This is one of the last couple of weekly blog post picks for the 2012 year. Yes we all know the Holidays are going to be kicking it into high gear soon for most but for TekSavvy Customers the Grinch may have stole Christmas or at least put a bit of a damper on it for some.
Is there a good reason though? To Voltage Pictures, studio for The Hurt Locker they think so. The law is the law and they want to know. If a court order is produced forcing TekSavvy to hand over contact info of customers who may have engaged in copyright infringement this would be the biggest of its kind. If an IP address matches that of a customers they say the customer may be part of this request.. OUCH! I hope for all involved they sort this out for the best.
You can read the full story here.
Although TekSavvy has retained a legal counsel they are saying if a customer is caught up in this they might want to seek legal advice. I can only imagine the legal fees for some of these customers let alone the company. Will this hurt business for TekSavvy? Who knows? Ah well, glad I was able to haggle a good deal with Rogers as I almost jumped ship although I don’t download music and movies.
What do you think about all of this?
Mr.CBB’s Top Blog Post Picks of the Week
Wow, I read alot this week and picked out a few posts from some of the blogs I read to share with you! This is like the Holiday Edition bringing you the best of the best~
In no particular order, sit back, go ahead grab a cuppa tea and one of those delicious looking festive coconut balls. If you want the recipe come back this Sunday when it will be on the blog.
This is a list of some of the posts that I read this week and hope you enjoy. I don’t use a reader (I know silly, maybe soon though) so if you don’t have an email subscription on your blog that may be why I don’t visit.
Thanks to all of you for sharing my page with your fans and taking the time out to drop in and comment on my post.
- Million Dollar Journey- Celebrating a 6 Year Blog Anniversary
- Outlier Model- My Plan For Early Retirement
- Frugal Rules- First Steps To Investing In The Stock Market
- The Savy Scott- Personal Finance Is Freakin Boring
- Midlife Finance-Dealing With The Holiday Guilt
- Master The Art Of Saving- How To Decide Which Financial Goal To Tackle First
- My Broken Coin- Personal And Financial Lessons Of 2012
- Money Bulldog- Five Essential Qualities You Need To Start and Run A Successful Business
- My Own Advisor- November 2012 Dividend Update
- Debt Round Up- Increasing Insurance Deductible to Save Money
- Vix Money- Portfolio Update
- Plunged in Debt- Money, Feminism and Divorce
- Femme Frugality- The Best Way For College Students To Stay Financially Fit
- Club Thrifty- Making A House A Home
- Brighter Life- Do Canadians Need To Worry About The Fiscal Cliff?
- Modest Money- Paying For Self Employment Income Taxes Year Round
- Eyes On The Dollar- How We Paid Off $30,000 In Credit Card Debt?
- Work Save Live- Is Debt Consolidation an Opportunity or a Trap?
- One Smart Dollar- Christmas Shopping And Emotion
- IHeartBudgets- What Does $1 Dollar Mean To You?
- Gen Y Finance Journey- Products For Lazy People
- My Money Design- Budgeting Advice To Keep You Motivated
- Single Moms Income- Giving Fair Chances
- Money Master Mom- Do You Dare To Dream
- Enemy of Debt- Don’t Let Debt Hold You Back
- Broke Ass Mommy- Words Of Caution, Things I Am Not
- Thirty Six Months- Why I Love All-Inclusive Vacations
- Free In Ten Years- Men Save Money By Cutting Your Own Hair
- Unique Gifter- The Gift Of Food
- Sustainable Personal Finance- 3 Tips For Reducing Consumerism The Holiday Season
- Money After Graduation- How To Make The Most Of LinkedIN
- Freedom Thirty Five Blog- Volatility and Risk
- The Free Financial Advisor- The Worst Gifts Ever Crystal Frogs, Re-Gifted Candy and More Bad Holiday Fun
- Prairie Eco-Thrifter- How To Throw A Lavish Holiday Party On A Budget
- Monster Piggy Bank- Has Christmas Become Too Commercial?
- My Journey To Millions- After Five and a Half Years I Sold My Home And I Don’t Think I Made Any Money
- Making Sense of Cents- Buying A House At 20 How I Did It?
- Mom’s Plans- An Update On My Health and A Financial Question
- See Debt Run- Five Ways To Drastically Improves Your Cash Flow Today
- Budget and the Beach- Looking Back, Looking Forward Part 1
- Mr.Everyday Dollar- Clean Shavin, Green Savin
- Edward Antrobus- 7 Ways to Stay Warm In The Winter For Cheap
- My Alternate Life- My Debt Numbers
- Nurse Frugal- Marriage Investment My Favourite Budget Category
- Pelican On Money- Pros and Cons of Making Money With An Online Store
- Young Adult Money- Is Collecting Things A Waste of Time And Money?
- Blonde On A Budget- What Would You Do If You Won A $700 Best Buy Gift Card?
- Canadian Performers Money- The Best Investment Ever
- Dumb Passive Income- Keyword Research For Blogging icking The Right Keywords
- Real Penny Wise- Tips To Avoid Pain At The Pump
- Cents to Save- The Sealed Pot Challenge 2012
- CanadianMDInvestor- Buying A Year-End Mutual Fund Or Etf Why You Might Want To Wait. Update: No longer blogging
- This Is Common Cents- Couponing The Time Consuming Way To Increase Your Spending
- Celebrating Financial Freedom- Pay Day Loan Smack Down Convenient or Ripoff
- Planting Our Pennies- What To Include In Your Net Worth?
- My Personal Finance Journey- How Much Do You Save When You Are In Debt?
- Financial Highway- How To Make Extra Money On the Weekend
- When Life Gives You Lemons- 10 Tips To Avoid Throwing Out Food
- Drop That Debt- The Cost Of tailgating
- Debt and the Girl- Why You Should Be Careful In Where You Volunteer
- Well Kept Wallet- Top 3 Mistakes Of First Time Home Buyers
- Money Beagle- Combat Smaller Size For Same Price Gimmick
- Retire Happy- Will You Retire or Keep Working?
- My Canuck Buck- Cheaper To Make From Scratch Or Buy At The Store?
- Mo Money Mo Houses-Happy 1 Year Blogiversary To Me!
Recipes of the Week:
- Aunt B On A Budget- Christmas Fruit Crisp
- Work Save Live- Easy Potato Soup
- Nurse Frugal- Cheesy Potatoes With Bacon
- Frugal City Girl- Caramel Apple Punch
Twitter Personal Finance #PF and Other Peeps to Check Out!
This is a list of the Twitter Tweeps That I Follow that Tweeted 2 times or more from Friday to Friday my own Canadian Budget Binder Blog Posts. I’m almost at 800 Followers with my goal being 1000 for the end of December but I’m always optimistic! Thanks for your support!
- Modest Money- Twitter
- Work Save Live – Twitter
- One Smart Dollar – Twitter
- My Alternate Life- Twitter
- The Outlier Model – Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Vix Money – Twitter
- Frugal Rules – Twitter
- Eyes On The Dollar – Twitter
- My Canuck Buck – Twitter
- The Family Finances – Twitter
- Debt Round Up- Twitter
- The Frugal Path- Twitter
- Club Thrifty – Twitter
- Broke Ass Mommy- Twitter
- Terry Sprouse- Twitter (fix em up rent em out)
- Square Pennies- Twitter
- Reach Final Independence- Twitter
Almost to 3000 Facebook Fans as that is my goal for 2012. I’m holding out that it will happen so please share! Here are a few awesome Facebook Fan Pages to Check out! These page owners came around, chatted and shared my posts with their Facebook Fans! If I miss you..tell me as I can’t always see the Page owner posts you share on Facebook.
- Frugal Rules
- Frugal Sally
- Coupon Christine
- Modest Money
- The Frugal Path
- Eyes On The Dollar
- Grown Up And Stuff
- Strictly Canadian Coupons and Contests
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
If you have a QUESTION for Me.. Mr.CBB the quickest way to get in touch with me is through Facebook as I am very active on my page… PM me!
- Budgeting With Mr.CBB Got Us Back On Track! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Celebrate Like Scrooge Christmas Gift Exchange (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- How to Earn Optimum Points Fast at Shoppers Drug Mart (canadianbudgetbinder.com)