A simple Creamy Keto Breakfast Casserole is a meal eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
You’re going to love how easy this keto casserole is to make and the bonus cheese pull.
The coolest part about this keto recipe is minimal cleanup and it’s quick and easy.
Below find step-by-step instructions on how to create a keto breakfast casserole just like this.
You will also find alternatives for those of you who want to change up the recipe.
Keto Breakfast Casserole Leftovers
I’m pretty sure you’ll find this keto breakfast casserole is filling but you could add roasted radishes on the side.
Radishes are the “potato” of the ketogenic diet or if you’re not keto add potato tater tots or hash browns.
Don’t you just love to come home after work or for those of you who from home and relax?
Forget about cooking and take a day off from the kitchen apart from serving up food.
If there’s a recipe we enjoy is one with leftovers for the next day so we don’t have to cook.
In addition, Meal prep Sunday works for lots of people but not for others who bulk cook.
Bulk cooking is simply making a big batch of one recipe and eating for the next few days.
There’s a meme that states that when mum takes out the big pot you know you’re eating leftovers for a few days.
To be fair, that’s what most people did and still do today to keep grocery costs down.
In general, people also like to take one recipe and switch it up the next day.
For example, one CBB friend makes a Sunday roast and the next day makes Shepherd’s Pie, a.k.a Cottage Pie.
For that reason, we meal plan in our household along with buying grocery flyer specials.
How To Make Keto Breakfast Casserole
Although the word ‘breakfast’ is in the recipe title there are no rules when it comes to eating.
Eat what you want, when you want and enjoy it.
As mentioned you can eat it for any meal and sometimes I’ll eat it cold or heated up.
Unless your a condiment lover this keto breakfast casserole doesn’t need any extra flavour.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Spray or grease an 8×11 glass or ceramic baking dish
- Serves 6
- Time: Prep 30 minutes Bake 35-40 minutes until the cheese is browned and the eggs cooked
Keto Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- 12 large eggs
- 4 cups of uncooked baby spinach leaves or 1 frozen package defrosted squeezed to get all of the water out.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (Best price at Costco)
- 4 cooked breakfast sausages (we buy ours at Costco Canada).
- 1 tbsp butter to pre-fry the breakfast sausages
- 1 500g container of ricotta cheese (we buy ours at Costco)
- 4 cups of shredded pizza mozzarella cheese (we only use Saputo from Costco)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup cubed pre-cooked Ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano to sprinkle over top the ham (best price is at Costco)
Step-By-Step Keto Breakfast Casserole Preparation
- In a large bowl crack 12 large eggs, ricotta, spinach, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano (best price is at Costco)
- Mix well until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Lightly fry the 4 sausage patties with butter until browned and set them at the bottom of the baking dish
- Pour the egg mixture over top the sausage patties and level it with your spatula
- Add sliced mushrooms over top (any variety you like)
- Top with 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add the ham cubes and lightly press bury them into the cheese
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and the eggs are cooked.
- Top with tented tinfoil if you find it’s browning too much on the top.
Alternative Ingredients For the Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Equally, adjust with cooked minced beef, turkey, pork, lamb instead of the sausage patties
- Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese in place of 2 cups of mozzarella (mix it up)
- If using frozen spinach you must squeeze the water really well or it will become watery
- Instead of spinach use cooked broccoli rabe also known as rapini
- Add pre-cooked gluten-free, grain-free sausage links in place of the ham or sausage patties
- Just eggs, spinach, and cheese works by removing the sausage patties and ham
As well, you can add and remove ingredients so you’re not always having the same keto recipe.
Discussion: Let me know in the comments below what you would add to this recipe or take away.
Have a great day.