Take The Shopping Out Of Grocery Shopping
While I was outside doing some work in the front yard one of our neighbours came to talk to me about our other neighbour who is ill in the hospital with lung cancer. She wanted to know if I had heard anything about him and if I could let her know if I heard anything about how he was doing.
She wanted to send a card and help out if she can even with cleaning the house or grocery shopping because their son was home alone. He’s in the age range of 16-18 years old but since his mom is always at the hospital I’ve seen pizza delivery a few times which means he’s either not cooking, doesn’t know how to cook or needs groceries.
When my neighbour suggested doing her grocery shopping I had asked about if we even had a service like that in our city and she said sure we do. She doesn’t use it but she said her son and daughter-in-law use a cleaning and grocery shopping service to make their life a bit easier.
Instantly I thought, wow must be nice to be able to afford such conveniences in your life but they can since they are both highly paid professionals who are apparently good with their money, at least her son is she said.
They work long hours and the last thing they want to do is grocery shop so they went looking to order food online not knowing if you could buy groceries online for home delivery. They came across an online ad on Kijiji for personal grocery shopper who will do all your grocery shopping for you so you don’t have to wait in line-ups. How snazzy is that?
This seemed like an easier way to go because she would not only come and clean their house once a week she would also get a grocery list emailed to her and she would go to the grocery store and pick up exactly what was on the list for a small fee. The fee seemed pretty reasonable to them my neighbour says since it’s only a fraction of what they make an hour and made more sense to them.
Since she brought it up I thought it was a brilliant idea then if we asked our neighbour if she wanted us to pick up some groceries for her son so he didn’t have to eat take-out food or try to fend for himself. You can see how distraught she was as her face was just missing any life and emotion at all and although we are trying to be optimistic things aren’t looking too good for him.
There are people who do post ads online looking for someone to do their grocery shopping just like my neighbours son and daughter-in-law did and the great thing about it is people do want this service. There may be times when we might come up with a crazy idea and say, “ah nobody would want that”, but never say never because there is always someone who might need help, even if it is only grocery shopping.
I am looking for a reliable, trustworthy and hardworking individual to clean and grocery shop for my father who lives in west kildonan. We would like someone to first come to the house and do a thorough clean of everything. Afterwards we would require someone to come by once a week to keep up with the general cleaning of the house, grocery shop and put away. Possible cook one dinner as well. If you are interested and have referrals please contact me.
Personalized grocery shopping business
If you are looking for a side hustle to make a bit of extra cash this sounds like a great job as long as you factor in the gas and time as gas is not cheap these days. You also have to think about wear and tear to your vehicle with the extra trips you are making around time for this grocery delivery service.
I went hunting around Kijiji to see if I could find someone who does own a grocery shopping delivery service and sure enough she listed her fees which seemed reasonable to me.
There are many people out there that are unable to go grocery shopping for various reasons so knowing that someone does own a personalized grocery shopping service I’m sure is of great benefit to them. The rates I found in the Kijiji ad are for out West not in Ontario. If you send her grocery shopping with a grocery list that totals up to $150 you will pay her $25 for that service which I didn’t think was too bad.
Personalized Grocery Shopping Ad
Never standing in long lines again!
Spending more time at home with your family doing the things you enjoy!
How it works….
- Initial in person meeting to discuss food preferences, allergies, likes and dislikes
- Send me your grocery list via email or phone
- Together we arrange a delivery time
- I do the shopping according to your list
- You reimburse me for the groceries plus the shopping fee.
- Shopping fees…
- Grocery total up to 150=25 fee
- Grocery total 150-300=35 fee
- Grocery total 300-400=40fee
- Grocery total over 400=15% of total bill
- Fees include shopping, delivery and mileage
September grocery game recap
I will post the previous week’s grocery game here for ease of finding them each week if you need to go back and post your shops for the month.
- The grocery game challenge Sept 2-8, 2013 #1: Back to school treats for kids
- The grocery game challenge Sept 9-15, 2013 #2 : Using the produce scale
Grocery saving tips
Free Money Saving Downloads is lists that were created to get us on track to work towards reaching our budgeting goals. Get organized with a freezer inventory, meal plan, shopping list, price comparison list and much more all for FREE. I want to see you save money in your budget.
Click, Save and Print. It’s that easy
- Let Your Coupons Expire And Save Money
- Welfare Food Challenge $26 Per Week In The Grocery Budget
- What A No-Shop Week Really Means
- Should You Buy It Now Or Buy It Later?
- Stock Up On Items When You Can
- The Cost Of Organic Food
- What Foods You Should Not Eat and Organic Gardening
- Knowing Your Prices Is The Key To Saving Money In The Grocery Budget
- Product Price Adjustments Don’t Miss The Savings
- Scanning Code of Practice In Canada (SCOP)
- How To Start Saving Money On Groceries In Canada?
- How Much Should My Grocery Budget Be?
- Top Ten Ways To Cut Your Grocery Budget
- Meal Planning For The Budget
- The Grocery Game Challenge and Our Grocery Budget
- Grocery Budget Saving Tips
- Food Shopping On A Budget
- How To Grocery Shop
- Grocery Store Self-Scanners
- Food and Vegetable Preparation
- Best Time To Grocery Shop
- Organic Food Costs
- Why Shopping Hungry Is Not A Smart Idea
- Are We Eating Too Much Food?
- Discount Days and Rewards Programs
- Getting Back On Track With Food Budgeting
- Why You Should Ignore Your Grocery Flyers
- The Low-GI Diet and Your Budget
- How To Track Grocery Expenses
- Comparing Prices With a Price Comparison List
- Why Too Much Salt Is Not Good For Us
- Shopping More Than Once Per Week
- Food Samples When Shopping
- Food Waste In Canada
Food food and more food
- 4 x Black diamond cheese bars Sale $3.88
- Grapefruit Sale $2.99
- 2 dozen eggs Sale 2/ $3.00
- Red Seedless Grapes Sale $2.35
- 2x 3lb Oranges Sale $2.44
Total out-of-pocket $28.74
- 4 x Black Diamond Cheese Bars
Total out-of-pocket $15.52
Shoppers Drug Mart
- 1 x 4L Neilson Milk $3.99
Total out-of-pocket $3.99
Yearly grocery budget for two: $2819.38
- Total Grocery Budget for the Month: $235.00 or $78.33 week with one no-shop week per month or $58.75 for 4 weeks per month. (During the months with 5 weeks we just make it work)
- Total Budget For September: $234.57 which is $235.00-$0.43 overspend in August
- Total Coupons Used this Week : $0
- Total Discounts this Week: $0
- Total Gift Cards Given Used this Week: $0
- Total Rewards Points Used: $0
- Stockpile Budget: $20.00 Used $0
- Total Spent This Week: $48.25
- Total Spent So Far for September $156.07
- Total Over/Under spend this shop: $0
- Total Over/Under spend for the month of (September): $ 0
- Total Left to Spend for the Month:$11.84 left to spend in September
- Total Coupons Used This Month:$n/a
- Total to Carry Over Next Month: $0
- Total Spent To Date This Year: $206.95 (Jan)+ $160.77 (Feb) + (March)$169.62 + (April)$397.74+(May) $155.68 + (June) $216.01+ (July) $235.83 (August) $182.35=$1724.95 (does not include stockpile budget)
- Rendezvous Account: $65.38 This is money saved if there is any leftover at the end of a month of grocery shopping for a date night for the wife and I.
- Weekly Overview We didn’t need too much this week so we loaded up on cheese which we could easily have put in our stockpile budget but so far we haven’t needed to use it so we will wait. Next week should be a no-shop week or the following week so we will see if we can pull that off or if we need to get milk and a few vegetables.
This month seems fairly easy for us which is good. We need a good month after all the money we have spent in our budget this past month. There are 2 more shops left for September GGC Sept 23-29 and Sept 30- Oct 6.
Happy grocery shopping and saving everyone. Post your shop today in the comment section and get your free entry in my monthly contest (Canada only) but Grocery Game is open world-wide.
Are you NEW to Canadian Budget Binder?