You are either someone who loves tattoos or hates tattoos because they tag along with you everywhere you go.
Are you looking for a cool tattoo idea? I think I’ve just found one! At least I think I have although I may be behind with the times.
Some people don’t worry about what others think of tattoos and others have felt the wrath of discrimination just because they are “different from others when they really aren’t. We are all human with a heart after all.
I find that many people who love tattoos have them as a way to express themselves or their creative side just as a photographer might with his/her portfolio or an artist with his/her paintings etc.
The only difference is tattoos are for the most part permanent unless you want to have tattoo removal. I’ve heard it’s not only as time-consuming as getting a tattoo or worse it’s costly and painful.
Why would you want to get it removed after spending all that money to get it put on? Some people do because they make split second decisions and down the line change their mind.
A relationship might end and you have your names tattooed on your body and you want them gone, that’s understandable and probably why I’d never bother getting that done.
Tattoos have been around for years and years now and some of the best and brightest men and women in our country sport some of the most creative tattoos.
I’ve seen some pretty outrageous tattoos in my time and although I don’t have any tattoos I won’t say I’ve never thought about it. I have never really had the urge to get one done though.
Some of my friends have tattoos all over their body or tattoo sleeves on their arms and some of the ladies have tattoos. Tattoos appeal to both sexes and with a tattoo comes a potential high price tag and some pain, so I’ve heard.
I’m pretty tolerant of pain but some of the stories I’ve heard make me wonder just how “not so bad” it is. Tattoos can range in price from something reasonable under $100 to thousands of dollars especially depending on who your artist is and of course the tattoo you want done.
I’m not talking about your everyday type of advertising here for a tattoo company. Tattoo advertising goes deeper than this but potentially something that might take off, if it hasn’t already.
There are people in this world that would do just about anything for money or a freebie and with that opportunity advertisers might come knocking.
Advertising is big business and there’s not many places we go today where we don’t see .com plastered on billboards, street signs, magazines, newspapers, cups and just about everything out there.
What about the human body?
I was having my morning coffee today and reading Yahoo as always (You know I say this every weekend) when I came across this post that caught my eye. It’s not something I normally read but it was talking about tattoos, teens and McDonald’s so I just had to click on the post to read it.
I’m actually glad I did because I realized that teenagers are still making those split-second decisions and in some cases not thinking too hard about them but this one might be a golden ticket idea.
This Norwegian teen had the choice of either getting a Barbie tattooed on his butt or his McDonald’s receipt on his forearm. He of course chose the McDonald’s receipt likely because he didn’t want to be seen with a Barbie doll on his rear-end.
Who tattoos a receipt on their forearm? Someone who is willing to tattoo another on his other forearm that’s who… read on!
The tattoo establishment called Sabelink Tattoo was likely not shocked but shocked at the same time with this request, then it must have hit them.
If this teen is willing to tattoo a McDonald’s receipt on his arm would he have us tattoo our receipt to his other forearm free of cost? See, this is a business who is thinking smart and went from turning a free small tattoo idea into a marketing idea.
As long as he is old enough to consent to getting a tattoo and he accepts his free tattoo this business has a walking human advertising their business everywhere he goes.
Same goes for McDonald’s although they don’t need much in the way of advertising because even babies that can’t talk get excited when you say McDonald’s, it’s like a household name. Besides he got the McDonald’s tattoo on his own without any influence from the restaurant.
So that left me to wonder if other businesses out there would follow suit with this idea and start paying humans to do permanent tattoo advertising for them if they paid the cost of the tattoo.
I’m sure there are loads of people out there that would love to get a free tattoo and support the tattoo advertising movement. If there was some other perks involved even better or a small cash payment.
I could see this is being one of the best forms of advertising especially for those who live in warm climates and don’t have to bundle up and hide tattoos in the winter.
I mean, why not get in there and pay off some debt or get a free tattoo if they offer you cash or opportunity. I know I’m being a bit sarcastic here but the reality is there are people who will take this seriously. So if you are in the market for a free tattoo you might just get your wish but just not your choice of tattoo.
Would you consider free tattoo images with perks advertising a business on your body?
What would it take or cost them for you to take this on or consider it
If you don’t already know I have a second Facebook page online called The Free Recipe Depot where I share recipes from other Foodie Bloggers from around the world.
Once a week I pick one recipe that has been submitted as my Top Recipe of the week. Trust me when I say this is no easy task as some of these foodies can cook up a storm.
This week that recipe goes to a food blog called “Baking In A Tornado” with their Confetti Cookie Bars. When I saw it this morning I actually wished I had a big slice with my cuppa tea.
Weekly CBB posts
If you missed any CBB posts from the week here is the list of posts you can catch up on reading!
- How to keep the grass green on your side of the fence
- Are you envious of others’ success?
- What if the customer ahead of you was short cash?
- Is it wise to stay home and pay off student debts?
- Hearty Steak Bakes
- Walmart USA getting smarter with pricing
Every week I share a few of the best personal finance blog posts that I read online over the past week with all of you so please enjoy my top picks.
- Teenage Money: How to help without spoiling– The Savvy Scot
- Lessons from a 50 year old Multi-millionaire– Million Dollar Journey
- Are you letting your luxuries become needs? Prairie Eco-Thrifter
- Taking home leftovers from a formal function– Making the Bacon
- 3 Mindsets that are killing your personal finances– Everybody Loves Your Money
- The 5 Stages of Financial Grief– Our Cash House
- Disability Tax Credit: Do it yourself– Big Cajun Man
Well, that’s a wrap for this PF Friday’s Grab a brew #65. Happy budgeting and I’ll see you here again next week when I do it all over again.
Are You New To Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social Media: Twitter, Facebook , Pinterest , Stumble Upon, Reddit and Google+
- Check out my new Free Recipe Index
- If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and all my Free Money Saving Lists!
- You can now have full access to my Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide in Canada.
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #57: Will the Ontario minimum wage hike help?
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #58: Do you know the laws when travelling abroad?
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #59: Not everything online is free for the taking
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #60: Fast food restaurants are a dime a dozen
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #61: Should a landlord and tenant have basic rental responsibilities
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #62: Toddler breaks food rule of daycare and gets suspended
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #63: I want to be more successful than my father
- PF Weekly Grab a brew #64: Your minimum job might be your success