Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Today I will fill your stomach with the world’s best tuna pasta salad recipe.
Trust me on this one, CBB friends, because I’ve made it a bazillion times.
We try variations of easy cold pasta salad recipes but often settle for the classic cold tuna pasta salad.
The Best Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe In The World
When we lived together in a room after I moved to Canada, we made a massive bowl of pasta tuna salad every three days.
I’m not joking either since we did not want to be in the kitchen when the owner was home.
Making cold foods and storing them in our basement refrigerator was far easier without heating them.
Tuna pasta salad is perfect for picnics, parties, potluck, or a frugal backyard barbeque.
When summer comes, we want tasty recipes that we can make ahead that fit our grocery budget.
Since we are invited to many summer bbq parties, creating recipes that are easy to transport is also essential.
Tuna pasta salad and a massive Caesar salad are two of our famous recipes that everyone raves about.
Variations of Tuna Pasta Salad
Some of my favourite variations of tuna pasta salad may seem odd, but they taste good.
We start with a basic tuna salad and then dress it up with pasta, seasonings, and mayo.
- Tuna Pasta Salad with Peas and olives
- Cold Chicken Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad with Bacon and Cheese
- Cold Tuna Noodle Salad using noodles such as spaghetti
If you do not like the Hellman’s or the Miracle Whip, make homemade mayo or use more or less of the other.
Remember that you’re making the world’s best tuna pasta salad, so stick to the recipe so you taste how good it is.
Pasta Varieties For Pasta Salads
Classic tuna pasta salad is made with elbow pasta, but I’ve made it with various varieties, especially when it’s on sale.
Another cool variation is changing the pasta type, such as using bow-tie pasta, penne, rigatoni, tube, etc.
You are not limited by the pasta you use, as it works with any dry pasta.
I’ve done this often, making it seem like you are eating a completely different pasta salad.
Pair this delicious summer salad with a BBQ steak, salmon, hotdog, or burger.
Remember, according to my family and friends, this is the world’s best tuna pasta salad.
How To Make The Best Tuna Pasta Salad
Printable Recipe Below
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Spoon
- Large Pot to boil Pasta
- Cheese Grater
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- 1x 500 g package of Elbow Pasta (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt for the pot of pasta water
- Add water according to package instructions
- 3 cans of solid white tuna
- 2 cups of Hellman’s Olive Oil Mayonnaise or homemade mayonnaise
- 1 Cup of Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt (for the salad)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup of chopped green spring onions
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 cups of shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 medium tomato chopped (remove the seeds)
- 2 medium grated carrots
- 2 chopped medium dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 cup cooked green peas (optional, but I used it for my recipe)
- Sprinkle paprika before serving for colour and flavour (optional)
- In a large pot with salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente only, then strain in your colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, prep all of the vegetables and set aside
- Grate the cheddar and asiago cheese and set aside in a bowl.
- Chop pickles into small bite-size pieces and set them aside in a bowl.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, then put the hot pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients, including the spices and lemon juice, apart from the shredded tuna, Yogurt, Miracle Whip, and Hellman’s mayonnaise. In a separate bowl, shred the three cans of tuna, then add it to the pasta.
- After mixing the tuna, add the Miracle Whip, yogurt, and Hellman’s to ensure everything is covered and creamy.
- Taste the tuna pasta salad for seasoning and add more salt or pepper if desired. It’s best to add more than to add too much.
- Place Plastic wrap on top and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until chilled, then serve.
- Garnish with sprinkled smoked paprika to bring out the colour in the dish before serving.
Discussion: What ingredients would you add to your tuna pasta salad recipe?
Find recipes on CBB at the Free Recipe Depot, including Keto, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, and Sugar-Free recipes.
- Mr.CBB’s Fudgy Brownies! $5 a pan!
- Nonna’s Meatballs and Pasta Sauce
- Mr.CBB’s Pasta Frittata Pie with Spicy Italian Sausage $9