Mr.CBB’s Saturday Weekend Review
Well, Halloween has come and gone but I did promise that I would post a picture of the pumpkin I carved. Please don’t mind the obvious blurry picture as clearly I would have gotten out my tripod. Mrs.CBB said, “nah, it will be OK”. So this is her version of “OK” in the following pictures (after a few drinks).
I also scooped out the pumpkin seeds like others said they do. I know it sounds strange but it’s only my third pumpkin that I’ve carved.
I cleaned the seeds, added some sesame oil, salt, pepper, paprika and steak seasoning lol.. (gosh I hope that’s not odd).
Then I roasted them in the oven 2 days after Halloween so I could let them dry out a bit.
That’s not entirely true. The tray was taking too much room up on the counter so we tossed it in the oven. Well 2 days later Mrs.CBB says, “Babe, I think we forgot to roast the pumpkin seeds”.
They don’t look so appetizing in the picture but I’m currently munching on them as I type this and they aren’t so bad, if you like cardboard.
A nice cold beer to wash these beauties down sounds good to me.
On a final note our Sample-source package came in the mail (can never have enough razors) in the house.
I like that Downy Unstoppables sample as it really jazzed up the smell of my socks.’-)
That’s all for now, this week I’m working on some final yard work and then it’s indoor renovation time! Are you all ready for this, Mr.CBB and his tools?
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
This week at CBB has been busy with lots of great guest posts coming in which we love here at Canadian Budget Binder. If you want to guest post or share a story send me an email today.
I’ve also been working slowly on transforming CBB into a brighter environment for all of us. More on that to come.
The Grocery Game Challenge is growing and I’m thrilled to share with all of you that do post your weekly shops how impressed I’ve been with your progress over the course of the year. For those of you that just started to post your shops keep at it and keep those dollars in your pocket.
Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- The Grocery Game Challenge-Oct 30-Nov 4- Halloween and Rain
- Do I Have To Share My RRSP’s With My Spouse when I get Divorced?
- How We Renovated Our First Home For Under $25,000
- Mr.CBB’s Weekly Blog Post Picks Nov 2, 2012
- How To Have The Wedding of Your Dreams And Still Be Frugal
- Spooky, Frugal, Halloween Fun- Mr.CBB’s Scary Witch Finger Cookies
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Search terms of the week are really a hoot! Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure. What are you saying about them? Any typos below are simply the person who searched who made the error or me
Top 8 How we found Mr.CBB
- Canadian Ladies what they want from men– well, you’ve come to the right place.. have a read and you shall know.
- A Sausage Cabbage Tomato– That must be one of those rare types of tomato breeds long and round. You should always watch who your tomatoes are hanging out with.
- Sower Cream… at least it wasn’t spelled sewer (like I’m one to talk about typos, I’m rubbish with my fingers sometimes (get your minds out of the gutter lol)
- How much is one pound of walnuts in the supermarket? Oh crap where is that magic wand, I’ve lost it again. Sorry can’t help you mate.
- Unusual frugal recipes– So what do you mean like unusual, banana peel nut loaf… I’d call that unusual, wouldn’t you although common in India and South East Asia ! Banana Peels also aid in digestion and bowel movements so it’s doubly unusual.
- Can You Eat Too Much Fresh Basil- Yup and if you’re not careful you’ll start growing it out your nose and ears (now that’s organic).
- Turkey Costs $4.99 a pound, About How much would 2.79 pounds calculate– I wonder if this was on a math exam….
- Scary Picture of Vegetable Carvings– Oh ya, that would certainly freak me out!
That’s all for this weeks “The Saturday Weekend Review” tune in next week when I bring you more of the best and worst from around CBB!!
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?
Do you have a Question for Mr.CBB please click HERE to ask him!
- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Canadian Budget Binder- The Saturday Weekend Review #1 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- September 2012 Net Worth Update Canadian Budget Binder (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- September 2012 Canadian Budget Binder Family Budget Update (canadianbudgetbinder.com)