed myself but I put lots of hard work into this order. I know I will get better with more experience but this is a passion of mine.
Now comes the hard work. I was very fortunate that my neighbour was able to lend me some cake decorating piping bags and tools until I can buy my own. I thought that it would be a great way to see if I was going to make a go of it without going to buy everything then decide the cake making business wasn’t for me.
I love my neighbours to bits (Hi Marty!) they have always been on hand as we have to help out any way we can. I know not all neighbours are like this so I know I am very fortunate. Don’t be afraid to ask to borrow as long as you give it back.
I also decided to decorate the cinnamon bun cake with chocolate truffles which I am going to tell you how to make today. They are really simple and a maximum of four ingredients, yes only four and they are no bake too like I mentioned above.
I usually make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles at Christmas as they make excellent gifts for teachers, friends, relatives as do Mr.CBB’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, Coconut Balls and Snowballs.
How to make truffles
- ½ Bag Oreo crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Kraft Chocolate Peanut butter/or plain smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tub (6ml) chocolate Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 Pack semi sweet chocolate pieces (300g)
- Take out the cream cheese and let it get to room temperature as this makes it easier to cream together with the other ingredients.
- Place the cream cheese, Oreo crumbs and peanut butter into a bowl and with a fork mix together until it becomes smooth.
- On a baking tray place some parchment paper.
- Scoop about a teaspoon of the truffle mixture with your hands until it forms a ball and place it on the baking sheet.
- Once done place the baking sheet into the freezer for 15mins
- Melt your chocolate (I do mine in the microwave) in a Pyrex bowl or jug. I do have a preference here and do mine in a jug as it's not so messy.
- Take your truffles out of the freezer. If they are hard to touch they are ready if not leave for a further 5mins
- One at a time place your truffle mix into the chocolate. Using a fork and spoon turn gently then tap to get any excess chocolate off and place back onto the parchment.
- Once completed all of the truffles this way put back into the freezer for a further 15mins until the chocolate is hard.
There you have it a delicious truffle for any occasion and you can even spice it up by putting a couple of caps of either brandy or flavoured liqueur to make it extra special.
I have often made a couple of different flavours like a chocolate box and drizzled different coloured chocolate over the top for each flavour.
So next time you have a special occasion like a wedding why not try these as wedding favours for the treat table, or even for that special teacher a delicious box of truffles.
Are You New To Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social Media: Twitter, Facebook , Pinterest , Stumble Upon, Reddit and Google+
- Don’t forget to Subscribe to the blog so you get my daily email.
- If you need to get in touch with me the best way is on Facebook.
- Get every recipe from Canadian Budget Binder> Check out my new Free Recipe Index
- If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and all my Free Money Saving Lists!
- Check out my new Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide