Enjoy The Sweetness Of Homemade Keto Condensed Milk
Finding a keto condensed milk alternative at the grocery store might be tough so your next best option is to make it.
If you want to make a keto condensed milk recipe at home it’s actually fairly easy to do with only 3 ingredients.
Typical condensed milk that you purchase at the grocery store is made from evaporated milk, sugar and lactose.
They use the same method to make condensed milk as I have below to make my keto, l0w-carb condensed milk recipe.
The only difference is you’ll get 12g net carbs per tablespoon and 12g of sugar, ouch!
Let’s stick to making our condensed milk without all the added sugars.
Ways To Use This Sugar-Free Condensed Milk Recipe
- On or in your keto cakes or cheesecake (If you cook it long enough it will turn to a golden caramel)
- In your bullet-proof coffee as a sweetener
- Drizzled on your Keto Chaffle Waffles
- Mixed in or on your Keto-Icecream
- As an ingredient in a Keto Baked Good (see my keto recipe index for lots of ideas)
Keto Condensed Milk Recipe 3 Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (organic butter is best or Kerrygold butter which is not sold in Canada)
- 2 cups 35% Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup ground sweetener of choice (I used Allulose and Erythritol)
If you want to make a keto dairy-free condensed milk substitute the heavy cream for a can of good coconut cream.
Update: Also, you can leave out the butter for the dairy-free version.
If you notice the ingredient list in regular condensed milk they don’t use butter however I did to make it silkier.
We’ve done this before when we’ve run out of heavy cream and it turns out wonderful.
Best Types of Keto Sweeteners
The Diet Doctor has a great article about the various types of keto sweeteners on the market if you are unsure of which to choose.
We have all of these in our keto pantry and use them in our keto recipes all of the time.
For this sugar-free condensed milk recipe, I used a mix of allulose and erythritol that I put through our electric coffee grinder.
The reason for this is so I didn’t end up with any crystals as I wanted a smooth condensed milk recipe.
You can find more info at: How Much Does The Keto Diet Cost
- Monk Fruit
- Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar
- Swerve Brown Sugar
- Xylitol (low-carb)
- Bochasweet U.S.A only
If you want to add a hint of vanilla to your keto condensed milk add 1 tablespoon while you are simmering it in the pot.
How To Make Keto Condensed Milk
All you need is a good heavy medium to a large pot or a largefrying pan along with a spatula or wooden spoon and you’re set.
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter or organic butter
- 1/2 cup of ground erythritol and allulose or pick a keto-approved sweetener of choice
- 2 cups of heavy cream 35% only or 1 can of coconut cream if you want dairy-free
- Optional: 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat your pot or pan on medium before you add the ingredients.
- Once heated add your butter and sweetener and mix until combined
- Slowly whisk in your cream and bring to a soft rolling boil then reduce the heat to 4 or 5 low-medium
- Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon constantly until you have a thick, smooth and silky condensed milk
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator or use right away or once it cools
You may find if you refrigerate your keto condensed milk that it solidifies which is normal.
If you have a raging sweet tooth it may taste like condensed milk fudge.
I’m just warning you how tempting it is because I’ve tried it.
Simply sit your jar of keto condensed milk in a pot of water and boil on medium until it liquifies again.
You’ll need to stir it up after it’s done to combine the ingredients.
You can also add a tablespoon to your coffee in the morning to jazz it up.
Keto Condensed Milk Nutrition
- 1.35g net carbs in 2 tablespoons
- 18.43g of fat
- 193 calories
Disclaimer: Please remember I’m not a nutritionist just a home cook so use at your discretion.
Discussion: What would you use your sugar-free condensed milk recipe for?
Leave me your comments below as I’d love to hear your feedback.
If you do try my recipe please leave me a comment and rate it. 🙂