Today is probably one of the first days I’ve been able to wake up late and just lay in bed staring at the ceiling wondering what to tackle first. So far this week has been one heck of a rat race for me running from meeting to appointment to the grocery store to work and home. Have you ever had a week where you felt you were going non-stop? Well that was me this week.
On a good note, NHL Hockey Season is back (finally) for all you hockey fans although, I’m not one of them. I was mentioning to my mate Mark about Hockey and how I don’t understand it but ask me about rugby, basketball and soccer and I’m in.
We met with our financial advisor the other day and we really have some catching up as do many Canadians. I read an interesting post today on RRSP or Debt and how only 26 percent of eligible Canadians contribute to an RRSP. What would you choose? Sometimes the choice is clear but others it’s not. Our choice was clear and I’ll get into that more in a later post about our retirement savings and plans for 2013.
TOP BLOG POSTS WEEKLY READING LIST
Here are some posts of the week from top blogs that I read and comment on weekly. Have a look, subscribe to them if you like. They are one heck of a bunch of Bloggers who also share and comment on what I have to say with their fans so I will do the same for you. Happy Reading and enjoy your weekend!
- The Frugal Path- Don’t Allow Coupons To Lure You Into Overspending
- Dividend Ninja- Why Canadians Should Avoid Mutual Funds
- Vix Money- Share her Case Study #2 (follow along this portfolio)
- The Family Finances- What Is An Off-Shore Investment?
- Freedom Thirty Five- Getting Back Into Stocks
- Saving Advice- Using Credit As An Emergency Savings Is A Bad Idea
- Modest Money- Treating Your Savings Like A Monthly Bill
- Eyes On The Dollar- My Child Needs Glasses, Now What?
- See Debt Run- Wishing For Walkability
- My Own Advisor- If You Want To Price Match, Please
- Reach Financial Independence 13 Money Resolutions for 2013 #8 Be Happy!
- Club Thrifty- Horrifc Financial Advice From the New York Times
- Young Adult Money- Five Lessons Learned from Freelancing
- Work Save Live- Debt Reduction Strategy, The Debt Seige
- The Outlier Model- What Causes Hoarding?
- Prairie Eco-Thrifter- The Difference Between Looking Rich and Being Rich
- My Canuck Buck- Easy Ways To Save Money At The Grocery Store
- One Smart Dollar- The Downside To Common Frugal Tips
- The Brighter Life- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Money Bulldog- Why Cash Flow Is More Important Than Profit
- Lil Suburban Homestead- Visiting the Vanderbilts Homestead A.K.A The Biltmore Estate
- This is Common Cents-The Real Cost of Food
- Broke Ass Mommy- Techniques I Use To Curb That Pesky Consumerism Itch
- Grown Up and Stuff- Why I’m Happy I Made The Move To Free Banking
- Finance Fox- Doing Business With Friends Could It Work?
- I Heart Budgets- Seasonal Budgeting
- Debt Round Up- The Day My Personal Finance Life Changed
- Out Of Your Rut- Micro-Frugality vs Macro-Frugality
- Money Ning- Change Your Money Behaviour By Changing Your Money Beliefs
- Thirty Six Months- On Always Wanting More
- Frugal Rules- Three Ways Advertising Companies Tempt You To Forsake Frugality
- Financial Highway- How To Reduce Waste and Save Money
- Edward Antrobus-How To Save Money Shaving
- Average Joe- Hiring A Financial Advisor, Clues From the Secretary
Recipes of the Week- If you have a recipe blog post you want me to check out, send me an email!
- Lemon and Blueberry Muffins-Work Save Live
- Lemon Meringue Pie- Monster Piggy Bank
- Vegetable Casserole (with a little pepperoni)- What To Cook?
- Barley Pudding- Aunt B on A Budget
Tweet Tweet… Goes my Twitter Followers!
There have been so many awesome people who have tweeted my posts on Twitter this week that I can’t possibly name them all. I read every tweet and many thanks to all of you.
Are you New to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you are new to Canadian Budget Binder >>>Start here!
- CBB December 2012 Net Worth Update-A Look Back Over The Year! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Finances In The New Year + New Budget = Success Formula (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Too Many Bills Not Enough Money Each Month-$100 CASH GIVEAWAY (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- New Year’s Resolution:Canadian Debt and Tackling Personal Finances (canadianbudgetbinder.com)