This is the best no-bake cheesecake you will ever make because it takes almost no time at all and tastes delicious.
Instead of getting frustrated in the kitchen you can focus your efforts on something else rather than dessert.
Easy desserts are not hard to come by these days as you can surf the web and find just about anything your tummy or mind desires.
The minute someone who doesn’t fancy baking reads how to make a cheesecake they turn the page because they think it’s too difficult.
I’ll say that cheesecake is a delicate recipe if you make it the traditional way but the no-bake cheesecake is really a no-fail recipe.
If you aren’t someone who enjoys baking and want to whip something up in a flash no-bake recipes are the way to go. It’s also great if you don’t have an oven where you live but still have a sweet tooth you want to satisfy.
Unlike Mr.CBB’s Cherry Cheesecake and Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake recipes you will find this one different because for one you aren’t baking it and I don’t use a traditional graham cracker crust. For those of you that don’t have graham crackers available where you live this is a great alternative for a no-bake cheesecake base.
Sometimes you get bored with making the same type of cake recipes which can be heavy after a lunch or a dinner. I have been busy in the kitchen doing my whirlwind impressions baking and cooking for what seems like thousands but it’s really just the five of us.
The other evening for dinner I made some lovely garlic and cheese polenta squares which will be coming soon to the blog as we wanted something light to go with our pan-fried Tilapia fish. My eldest had a tournament this weekend so I didn’t want him eating anything too heavy beforehand and fish is a perfect light meal.
In the end though I had to give in and make a treat as they have bugged me to make my lemon meringue pie for weeks now. Instead I made my Lemon No-Bake Cheesecake topped with some homemade rhubarb and strawberry jam that I also made this week.
No one likes to spend hours in the kitchen over the hot summer months baking even if you have central air-conditioning so the n0-bake cheesecake was perfect.
Essentially you can create any type of no-bake cheesecake from this recipe and top it with whichever flavour you fancy. The lemon just gives the cheesecake a bit of pizzazz or you can leave it out if you want it to be a plain cheesecake.
The lemons were on sale so I managed to get a big bag for $2.24 half price which is a big savings. With the rest of the lemons I will make my Homemade Lemonade for the kid’s and either slushies or freezies which are great to have on hand for these hot summer days.
What is your favourite no-bake cheesecake?
- Makes: 1 no-bake cheesecake or 6 mini no-bake cheesecakes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes for the base.
- Refrigeration time: Until cool but you can eat it right away.
- I packet instant vanilla pudding
- 1 8oz tub Philadelphia cheese
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (if you really like tangy flavour add a whole lemon)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Jam for the cheesecake topping
- For the base
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- Mix the base ingredients together in a bowl, flour, brown sugar and butter.
- Now place in a pan and stir until it comes together for about 5 minutes.
- Once it has come together scoop into base of 8″ round dish or mini dishes and press down so that there is a thin crust at the bottom.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in the bowl until it starts to become fluffy and thick.
- Take the dish/dishes out and spoon mixture over the top of the crust and smooth off the top.
- Then take some jam and spread that over the top
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve as you can eat it straight away.
There you have it a quick and easy dessert for any cheesecake lover! For extra indulgence why not place one of your favourite homemade cookies at the bottom then the cheesecake or even sprinkle with chocolate shavings on top. Mmm!
Are You New To Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social Media: Twitter, Facebook , Pinterest , Stumble Upon, Reddit and Google+
- Don’t forget to Subscribe to the blog so you get my daily email.
- If you need to get in touch with me the best way is on Facebook.
- Get every recipe from Canadian Budget Binder> Check out my new Free Recipe Index
- If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and all my Free Money Saving Lists!
- Check out my new Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide