Below is the recipe for the BEST Keto Pumpkin Bread recipe you’ll ever make.
A slice of this pumpkin bread tastes like you’re eating a piece of pumpkin pie.
I’m not kidding when I say that I have to talk myself out of eating more than one slice.
Let me show you how I made this pumpkin recipe.
Keto Pumpkin Bread- So Moist It Melts In Your Mouth
As soon as the leaves turn colour and Autumn is upon us, just about every sweet recipe includes pumpkin of some description.
Pumpkins are always available in Ontario during September and October, so they are the star of the show.
Keto Diet Pumpkin Desserts
Making a sugar-free, gluten-free pumpkin bread was something we knew we wanted to try.
Friends and family gave the pumpkin bread a thumbs up and five-stars which made me feel good.
It is a moist, flavourful buttery pumpkin bread that melts in your mouth, so I don’t blame them.
You’ll make noises while you eat it and stare at it without even knowing you’re doing it. Ha!
I did; that’s what Mrs. CBB told me.
Other Keto Desserts Made With Pumpkin
Other keto pumpkin desserts we’ve made are below but I’ve also got many non-keto pumpkin recipes.
Baking Pumpkin Puree
What Is A Baking Pumpkin?
My father-in-law used to chop up the Halloween pumpkin that he used outside and fried it up as a squash dish.
He would add Parmigiano cheese and a marinara sauce, andaccording to Mrs. CBB, it was delicious.
It’s also a great way to use your pumpkin as long as you don’t use candles inside.
He used a light attached to an extension cord which probably not the best thing these days.
If you want to learn how to make roasted pumpkin puree I wrote a blog post about it.
Types of Ontario Pumpkins
At the end of the pumpkin season, we always buy a few extra baking pumpkins from the grocery store while they are on sale.
Common Ontario varieties include Howden, Funny Face, Connecticut Field, Prize-winner, Jackpot Hybrid, Trick or Treat and Bushkin; other varieties such as Small Sugar, Spooky and Early Cheyenne Pie are best used for cooking (e.g. pies) but can also be used for decorating. – Foodland Ontario
How To Make Pumpkin Puree
All you have to do to make your pumpkin puree is slice the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds and cover with butter.
Using a baking sheet lined with parchement paper bake the halves upside down for one hour.
Once cooled, scoop out all of the beautiful aromatic orange pumpkin flesh and store it in a freezer bag for up to a year.
When Autumn rolls around, we take our pre-made pumpkin puree out of the freezer and get to work making delicious pumpkin recipes.
Using canned pumpkin puree works as well to make this easy pumpkin bread if you don’t have any pre-done in your freezer.
Which Flour Is Best To Use For Pumpkin Bread
I made this pumpkin bread recipe a few times to find out that my best flour options were Almond Flour and Coconut Flour.
I messed around by adding in lupin flour, and that was a big fail as it sucked the life out of all the spices and was not sweet tasting at all.
When I used just almond flour, the keto pumpkin bread was too moist.
A nice mixture of almond flour and coconut flour is all you need to make a five-star keto pumpkin bread.
Don’t mess with the best when you’re looking to make healthy pumpkin bread for your keto diet.
Keto Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
This turned out to be such an amazingly moist pumpkin bread that it blew my mind away. It’s as if you are eating pumpkin pie but in the form of sweet bread.
I just happened to have some pumpkin seed oil that I bought on Amazon last year and decided to add a tablespoon into the mix.
Pumpkin oil is an optional ingredient for this recipe so don’t fret if you don’t have it in your pantry.
If not, then add one extra tablespoon of butter to your keto pumpkin bread mixture.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice
How To Make Homemade Pumpkin Spice
Also, you can use homemade pumpkin pie spice,, which is relatively easy to make provided you have all of the spices in your pantry or buy a pre-made pumpkin spice.
Add 1 tablespoon of equal parts of all the spices above and mix together.
Keto Pumpkin Bread Ingredients List
- Pumpkin Spice Mix
- Pumpkin Puree Canned or from Baking Pumpkin (we used baking pumpkin puree)
- Almond Flour – We used Kirkland Almond Flour which you can buy on Amazon or at Costco Canada
- Coconut Flour
- Erythritol Sweetener, Swerve or keto-friendly sweetener of choice but make sure to blend it in a coffee grinder if granules
- Sukrin Gold or Swerve Brown Sugar or add extra Erythritol or keto-friendly sweetener of choice
- Pumpkin Oil (Optional)
- Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Aluminum Free Baking Powder or Reg Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Seeds (Optional)
- Walnuts (Optional)
- Sunflower Seeds (Optional)
- Almond Slices (Optional)
- Krisda or Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Two Varieties Of Pumpkin Bread In One
I thought I would be artistic with this sugar-free pumpkin bread and have one half plain pumpkin bread and the other a pumpkin chocolate-chip pumpkin bread.
Most importantly, both sides were equally delicious, and it’s also an option if you have a chocolate lover in the house like myself.
Pumpkin Bread Key Notes
On the top of the pumpkin bread, I added pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds just before putting the bread in the oven.
However, I did cover the top of this easy pumpkin bread with aluminum foil to not burn the nuts.
Around the last 10 minutes of baking, I took the foil off to let the top bake to a golden brown.
As a result, the pumpkin bread was perfectly baked.
Also, if you don’t have keto-approved sweetener but have Jordan’s Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice syrup,, you can substitute with that.
The best place to find your sugar-free syrups are at Winners, Marshalls and Homesense in Canada for around $5.99 a bottle.
Kitchen Tools To Make Pumpkin Bread
- 9×5 Loaf Pan – An essential pan in every kitchen and this loaf pan works great. We used a ceramic loaf pan but any will do.
- Parchment Paper – It’s essential for every kitchen with a baker to have parchment paper to prevent sticking to pans
- Mixing Bowl – Always keep a large mixing bowl on hand so you have room to mix the ingredients freely
- Aluminum Foil – I like to keep the aluminum foil on hand for all-purpose cooking and baking in the oven.
How To Store Pumpkin Bread
Printable Recipe Below
You can store the pumpkin loaf on the counter for a few days, but it never lasts that long in our house.
If you think you won’t eat it that fast,simply, simplyput it in your refrigerator for up to a week.
I’ve made this recipe more than a few times this year, and to savour it.
I slice it and then freeze it so I don’t eat it all in a few days.
We take out a slice any time we want one and let it defrost for 10 minutes.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink salt ground
- 1/4 cup of Sugar-Free Brown Sugar Sukrin Gold or Swerve
- 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin oil or add 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin spice or
- 1 tablespoon each Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a piece of aluminum foil to lightly cover over the top of a 9×5 loaf pan before baking to prevent burning
- Butter and line your loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl cream the butter, vanilla, and sweeteners together until fluffy.
- Add the 4 eggs, mix to combine well
- Next, add the pumpkin puree and mix well
- In a separate bowl add your dry ingredients, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add any nuts or sugar-free chocolate chips if you’d like and mix
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until brown.
- Cover with tin-foil for 45 minutes and then for the last 10 minutes take it off to brown the top.
- Check with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean signaling the bread is fully baked.
- Let cool add a sugar-free glaze or icing if you prefer then slice into 8 pieces of keto pumpkin bread.
Pumpkin Bread Nutrition
The nutrition below is for the pumpkin bread with sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds only.
4 Net Carbs per slice, 6g Fibre, 2 g sugar, 220 calories per slice = loaf is eight slices
Discussion: What optional ingredients do you like with your pumpkin bread? Icing, Nuts, Chocolate Chips? Leave me a comment below.