Mr.CBB’s Week in Review
My weekly blog post picks have grown week by week and I’m thrilled to see many bloggers and advertisers interested in Canadian Budget Binder. I’ve worked a bit more lately at my real full-time job but continue to find the time to renovate the house, get ready for winter and work on this blog. I’ll be hanging the Christmas lights next week to prepare for the holiday season just so I don’t freeze my “John Thomas” and friends in the winter. Happily the end of season sales last year has helped us to get enough LED lights for our entire home for dirt cheap. I guess it sounds like I’m a multi-tasker but really I’m not, I just plan my day well.
On the flip side I went to see an allergy specialist the other day who performed routine environmental allergy testing on me. The doctor was a friendly bloke who even gave me some “free” samples of nasal spray (I like this guy already).
Needless to say I’m allergic to the outside world so I need to wear a space suit to garden, pick weeds, climb trees and rake leaves.
Indoors I have to brush my teeth, wear cologne and put on deodorant with a clothes pin clung to my nostrils to prevent my nose from running for the hills and dust and dander are my worst enemy.
If I shall see a cat I should run for my life as the bloody harmless pet will throw golf ball size meteors at my body just by breathing or brushing up against me. Mrs. CBB is happy she married an allergic fellow like me, I bet!
Do you have any allergies?
What are your plans now that Fall has arrived?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
What a great week at Canadian Budget Binder with so many new friends that came our way thanks to Coupon Christine. A lovely woman who has shared her Canadian coupon expertise with us in her guest post “Scanning Code of Practice in Canada”.
We also had the BEST day ever on Canadian Budget Binder September 27,2012 with well over 1000 views and I couldn’t be happier.
Also last week Canadian Budget Binder fell under 100k in Alexa and we currently stand at just over 94k. I’m thrilled and excited and want to thank everyone including the fans and my blogger mates around the world for all your continued support.
As my next milestone is for 3000 Facebook Fans I continue to spread the word about Canadian Budget Binder and how we can all start working towards paying off debt by “motivating” each other to take that “first step“.
The Grocery Game Challenge Canada has picked up as more and more fans are looking to lower their grocery budget.
Well you need to run the numbers in your monthly budget to see what you can afford.
Many Canadians are still spending far too much than they should be on food even while using coupons and it’s time to take control.
With food prices slated to rise in January 2013 we need to get on track and know where we are heading.
Come post your shop, take back control of your finances and join a great team of Fans who are working towards lowering their food budget.
Even if you don’t have enough money coming in you should know your finances, know where you stand.
We’ve also had many new twitter fans and many bloggers linking to Canadian Budget Binder and sharing our posts with Tweets that I want to say Thanks.
It’s with all of this community spirit and friendships that we continue to spread the word about why we do what we do.
We are here to share our knowledge and share with the world our experiences from all different aspects of Finance and I’m glad to be a part of the personal finance community.
I know this blog will move forward and I’m currently brainstorming the ways. I always like to plan but on occasion I like to jump in and take risks.
I really would like to see Canadian Budget Binder be a place where people can come and feel comfortable about sharing their experiences and walking away with some new information that will assist in developing Money Knowledge.
Are you or do you know a web designer that can make a difference for Canadian Budget Binder? I’m currently accepting quotes along with a vision of what you can do for Canadian Budget Binder.
If you can move me from wordpress.com to self hosted and give Canadian Budget Binder a unique layout and presentation I want to hear from you. If you know of anyone please send them my way! I’d like to make my final decision as soon as possible.
Here is Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- Scanning Code Of Practice (SCOP) in Canada.. Did You Know?
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 24-30 2012 It’s Fall
- Straight Talk About Fees And Penalties On Mutual Funds
- Mr.CBB’s Creamy Apple Caramel Harvest Muffins
- Cost of Owning A Pet… Can You Really Afford One?
- Multi-tasking Saving or Wasting Time For Employers
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
I’m continuing with the search terms of the week as I think it adds some spice to Mr. CBB’s Blog picks and hey who doesn’t like a laugh. Sometimes I just can’t help but laugh so I thought I would share the best to date with all of you!
How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
- Garage Sale Prices Canada– I’m not sure why people search for Garage Sale prices, but they do. There is no point as the price is essentially up to you.
- How Do I Not Always Want More?– Yeah I ask myself that same question all the time.
- It is Amazing What You Can Accomplish When You Don’t Care Who Gets The Credit– I love this!
- How To Say That A Tax Assessment Is Not Warranted– Easy… I’ll tell you… “A Tax Assessment Is Not Warranted”.
- Big Eye Cartoon Potatoes– No comment
- Average Change In Net worth After Quitting Smoking– Well…. add this (cost of smokes per month) to your Net worth IF you are saving it. This is an odd search …. as I’m not sure what they were hoping to find.
- Co-Worker bought Coffee for me– Good for you, now what are you searching for again?
- Who Needs Family When You Have Friends– Ya, you’re right, meh… 😉
- Growing A Celery Fridge– If you can show me a Celery Fridge, I’ll be a changed man.
- How To Have Convenience Food On a Low Budget– Now, I’ve read it all!! I smell a blog post coming on…..
- Why Only 42 Weeks Maternity Leave In Ontario- Yes the answer is under… “Keep dreaming if you think you will ever understand why anything happens with the government.”
- What it’s like to own a pet Fox– Oh ya..”Finance Fox” maybe you can answer that one…
- What I want in a Husband– Now they are looking it up… watch out men. We must find that check-list.
- Mr. Noodles– First Mr.Wow.. Now Mr.Noodles… what’s next …?
- Shocked Snobby Grandma– No Grandma Here
- I Like Eat Cartoon– What do Cartoons Taste like?
- Which Is More Important, You’re Wife or Friend? – Bloody Hell, really?
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks September 7, 2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mr. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Sept 14,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- MR. CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Sept 21,2012 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- The Grocery Game Challenge Sept 17-23,2012- Bring On The Rain! (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
Photo Credits-Copyright 123RF