HANDS OFF MY CANADIAN BROWNIES
That’s right, these fudgy brownies were made in Canada therefore they are the best brownies you’ll ever taste and I mean that.
I know you’ve waited for my homemade brownie recipe since I exposed that lovely tower of brownies on my Facebook page a few days back.
Don’t you just love food photos where you just want to reach in with your hand and grab one like you do right now with these fudgy brownies.
I’m sure it hurts even more if you are reading this with a hot cup of tea or coffee or a glass of cold milk and nothing sweet in hand.
Homemade Chocolate Brownies
The best brownies are homemade brownies and I don’t care what anyone says, fresh at home is best.
I don’t know why but there’s something about a good brownie that makes me happy.
I’m sure it has something to do with all the chocolate but heck it’s only a once in a while treat, so I live it up a little.
he time has come to let the secret brownie recipe out of the bag and I hope they become just as famous in your kitchen as it is mine.
These brownies won’t break the budget but the best part is the house smells divine for the rest of the night with sweet chocolate aroma.
I don’t normally buy sweets at the shops because of the cost. I would rather make homemade vs buying baked goods in the shops.
When you can make it at home with love it’s always cheaper and better than anything you can buy because you know what’s in it.
I’ve made this brownie recipe over and over because I am particular about my brownie texture and taste.
I like a fudgy brownie that’s creamy yet dense and loaded with toasted walnuts and sometimes I like to add icing.
If you don’t like nuts you don’t have to include them in this recipe. You can simply substitute them for more chocolate.
The fudgy brownies in the picture below is the same brownies but with a thick chocolate fudge frosting on top.
My Famous Fudgy Brownies
I did not put chocolate frosting on these fudgy brownies as I created them to texture a gooey fudge brownie.
I’ll be honest and say that these were the best fudge brownies I’ve ever made and tasted, although I’m biased.
Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
If you prefer to add fudge chocolate icing on your brownies you can certainly slather a thick layer on top before you cut them.
Shh… I’ve done it and it’s good!
In this particular fudge brownies recipe I had 1/4 of 70% chocolate bar I melted and added in for extra smoothness.
If you know me you know that brownies are a passion of mine and I’ve experimented with many creations over the years.
I enjoy reading about brownies and looking through all the brownie recipes on Pinterest.
I’m sure my next attempt at creating a brownie might include making a caramel brownie which I think would go perfect.
Although I’ve seen Snicker bar brownies, Oreo brownies, banana bread brownies.
It’s hard to decide on what to brownie recipe to create next but the options are endless especially if you are creative with your baking.
I hope you get an opportunity to make these easy fudgy brownies and let me know what you think.
How to make Famous Fudgy Brownies
Note: When I started this blog I did not have a recipe plugin so unfortunately you cannot print the page like you can with the new recipes I’ve been posting over the years.
- Yield: Aprox 15-20 depends on how big you cut them.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20-25 mins max @ 350 degrees- Do not over bake or they will go dry quick. Test with a toothpick in the centre of the tray. If it comes out clean the brownies can come out of the oven.
- Cost: If I had to come up with a cost for this between $5-$6 plus hydro/time to cook it= worth it! $$$$$ even cheaper if you don’t use nuts. It all depends on where you live how the products you purchase will affect the overall cost of this brownie recipe.
How To Make Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mixing bowl
- Tin foil
- Frying Pan to toast walnuts
Homemade Fudgy Brownies Recipe
Line a 9×13 pan with tin foil and spray with no stick spray
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 12 tablespoons melted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups of Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup toasted chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a mixing bowl sift the dry ingredients together> flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder
- If you are using walnuts that are not toasted simply put them in a frying pan on low and toast them. The reason I chose to toast the walnuts was to release all the flavours and for extra depth in crunch. Watch them closely so they don’t burn by moving them around in the pan until toasted.
- In another mixing bowl add your sugar, butter then mix
- Now add your eggs one at a time and mix gently
- Add pure vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix
- Add in your chocolate chips and walnuts and mix to combine
- Pour batter into prepared 9×13 pan lined with tin foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Take out from oven and cool for at least one hour or until cooled completely
- Take each end of the foil and lift out the brownies as this makes it easier to cut perfect brownies
- Cut into desired size squares, frost them if you want extra goodness on top.
If you love homemade fudgy brownies as much as I do, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of it.
Please share this recipe with your friends if you think they might like it and please leave a review and tell me what you think. You can also pin the recipe on Pinterest and share on just about every social media outlet. Big Thanks.
Enter your email address on the home page to SUBSCRIBE to my blog. Once you subscribe you will be sent an email from me immediately which you need to open and approve the subscription in order to start receiving my daily blog post.
Note: Check your Junk Mail if you don’t see it or email me to check into your subscription status.
If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and lists. Check out my new Free Recipe Index Plus catch up on all the ways to save money in our Free Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide.
- Mr.CBB’s Toasted Coconut Custard Tarts
- Mr.CBB’s Strawberry Cheesecake Streusel Muffins
- Mr.CBB’s Cheesy Crock-Pot Lasagna
- Easy Chicken Curry In A Hurry
- Mr.CBB’s Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Banana Bread