TIME TO GET YOUR CRUNCH-FIX WITH KETO PEPPERONI CHIPS
We’re huge fans of Buster Rhino’s flavoured Pork rinds because they are so good but for change, Keto Pepperoni Chips are the bomb.
So, we came up with a plan B, Keto Baked Crunchy Pepperoni Chips which are extremely easy to make and inexpensive.
Type Of Pepperoni
There’s no one type of pepperoni that you must use so buy the brand that you love the most.
We buy a 2kg bag of sliced pepperoni from Zehrs that is delicious and only $10 a bag and sometimes find it 50% so we stock up.
They offer mild or a hot sliced pepperoni and both are equally as delicious although we tend to lean more towards mild.
We don’t have a meat slicer of any description but if you can find the whole pepperoni and can slice it in advance freezing it.
It is an excellent money-saving option to lower your grocery budget and you’ll always have them on hand.
When slicing pepperoni it must be uniformly sliced thin or they will bake differently.
Keep that tip in mind if you go the slice- it-yourself route.
Whether it’s game day, movie night or we’re in the mood for a savoury crunchy Keto snack most often we reach for a few of our favourites;
- Everything But The Bagel Keto Crispy Flatbread Crackers
- Baked and Loaded Keto Pork Rind Nachos
- Crunchy Keto Bacon Lupini Beans
- Nuts and seeds such as roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts or walnuts
Just recently our son has been asking for microwaved salami chips which gave us the idea for Keto pepperoni chips.
So, to our son this keto recipe is all because of you!
We originally started making pepperoni chips in the microwave which you can do but nothing beats oven-baked pepperoni chips.
Either option you choose just know that you are going to have what all low-carb, keto fans want, crunch and satisfaction.
Along with our pepperoni chips, we made a layered Queso dip which mimics eating a pizza for us but without all the carbs.
You can also dip these pepperoni chips in sour cream, salsa or homemade guacamole.
We’ve also sprinkled Kernel salt n vinegar or dill pickle seasoning on them as soon as they get out from the oven.
I don’t feel bloated like my stomach is full of bread which is something I’m not a huge fan of when eating pizza.
Why make Keto Pepperoni Chips?
- Crunchy and Satisfying
- Easy, and Keto-Friendly
- Cost-effective to do it yourself
How to make Keto Crunchy Pepperoni Chips and Queso Dip
The cheesy Queso dip itself is a mixture of cream cheese, mayo, jalapeno, diced tomato, red pepper, sharp cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, minced onion, and garlic.
I then added a layer of the Queso at the bottom of a bowl, salsa on top of that, sour cream, jalapeno shredded cheddar cheese on top.
It’s that easy and now you’re ready to dip your Keto pepperoni chips.
I have three tips to offer any of you who want to make these pepperoni chips apart from the slicing tip above.
- Use a baking sheet with a Silpat Baking Mat (Set of 3 on Amazon only $18 and last forever) or parchment paper
- Use paper towel to soak up the grease
- Never cover them up, seal them in a bag or put them in a container as they will soften.
- Double Bake them for ultimate crispy texture.
If you plan to bring them to work put them in a brown paper lunch bag which I’ve found to be the best option for keeping them crunchy.
- 40 Pepperoni Slices
- Queso Dip
- 1 220g brick cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 cup Jalapeno Cheddar or strong cheddar cheese (1/2 for in the Queso the other for the top)
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno
- ½ medium tomato seeded and diced
- 1 spring onion minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 300.
- On a large baking sheet on your Silpat or parchment paper carefully lay out the 40 pepperoni slices.
- Put them in the oven for about 15 mins or until they are crispy in texture.
- Remove from oven and place paper towel over top to remove some of the grease.
- Flip each pepperoni over and do the same on the bottoms.
- If you are adding seasoning now is the time to do it so it sticks to the oil.
- Once cooled if you find they are not crispy enough you can bake them again for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Double baking is the ultimate crisp but be sure to watch them.
- When cooled add to a paper bag or plastic bag for storage.
- Queso Dip
- In a large bowl add all of the Queso ingredients apart from ½ cup of Jalapeno cheddar, 1 cup of salsa and ½ cup sour cream.
- Mix until combined then start layering in a bowl of your choice. Add some of the Queso to the bottom, a layer of salsa, layer of sour cream and top with the rest of the jalapeno or cheddar of your choice.
- Now you're ready to dip your pepperoni chips.
- Refrigerate dip up to 5 days.
There are two servings of 20 Keto pepperoni chips for this recipe at 200 calories each serving, zero carbs (read the package of the pepperoni you buy to make sure).
The Queso dip has just under 10 carbs for the entire dip at 8.4 net carbs using the Atkins Carb Counter.
Discussion: What would you dip your keto pepperoni chips in?