THERE’S ALWAYS WAYS TO EARN A LITTLE EXTRA TO HELP YOUR BUDGET.
Attention anyone who likes to save money! No gimmicks, no jumping through hoops to save money and earn rewards along the way. If you’re an online shopper who loves gift cards then I’ve spotted a Deal for you over at Dealspotr. You see, I’m a Dealspotr influencer and I’m going to explain to you why you should sign up and start earning rewards towards gift cards just like I am.
I’m pretty new at this too so like you I’m learning my way around Dealspotr but so far I’m impressed with the way I can earn gift cards just for finding and validating deals. What I like the best is that I can promo code shop in one spot for my favourite stores at Dealspotr since they have an exclusive list of Canadian stores to choose from.
When I’m shopping online I can’t stand not having a promo code or a discount code when I’m cashing out of my shopping cart. If you see that box on your computer screen you know there must be a code out and I’m always determined to find it. Sometimes the discounts can be huge with the right promo code.
Typically before I shop online you’d find me trying all sorts of word combinations in Google to try and find promo codes so I can in the least get enough of a discount to cover the taxes.
I’m not always successful and to be honest I spend more time searching than I do placing the order and that can be frustrating. The worst time waster is trying to get rid of pop-ups that go with most of these sites although when I do find a code it does offset that frustration.
Most people would say, forget the coupons, sod the promo code, coupon code or discount code search and pay what the computer screen says to pay and be done with it. Easy enough but all the money you aren’t saving could have been put towards retiring early or paying down debt. Every bit helps and earning extra money online is a great way to earn rewards while you’re browsing the web anyways.
When I first heard about Dealspotr I thought it was for our American friends only to find out from their team that Canada was included. The list of Canadian stores included on Dealspotr extend from Starbucks to Home Depot all the way to Turbo Tax Canada, Walmart, Canadian Tire, Old Navy, Sears Canada and lots more.
It gets better!
Get Rewards You Love with Dealspotr
Let me introduce you to Dealspotr but after you sign up you’ll see and read so much more.
If you’re scratching your head wondering what Dealspotr is all about, sit back, relax and I’ll fill you in on all the juicy details. The juiciest being the awesome rewards you can claim just for being a frugal shopper with a keen eye for deals.
Dealspotr is relatively new but has garnered much attention as one of the top coupon code sites online for accuracy and validity. What you’ll get when you sign up at Dealspotr with my referral link is a whole new world of finding ways to save money. I love the sound of that don’t you? Save money…yes!
We’ve already saved shoppers over $15 million – people love that we have the latest, most current deal for anything or any store, anytime. Plus, by sharing deals on Dealspotr you earn rewards, it’s a great way to earn some extra cash for the holidays.
The cool thing about Dealspotr is that it is run by all of us who love to shop and save money. When you find a hot deal online what you do is enter the deal then validate the deal followed by getting rewarded with points towards gift cards. It’s up to you then to monitor the deals you load to Dealspotr to keep the website free of expired deals and so on.
How cools is that? And..no pop-ups and cheesy advertisements to get in the way.
On Dealspotr, real people who are active shoppers and who love coupons, add, edit, and curate all the deals on the site. Also, Dealspotr is run like a co-op – members earn rewards based on how successful they are in helping other members save, so there’s a real incentive for everyone to make Dealspotr an easy, comprehensive, and accurate deal resource.
If you’re interested in joining Dealspotr click-through this link and you automatically get an extra +5000 rewards points after you post your first deal and complete the simple user checklist.
Alternatively once you sign up add my personal code– CANADIANBUDGETBINDERDEALSPOTR to get the extra +5000 rewards points opportunity. <<<Free rewards points equals more money in your pocket…don’t pass that by.
This also means you’re 50% closer to redeeming your first $10 Amazon Gift Card. You’ll receive your gift card rewards via email with-in 1 to 3 days so there’s no back and forth postage and stamps for information. Easy stuff.
I’m a huge coffee drinker with an adult allowance and when I saw that Starbucks Canada was included on Dealspotr along with Home Depot and Lowe’s Canada I knew I was onto a great platform. I don’t have to go searching any longer because I’ve created my custom feed which cuts my time even further. This means when I click on my favourites feed I’ll see promos and deals from those stores exclusively.
Now that I’m all set up I’m going to find some promo codes for the last-minute Christmas gifts I’m looking to buy from Amazon and Toys R Us.
If you’re a blogger and want to become a Dealspotr Influencer like me send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will fill you in on all the details and you can pass this opportunity along to your fans after you experience just how awesome it is.
I only get limited amounts of codes so grab one while you can and start saving and earning extra money so you don’t have to spend your own.
I’m all signed up, are you?
December Grocery Game Challenge
Join in the 2016 Grocery Game Challenge (GGC) fun and post your grocery shop in the comment section of each GGC blog post. Here are the rules to get you started and where you’ll also find a link for the updated 2016 GGC schedule. Please feel free to download, save and even print the schedule so it’s handy.
New monthly prize: $10 President’s Choice Gift Card for Canadian residents only BUT If you want to play from outside of Canada and have PayPal and you win I will pay you $10 Canadian. I use a random online generator to pick the winning ballot every month.
If you missed any grocery game posts for the month I will post the line-up each week below for you so you don’t have to go looking for past GGC posts for the month. Alternatively, just click on the “Grocery Game Challenge” tab on the blog side-bar to see past posts.
December Grocery Game Posts
- Top 5 Christmas Cookies for the Budget Baker (Last shop for November)
- 4 Simple Shopping Improvements to Battle Food Price Increases GGC #1 December
Free Money Saving Tools 2016
You WILL want to check this out!
I know I blast you every which way I can on this blog about my free money saving tools and that’s because I want you to take advantage of them being FREE. So many people pay for budgets and tools on the internet to help them save money and honestly you don’t need to. Even a paper and pen will do the trick.
Click, Save and Print. It’s that easy!
This is the budget that brought us to debt freedom back in 2013 and now I’m offering to all of you for FREE. We still use this budget every month as it helps us to see our overall financial picture.
Don’t pay someone for these services, I’ve done the work for you along with some help from other amazing bloggers.
You can download the FREE Canadian Budget Binder Budget Spreadsheet in Excel…Grab it while you can… It’s FREE! We use it to budget and in large part a reason we could pay our mortgage off in 5 years, check it out!
Free Money Saving Downloads are awesome lists that were created to get us on track to work towards reaching our budgeting goals and now we are sharing them with you.
Get organized with a FREE freezer inventory, meal plan, shopping list, price comparison list and much more all for FREE.
CLICK HERE to download all the free lists and even our family budget spreadsheet. So many free resources at your fingertips.
Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide 2016
Everything you want to know about grocery shopping in Canada is packed into this amazing FREE grocery shopping guide that has taken over 4 years to create.
The Ultimate Grocery Shopping guide is ongoing with new informative money-saving posts added every month.
Even if you don’t live in Canada there are some amazing budget saving tips that will help put you on the path to more savings at the supermarket.
Share this guide with your friends and tell them about Canadian Budget Binder especially if they are struggling with their grocery budget.
The time is NOW to get started saving money on groceries so please enjoy the many money-saving posts in the The Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide.
2016 Grocery Shop Results
Yearly grocery budget for two + 1 Toddler 2016: $2820
(The above total does not include the stockpile budget of $300/year or $25/month.
Points Overview (add any other sections you need to show us your savings)
- Total Grocery Budget for this Month: $233.25
- Total Grocery Budget with any carry-overs $233.25
- Total Gift Cards used to date: $65
- Total Rewards Points redeemed this week: $0
- Total Rewards Points used to date: $0
- PC Points Plus Earned to date: 390,000
- Scanning Code of Practice (SCOP) to date $6.00
- Shoppers Optimum: Just under 850,000 Optimum points (I will update this twice a year)
Coupon Apps (add any other apps you use to save money)
- Zweet to cash out : $18.25
- Checkout51 to cash out : $22.00
Our Grocery Shop This Week
- 2 x 4L 2% Milk Sealtest $4.27
- 2 x 10% Cream $3.49 each
- Unsweetened coconut flakes $1.27
- Romaine Lettuce $1.99
- Hellman’s Mayo $3.49
- 6 x Kraft Peanut Butter Sale $2.88 ($17.28)
- 1 x Harvest Fresh Spinach $1.88
- 1 x Nutella Sale $2.88
- 3 x 1lb butter $2.97 ($8.91)
- Bananas $1.67
- 2 x Tasters Choice Instant Coffee Sale $3.88
- 6 x Lactancia Cream Cheese Sale $1.88 each ($11.28)
- 2 x bags of natural almonds Sale $2.88 each
- Fresh Mushrooms $0.99
- Hershey Chipits 2kg Sale $9.99
- 2 x mild Italian Sausages $3.99-50% off
Total Out-Of-Pocket $64.21 + $26.19 stockpile budget
- Total to spend this month : $235.00-$1.75 overage from November= $233.25
- Stockpile budget 2016 : $25.00
- Stockpile budget used this month: $26.19 over $1.19
- Total coupons used this week: $0
- Total coupons used to date: $15.36
- Total in-store discounts this week:$4.00
- Total in-store discounts to date: $511.24
- Total spent this week: $64.21
- Total spent so far this month: $195.76
- Total over/Under spend this shop: over
- Total over/Under spend for the month: over
- Total left to spend for the month: $37.50
- Total Spent To Date 2016: (does not include stockpile budget) Jan $252.95 + Feb $249.46 + March $211.11 + April $248.11 + May $279.07 + June $231.96 + July $244.40 + Aug $201.30+ Sept $238.12+ October $236.77+ November $227.30+December $
Weekly Overview (your final thoughts)
We stocked up a bit this week so we can do some Christmas baking when I’m done work for the year, which just happens to be this weekend. I didn’t get a chance to take vacation during the year so I thought I’d do it at the end of the year so we had time to spend as a family during one of our favourite times of year.
With under $40 left to spend on groceries for the month of December we should come under budget. We’ve also got about $400 in PC rewards points we could cash in too. We still have no idea what to buy with our Shoppers Optimum points. We missed the last big event as they held it on the weekend and I was working. We might just end up with a million Optimum points by the time 2017 ends. Decisions, Decisions. What would you buy?
On the blog front I received an email the other day from a fan who wants to participate in the GGC but felt confused by the rules. I’m hoping to slim down the rules page for the new year but was hoping that maybe I’d get some tips and advice from all of you who post every week.
How can I make the GGC better? Share your thoughts in the comments or email me. I appreciate all feedback and will take it into consideration. Let’s take the GGC to new heights and show the world just how challenging it can be to be frugal but conquer it.
The GGC 2016 is almost over!! Hopefully I will have a new schedule for you by the beginning of 2017 so I can update the GGC rules page and instructions on how to participate. Thanks for tagging along with us on our savings journey.
Your online savings partner,
Coupons and Coupon Apps 2016
Here are some great places you can find Canadian Coupons! These are your latest Checkout 51 offers which you can use to help save money. We’re finding less and less coupons in the stores these days. What are your thoughts? Are coupon apps taking over the paper coupons?
If you notice I’m missing a valuable link please message me and I’ll get it added to the savings list below.
Sign up for the Nielsen Canada Home Scan Program and you can earn rewards points fast to redeem for awesome products or gift cards. I did this in the UK and loved it!!
Plus check out these other hidden areas online to get more coupons!!
- Danone Coupons Get up to $25 in coupons
- Clorox Coupons Sign up to print coupons in the Clorox family which include Greenworks, Glad etc.
- Kraft Canada Sign up and receive recipes and coupons by email
- MySavings.com Printable Smart Source Coupons
- Walmart Canada Printable Coupons
- Proctor and Gamble PandG Sign up for printable coupons
- Hidden Coupon Portals You Should know about – I found this over at Save a Loonie and you’ll want to sign up for notifications and check out the site so you get notified every time a hidden coupon is available from Save.ca, Brandsaver, Smart Source etc.
Grocery Game Challenge 2016 FAQ’s
- Grocery Game Challenge RULES: Read the rules first and if you have any questions email me or comment on this post with your question and someone will answer you as soon as possible. The rules have been updated for the 2016 challenge year.
- Do I have to be Canadian to post my Grocery Shop?: No, you don’t have to be Canadian to post your shops. We have fans who post their grocery shop who live all over the world.
- What is the monthly prize and who can claim it?- The monthly prize is a $10 PC Loblaws Gift Card and for our out of country friends it’s $10 CDN via Paypal if they win. As more people join I will add more money to the gift card or I will split it up and offer 2 prizes every month.
- When does the Grocery Game close each month?: The Grocery Game Challenge closes at midnight of the last Sunday of the last post for the month but you will still get a ballot when you post your shops even if they are late but I encourage you to stay on schedule. If you choose to post monthly or bi-weekly you will only get 1 ballot for that shop. It’s a proven fact the minute we stop doing something that is scheduled that we end up forgetting to do it altogether. Don’t let that be you! You can post your shops all month-long.
- Does your Grocery Budget include health and beauty and laundry products?: No, our Grocery Budget includes such items as shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, fabric softener, dish soap etc. As of 2014-2015 we no longer include such items in our grocery budget so we can see actual food numbers at the end of the year in order to plan accordingly our budget.
- Do you stockpile food? We don’t mind stockpiling items that won’t be affected by expiry dates or have long expiry dates but not so much food any longer as we found we weren’t eating it fast enough. Stockpiling is still great and just one way to help cut your budget to save money if you do find items that you can buy in bulk at a sale price.
- Canadian Coupons:Where can I find Canadian Coupons?: Here are your latest Checkout 51 offers that you can use to help you save money in the Grocery Game Challenge. There are many great Canadian Couponing websites online that share weekly coupon match-ups so you can plan your grocery list.
- Best Coupon Apps: Coupons are slowly fading with mobile coupon apps being the big rave these days. Just recently the popular coupon site Save.ca that mailed coupons to households has gotten involved with the addition of a new mobile Save.ca app joining forces with the many other coupon apps available. If you find an app that I don’t talk about please let me know as they are always being added and I’d like to review them.
- What is the Best Flyer App- We use Flipp on our Iphone so if you wan to have all your flyers in one spot download Flipp from the Apple Store or get it on Google Play.
- What is an FPC?: An FPC is a free product coupon which means you can get a free product as described on the coupon.
- What is GGC?– The Grocery Game Challenge of course!
- How Do I Know what stores accept coupons?: If you are not sure it’s always best to call the store and ask.
- How Do I Grocery Shop?: I can tell you about grocery shopping and what we do in terms of shopping to save money and how it works for us. There are no wrong or right answers, just smart choices.
Nobody is perfect, heck we struggle with this part of our budget like many people do. This is why the grocery game challenge was created back in 2012 and is one of the most popular hang out spots for people who want to save money on groceries in Canada.
If you’ve just joined The Grocery Game Challenge 2016 get ready to look at your grocery budget by learning…
- Where you are spending money
- How much money you are spending
- How much money you are saving every month
If you want to learn everything I know about grocery shopping in Canada check out my Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide! It’s FREE!
If you know a topic that should be discussed send me an email. If I use your topic I will put your name in a draw for a prize at the end of the year.
You’ve made a wise decision to take control of your grocery budget now show me your shops and let’s get saving!
Welcome to The Grocery Game Challenge 2016!
Are You New To Canadian Budget Binder?
- Follow Me on Social media by clicking any of the buttons below on the blog.
- Check out my new Free Recipe Index
- If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and all my Free Money Saving List
- Don’t forget to Subscribe to Canadian Budget Binder by Email to get my daily email. Once you subscribe you MUST VERIFY your email account so check your spam folder and inbox for that email! By Subscribing you get all the inside scoops first plus any new finance tools and tips.
- If you notice and broken links or errors please email me or leave a comment below.
- Note some links used in this post may be affiliate links
Photo credit: Dealspotr logo via Facebook