Celebrate Valentine’s Day 2021 With Optimism and Love
This year’s celebrations for Valentine’s Day 2021 and Family Day 2021 will be unique for our family.
The Covid-19 pandemic has created deep emotions, death, and financial crisis for people worldwide.
First off, we miss seeing our family even though we go on zoom or messenger video to see them.
However, we have to be optimistic about current life changes and finding different ways to do things.
It’s similar to when you don’t have enough money for your budget you have to cut things from the list.
That’s what holidays have been like for everyone last year with Covid-19, with a little fewer celebration vibes.
People are all dealing with situations that they never dreamed of so even a phone call might make someone’s day.
Valentine’s Day 2021 At School Changed
Valentine’s Day 2021 was nothing like last year at least for our son who was in senior kindergarten.
He was so happy writing Valentine’s Day cards and Valentine’s Oreo Cookie Pops for his classmates.
When we got home he dumped his backpack out in the living room and pulled out a decorated brown paper bag.
I asked him if he decorated the bag and he said yes with a big smile.
Inside he was excited to read Valentine’s messages he received along with school supplies, chocolate, and candy treats.
For Valentine’s Day 2021 there were no cards, candy, and no excitement when he came home on Friday.
This year the school did not allow the kids to bring Valentine’s cards, gifts, and homemade snacks for the class.
Our son was broken-hearted because he saw Valentine’s Day, chocolates, flowers, and cookies at the grocery store.
Valentine’s Day 2021 Is Family Day Part 1
This year Valentine’s Day 2021 will be Family Day part 1 where we do things just like he would have at school.
Then come Monday, February 15th it’s another holiday from school we still have to organize.
I’m pretty sure there will be sledding involved, walk up to the shop for hot coffee and hot chocolate.
Our Family Day 2021 wouldn’t be complete without a Pizza from his favourite pizza shop.
Our Valentine’s Day 2021 Agenda:
Recipe: Oreo Cookie Valentine’s Day Pops
- Put a stick into the cream of the cookie, dip in your favourite melted chocolate, and set on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with Valentine candy hearts.
We’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day 2021 without incorporating major costs into our budget.
For one, Mrs. CBB and I do not exchange gifts which is a big saving.
I got the talk from her saying that I better not bring her home flowers or a card for us.
It’s not about the $20 price for the Roses because she loves flowers. After all, we are crafting our love this year.
Even though our son didn’t get Valentine’s fun like he has had the past two years we won’t make him miss it.
Everything about Valentine’s Day 2021 will be for our son, family, and love for everyone around the world.
- Dressing in pink and red and putting a King’s hat craft on that he made at school
- Mixed Colour Cupcakes with multi-color frosting We will change the cupcake and frosting colours to red, white, and pink.
- Build a cool snowman to enter a school contest
- Fluffy Pancake Breakfast with Maple Syrup
- Craft time will be each of us making Valentine’s cards inside for each other and putting them in paper bags that we decorated.
- Painting rocks red, white, and pink and putting them in a bowl for a centerpiece
- Family walk around the neighborhood to get some exercise
- Calling grandma and grandad in the UK
- Lunch is keto homemade pizza with fathead dough and regular Italian pizza dough and
- Dinner grilled cheese (he loves both)
- Bedtime stories and wake up to Family Day
5 Frugal Valentine’s Day 2021 Recipes
Below are some of my favourite Valentine’s Day recipe picks for our family and perhaps yours.
One of the most popular Valentine’s cookies on CBB is the Queen of heart Jam-Filled cookies.
If you’re Keto, gluten-free, low-carb, or Paleo these simple Keto Cinnamon Cookies
1. Fluffy Pancakes With Maple Syrup
Recipe- Pillow Fluffy Pancakes
2. Two Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
3. Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Recipe: Disney Grilled Cheese
4. Cauliflower Tomato Soup With Bacon
5. Homemade Pizza
Recipe: Homemade Pizza
Shape your pizza like a beautiful Heart and add your favourite toppings.
Discussion: What are your plans for Valentine’s Day with the kids or your partner? Any changes from last year?
Drop your comments below for me and other CBB friends to read and reply to.
RECENT BLOG POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
If you have a blog topic you’d like to submit email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may notice below that I’ve stopped adding the home and blog update.
I’ve done this because it’s now in my bi-weekly newsletter only for subscribers.
The bi-weekly newsletter comes straight to your email, but only for subscribers.
You’ll find exclusive updates about the blog and CBB home life including photos and exclusive contests.
RECENT BLOG POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
- Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
- Our Family Budget For January Plus Meet The Budget Challengers for 2021
- Definitive Guide To Window Replacement and Your 2021 Budget
THOUGHTS CORNER BY MR.CBB
Whatever you do in life follow your heart with your career, family, relationships, goals, and dreams, etc.
The time might not be right and if that’s the case eventually you’ll find your way back to where your heart wants to be.
Frugal Seasonal Recipe Pick By Mr.CBB
I found this spinach and ricotta stuffed pepper recipe served with roasted grape tomatoes and rice on Lil Luna website.
This easy recipe is vibrant and I bet it tastes so good as I love ricotta and spinach or even rapini would be awesome in place of.
SATURDAY SEARCH TERM GIGGLES
These are keywords that readers typed into their search engine and landed on this blog.
I get quite a few of these every single day and pick some of the best to feature right here.
- What can I do to make my girlfriend happy on Valentine’s Day If I’m Broke – The fact that he/she googled that, awe.
- How do you start a letter that you really didn’t want to write – brainstorm what you want to talk about and write it.
- Can stores resell food that you returned? – As long as you’ve eaten half. I believe but could be wrong that they are reimbursed from the product supplier based on what the issue was with the returned product and then it goes in the bin.
- Where to buy BIG SIZE food in Canada – haha! Try Costco it’s your best bet and some grocery stores have family size products but I’d head to the BIG C.
Thanks for your continued support of CBB and for listening to me ramble about our financial journey.
Happy Valentine’s Day CBB Friends. x