IT’S HALLOWEEN PARTY TIME FOR THE KIDS AND I’VE GOT A PLATTER OF BAT-FILLED SPOOKY RICE KRISPIES TREATS.
All the kid will scream three cheers for Spooky Halloween Oreo Rice Krispies Treats because they are delicious.
Can you see the Oreo bats in between the layers of gooey marshmallow Rice Krispies? I can and they are so good.
Kids Halloween Party Treats
Halloween is just around the corner and last-minute party invites were coming in from parents hosting a ghostly goblin party.
No problem but when we go to a party we like to bring something along with us so we opted for something we know the kids would love, Oreos and Rice Krispies.
Since we live with a picky two-year-old eater I opened up my creative side for these Oreo Rice Krispies Treats and coloured them orange with Wilton Icing Colour.
If you have kids who are allergic to synthetic dyes you can opt for all-natural dyes or leave the colour out.
I honestly wasn’t sure if our son would like the Oreo Rice Krispies Treats however he devoured them.
I always smile when someone eats my food especially when it it’s our son and he loves it or asks for more.
Spooky Halloween Rice Krispie Squares
When I decided to add the Oreo cookies my idea was that they would symbolize bats as I mentioned above.
Call me crazy but that was my over-worked tired, creative mind coming to my rescue.
If you stare at them you can envision the bats floating through the Oreo Rice Krispies Treats. At least I did.
Anyways, if you can’t don’t worry they still taste good.
I’ve seen Rice Krispies Treats turned into orange pumpkins for Halloween which are also a great treat idea.
Oreo Cookie Flavours
There are several Oreo flavours so if you aren’t keen on the original chocolate flavour then you can switch it up with one that you enjoy.
New Oreo flavours tend to be a hit because they are different and the kids like to try new treats all the time.
- Peanut Butter Cup Oreos
- Double Stuff Oreos
- Birthday Cake Oreos
- Toasted Coconut Oreos
- Mini Oreos are great for the kids.
If you don’t want to make these Oreo Rice Krispies Treats for Halloween you can add whatever food colouring you’d like to the cereal mixture, top with coloured sprinkles, chocolate icing or even add peanut butter to the mix.
There are so many variations of this marshmallow treat square that no matter what you choose the kids will eat them.
Shortbread cookies in the shapes of pumpkins, witches and ghosts are often a smash hit with the kids because they love cookies especially ones that are decorated with coloured icing.
I knew that other parents would likely bring cookies so I went the cereal bar route.
I’m glad I did because the huge plate of Oreo Rice Krispies Treats came back empty.
How to make Spooky Halloween Oreo Rice Krispies Treats
Reducing Food Waste At Home
When I cut the Oreo Rice Krispies Treats I kept them small so the kids could handle them easily and to reduce food waste.
Anytime our son eats something that is too big he ends up throwing it in the trash, tosses it in the air or forgets about it.
To combat food waste in our house we’ve started to make smaller portions of food and cutting treats into smaller bite-size pieces.
You know it really does make a difference and will help with food costs especially if your grocery budget is tight.
We’re still working on it but we’re getting there with our little guy who still thinks food is art.
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 6 cups of mini marshmallows
- 5 to 7 drops orange food colouring
- 2 cups of crushed Oreo cookies with chunks
- In a pot add the butter and marshmallows and stir until melted and a gorgeous silky marshmallow sauce is created.
- Add in the cereal and mix quickly
- Add in the Oreo cookies and food colouring and blend in gently until everything is coated
- Grease a 9x13x2 inch baking pan and quickly pour the mixture in and spread with a buttered spatula, parchment paper or wear kitchen gloves to press tightly into the pan making sure to get all the edges.
- Let cool completely at room temperature, cut into 24 small squares and serve to the Halloween goblins.
Now that I’ve found my last-minute Halloween Costume and these Oreo Rice Krispies Treats are made all we have left to do is carve the pumpkins and head to the kids Halloween party today.
Happy Halloween everyone!!
If you like FREE then click this link for my FREE Excel Budget Spreadsheet and lists.
- Crispy Italian Eggplant Parmigiana Appetizers (Keto, Low-Carb)
- Creamy Tomato Bacon Salad (Keto, Low-Carb)
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Keto, Low-Carb)
- Cauliflower mash beef pie (Keto, Low-Carb)
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Keto, Low-Carb)
- The Best Chocolate Zucchini Brownies (Keto, Low-Carb)
- Deep-Fried Homemade Pickles (Keto, Low-Carb)