If you’re a beginner to the keto diet or follow a gluten-free diet this Keto Mug Biscuit is for you.
What I love about the keto mug biscuit recipe is that it’s easy to make and takes 90 seconds in the microwave.
Let me show you how easy it is to make this mug biscuit.
Outrageously Delicious Keto Mug Biscuit
Even though I was reluctant I had to prove to myself that I could bake a delicious keto mug biscuit in the microwave, and I did it.
I’ve never been one for microwave recipes but there are times when I amaze myself.
So, can you make a microwave keto mug biscuit in a mug?
You most certainly can make a Keto mug biscuit in 90 seconds and the best part is you can flavour it any way you like.
How To Make Simple Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Jam
We like to add butter and homemade Keto strawberry rhubarb chia sugar-free jam that is simple to make.
Mug recipes are great because you can portion control what you want to eat so you’re not itching for another slice or two.
Mrs. CBB was hankering for some low-carb bread but we hadn’t made a loaf so she went without.
My wife without bread is like that mid-day chocolate high that softens stressed-out employees to get them through the rest of their workday.
Yes, she loves her bread but not all the carbs that come along with traditional bread made with white flour.
That’s when she asked if there was a way we could make a Keto mug biscuit in the microwave similar to the many low-carb mug cakes we’ve concocted over the past two years.
So like any good husband who wants to avoid the afternoon tummy rumbling carb rage I went to work creating this Keto mug biscuit for her.
She helped but mostly with the eating part and I did my fair share as well.
Just look at the photos of how delicious they are.
Low-Carb/Keto/Paleo Mug Recipes
Whatever way you say it this recipe has NO FLOUR, NO SUGAR, and tastes like the real deal.
Upon searching Pinterest I found many recipes for Keto mug bread, Keto bread in a mug, low-carb mug bread, low-carb bread in a mug,, and then 90-second bread in a mug.
Although making bread in a mug in 90 seconds sounds outrageous it really does work.
When you look at the shape of a mug you automatically would think something shaped like a muffin or biscuit could be created.
We had a hard time with the bread in a mug idea because every time we tried a recipe it was either like cake in a mug or a muffin in a mug.
There was no bread texture for us but what we did find is that we were able to create a Keto mug biscuit that actually looked and tasted like a biscuit/scone.
Ideally, we wanted a Keto mug biscuit that was moist and buttery which we could toast or use as a base for a keto French toast.
A few of the low-carb Keto Mug Biscuit recipes we tried this week below (I’ve eaten lots) had something special about them and something missing.
We found they were either too wet or too dry so we needed a balance to complement each other.
Through lots of trial and error we eventually both agreed on this Keto mug biscuit recipe as the best we’ve ever made.
- Almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Natural Almond Flour, 16-Ounce Package -packaging may vary) microwave bread
- Microwave coconut flour bread Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour, 453 gm
- Keto mug muffin with added Viva Naturals Organic Non-GMO Cacao Powder, 1 Pound Bag , Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso
- Keto Cheddar mug biscuit
- Low-Carb Cinnamon Mug Biscuit drenched in homemade low-carb, sugar-free butter-cream icing and topped with organic cinnamon Simply Organic cinnamon, 69 gm
- Cheddar Chive Keto Mug Biscuit
- Cheddar Chive Bacon Keto Mug Biscuit
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Mug Biscuit (this was so good)
Some of the recipes we came up with use butter, coconut oil, pumpkin oil, and avocado oil.
It’s always important for us to test low-carb ideas using the different fats we have on hand.
What we finally came up with was a basic Keto mug biscuit which is versatile so if we wanted to add cinnamon, pumpkin spice, sugar-free syrups, or even savoury fillers such as bacon, cheese, and chives it could be done.
It’s amazing how recipes can change with the slightest addition or removal of an ingredient.
Let’s take the cheddar chive bacon Keto mug biscuit where we took our basic Keto mug biscuit and added cheddar, organic chives from our garden, and crumbled bacon.
Any time you add bacon and cheese you know it’s going to taste AMAZING no matter what it looks like.
Consider though how much of the bacon and cheese you add because this will also be added fat.
What we did is added 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon and removed 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
Once you have the basic recipe for a Keto mug biscuit you’re all set.
Keto Mug Biscuit In A Flash
What else is SO awesome about this Keto mug biscuit?
You can make it on the run in just 90 seconds in a microwave!
Almost all mug cakes and bread recipes are done in the microwave and cooked in a 90-seconds.
We found that 90 seconds was the best after experimenting as it didn’t crumble.
The idea is to ensure that the biscuit is cooked but not dry so you can slice it once cool.
How To Eat A Keto Mug Biscuit
We’ve made this recipe so many times using different toppings and fillings.
Below are all of the ways we eat our mug bread.
- Toasted with butter
- Cream cheese and homemade strawberry rhubarb chia jam (sugar-free)
- Bacon, egg, and cheese
- Sausage, egg, and cheese
- Sliced, dipped in an egg mixture, and turned into Keto Mug Biscuit French Toast topped with *NEW* LAKANTO MAPLE SYRUP no sugar added a low glycemic response, Safe for Diabetics, REAL MAPLE SYRUP TASTE
We’ve found Steeves Sugar-Free Maple Syrup at Dollarama for $2.00 which is great but we now make homemade sugar-free maple syrup.
The best part is our son will eat half of a half of the keto biscuit but it has to be toasted with cinnamon, sugar, and a bit of butter.
So if you’re looking to cut back on the bread in your family learning to make simple low-carb bread recipes in any form is a great alternative.
Related: The BEST and ONLY Low-Carb Bread you will ever need! (Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free)
Keto Mug Biscuit Tips
- Use a spoon to mix it in your mug.
- Do not over-mix then flatten on top with the back of the spoon before putting in the microwave
- Run a knife around the Keto mug biscuit when it comes out of the microwave to loosen it up.
- Flip your mug over onto a cutting board to let it rest for 5 minutes to cool down the biscuit so you can do any of the above.
- If you want to slam your Keto mug biscuit in the microwave, dump, wrap, and run you can do that too. Slicing when it is hot from the microwave is not suggested but if you must take your time so you don’t damage the biscuit, add what you want to it and GO!
- For BEST results let the Keto mug biscuit cool completely.
How To Create The Biscuit Look
Just about every morning Mrs. CBB makes a Keto biscuit and sets it on the counter to cool for use at breakfast, lunch, or for a snack.
We use a large mug that doubles up as a soup bowl with a handle that we picked up at the second-hand shop for one dollar.
They always have lots in stock and give the best biscuit shape for this recipe.
If you use a standard mug you’ll get a smaller biscuit but taller. The choice is yours but we like the soup mug.
How To Make A Keto Mug Biscuit In 90 Seconds
If you enjoy a Gluten-free, Paleo, Keto, Low-Carb lifestyle you’ll likely have basic pantry ingredients for this Keto mug biscuit.
No need to melt your coconut oil and butter either.
Although most ingredients are available at the grocery store or health food stores you can also order everything online through Amazon or other Canadian low-carb online grocery services.
The best part is that it gets delivered right to your door.
Simple Steps To Make A Keto Mug Biscuit
Clean Eating Keto Mug Bread
- 1 large egg room temp
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon whey protein powder no flavour
- pinch of ground Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 11/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon room temp butter
- 1 tablespoon of whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- Put all of the ingredients in your soup mug and mix just until combined.
- Using the back of your spoon level the top of the biscuit batter.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Run a knife around the edge of the biscuit.
- Turn over onto cutting board and cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Once cool you can slice it in half or into thirds which we do. That middle slice will give you an extra treat for later.
- Ignore the cooking time you see because it won’t let me add 90 seconds so I put 2 mins in but it’s 90 seconds.
Printable Recipe- Keto Mug Biscuit
Don’t be discouraged when you change the way you eat because there are always options available for the foods you give up for whatever reason.
In this case, I have a happy wife who doesn’t have to wait around for me to help her bake a loaf of our low-carb bread which we both enjoy. Besides a buttery biscuit is always a welcome change from sliced bread.
Discussion: Have you ever made a low-carb mug biscuit and what flavours have you added?
Per entire Recipe: 4g Net Carbs each as per Atkins Carb Counter
Please share this recipe with your friends if you think they might like it and please leave a review and tell me what you think.
- Low Carb Keto baked stuffed zucchini roll
- The only low-carb keto bread you will need
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Low-Carb Keto)
- Cauliflower mash beef pie (Low-Carb. Keto)
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Low-Carb)
- Crispy Bacon Fried Lupini Beans Low Carb Keto