Guest Post Guidelines… Come Write for Mr.CBB
WE WANT YOU!
Write a Contribution Post for Canadian Budget Binder!
Join in on the Budgeting Action!
How to Prepare and Submit a Contribution Post to Canadian Budget Binder
I am open to accepting Contribution Posts from fans or other Blogs only at this time.
I am looking for personal budgeting stories, retirement stories, marriage and weddings, mortgages, finance and investing. The element of finance must be incorporated into your post as well as a personal aspect which speaks to the audience.
If you email me and don’t hear back that means I’m not interested so please don’t email me 100 times.
- If you email me with some generic email saying you have been reading my blog bla bla with a link to my blog= REJECTED
- A potential guest post MUST be approved with topic and title FIRST. Please don’t say you wrote a post for me and beg me to post it. Be a professional and contact me BEFORE.
- Write unique, professional, high-quality content that has not been published by you or anyone else on the internet, or media of the kind.
- If you are sending me crap just to get a link it will be rejected. I spend hours on my posts so I expect high quality posts not something I can write in 10 minutes on my own.
- You MUST know what you are talking about because I will research the post. Don’t talk rubbish as it will end in the bin.
- Article length should be at least 900 words, and up to 2000 words.
- Text Formatting: Structure your posts into paragraphs with headings and subtitles for easier reading. I do not have time to do this for you.
- Submissions which require excessive editing WILL get rejected.
- Please make sure your post is grammatically correct and spell checked. If the post does not make sense to me, it gets deleted.
- Don’t add more than 1 relevant and informative link. (No affiliate links, no sponsored posts , company or organization links are permitted on wordpress.com so please don’t bother emailing me if you are using one the answer is “no”)
- Do not recommend products
- If the link is not working or relevant you risk your post being rejected.
- Please provide at least one photo and photo credit that you own the rights to, paid for or are permitted for a blog as royalty free. I will verify this.
- Article must reflect the flow of Canadian Budget Binder
- Article must be Canadian Content ONLY or general in nature or I won’t even read it.
- Please send pictures as attachment but the guest post in an email or word document.
- If you are using someone else’s figures or words you MUST quote them or that is plagiarism and I will NOT use your post ever!All post are run through copyscape.
- You MUST Share the post via social media once it goes live and respond to EVERY comment.
- Please include a short 50 word bio. Please include a link or two to your site or social media.
Our Terms and Conditions
- Articles must be unique and written for Only for Canadian Budget Binder as I check each submission through copyscape.
- Your post should not be published anywhere else on the internet nor will it be after when/if it is published here at Canadian Budget Binder as it is now my property.
- You can link to the post you wrote but not copy and paste the entire post to your blog or website.
- I will personally review ALL posts and edit any errors if necessary.
- If your post is chosen for publication you will be notified by email prior to it being posted.
- I may or may not review any corrections that have been made with the author before posting to my blog.
- I reserve every right to alter/edit the submitted post before publishing.
- I have the right to edit and add relevant links as I see fit.
- I have the right to add links back to my site in your post.
- I have the right to optimize the post for my site as applicable.
- I am neither responsible nor liable for any infringements or legal matters involved with your post while on my blog, you are.
- I reserve the right to reject any post that does not fit the guidelines of Canadian Budget Binder or our site policy.
- Canadian Budget Binder has the right to remove your blog post with no notice as the result of any violations of the above guidelines and terms or for other reasons beyond our control or in our best interest.
- We currently offer no monetary compensation nor have we ever.
- It may take a few weeks for your post to go live I will communicate with you every step of the way.
- Please don’t be offended if I reject your post, it just means it’s not up to my standards or it’s not what I’m looking for.
- “Any good writer doesn’t take offence, they work harder to improve”. If you do, then maybe you weren’t cut out to be a writer.
- Please contact me at canadianbudgetbinder [at] yahoo [dot] ca with your topic.
Updated : April 2013