Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
Wow, did I read alot of blog posts this week in my spare time. (Ya, spare time) This week has been super busy for me training at work with new equipment and programs. I’m sure I will be doing this the rest of my life and I should for my line of work.
Sometimes I wonder if people get too comfy in their jobs and no longer want to upgrade or keep above or at equal playing fields with those coming out of University and College or other colleagues.
Many believe these young kids are going to come in and swoop positions in the company right from under the noses of those that have been with an organization many years. So for those that believe that education ends when you get your diploma you must ask yourself “Will I evolve with the world” or “Will the world evolve around me”.
You can be a specialist one day but if you don’t keep up with the “new” you may find that the “old” just doesn’t work any more.
If you are out of work, laid off or terminated and you don’t have the upgraded skills you may be at a loss to get back into your field without upgrading. No one is secure in any line of work even with a union on your side doors can close just as fast as they open at any time… are you ready?
So I ask you, what have you done to keep your skills up to date with those coming out of University and College?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
What a week it’s been on the Canadian Budget Binder home front. We had my guest post “Goodbye To Cigarettes and Hello To Life” at Finance Fox published. I hope the post will help others who are struggling to make the decision to quit a reality.
I was also thrilled to learn that Kim at Eyes on The Dollar who live in the USA had played my Grocery Game Challenge.
You don’t have to live in Canada to play because the goal is to be mindful of your budget and to post it to keep it under control. You would be amazed what it will do for your budget and a financial budget works just the same.
Holding yourself accountable for your variable expenses is so important to the success of any budget. So a big thanks to Kim for stepping up and posting her shops. We look forward to watching your budget hit the target for you and the family. Here is her story… “How The Grocery Game Saved Our Budget”.
Here is Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 10-16- Almost Fall
- What Most Women Want In A Man And It’s Not Always Money
- Sign My Guest Book
- Building Credit In Canada As A New Permanent Resident
- Reader Question: RRSP’s The Need To Know Basics (Guest Post Garry Gorr)
- Mr.CBB’s Tomato Salad with Potato,Green Beans and Chick Peas
- What Kind Of Spender Are You?
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
I’m continuing with the search terms of the week as I think it adds some spice to Mr. CBB’s Blog picks and hey who doesn’t like a laugh. Sometimes I just can’t help but laugh so I thought I would share the best to date with all of you!
How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
- What Do Sausages Look Like When They Are Cooked- If you have to ask then I’d be scared to eat at your house.
- How Big is a $5 Brownie– This is my personal fav for the week, hilarious and I’m going to plug my recipe while I’m at it!
- How Much Do you Spend On Coffee? – How about just figure out how much you can afford rather than what everyone else is doing.
- Cbb is hot- Of course this could mean anything… 😉
- %- haha.. well good to know the percent sign is leading the way
- Un jour tu comprendras un jour tu t’en voudras-? Parler vous francais because I don’t
- People who act like they own you because of money- Why are you looking for one for sale? or are you looking at advice.. it’s easy..Who cares, they are not your friends if they act that way.
- My neighbours pay me- For what, that’s what I want to know?
- Buy or Rent After Divorce- Neither, stay single! 😉
- What you won’t do another man will- Someone’s up the crick without a paddle lol..
- CBB Top Picks- Ya… keep on searching and I’m getting alot of people searching for the blog by name (happy dance)
- I always seem to have defective products- I don’t know about you but that almost seems as if the person is having a conversation with the computer…
- Ways to cut watermelon- A knife is a good starting point
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him.
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks September 7, 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Pics Aug 31,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Why We Want To Pay Off Our Mortgage Early (canadianbudgetbinder.com)