Mr.CBB’s Saturday Weekend Review
Saturday comes so fast and for some it’s the weekend of fun and pleasure and for others like me it’s a bit of both work and pleasure.
With Hurricane Sandy in the midst we brace for a wet weekend and upcoming week.
Canadian Hurricane Centre says we won’t see the worst of Sandy until next week when it hits us in Ontario. Lots of rain already, and it still keeps on coming.
This past week I was back in the yard hopefully for the last clean up of the year. You know when you get your lawn looking just right, no leaves then a gale of wind comes and dumps another load.
Well, that’s how my lawn looked a couple of days after all the work I did the previous week. Meh, I’m never going to get through my to-do list but at least I’m doing it.
The Welfare Food Challenge is over but The Grocery Game Challenge I hold each Tuesday is still on.
We continue to eat some amazing food here in the CBB home that doesn’t cost alot out-of-pocket like ginger lemon mushroom chow mein noodles topped with lemon pepper fish. Keep checking in each Sunday as I post the next frugal recipe that I create.
Today I’m trying my hand at witches fingers for Halloween. Mrs. CBB has made them for years now and I’ve helped her the past 3 years.
This year it is my turn to make them for the friends and family that will pop around for a scary night of fun on Wednesday for some trick or treating, scary movies and good food. No it’s not a party.. we don’t dress up but we like to make a fun night out of Halloween.
I will post the recipe and pictures tomorrow!
What’s Been Happening at Canadian Budget Binder
What a busy week at the blog it has been. (Click Click) This week Canadian Budget Binder surpassed all recent highs with the site analytics. (Oh Ya Baby) Our views and clicks for the week were well into the thousands. (Bring it On) CBB also managed to pick up 77 NEW Blog Subscriber Fans and over 100 new fans on Facebook.
(CBB’s House is like Family) I wonder if I rap this blog resume for Ellen DeGeneres she will hire me haha! Probably not, it’s rubbish, but I just Love that woman, she makes the world go round. We should all love life like Ellen! Good Luck to her new hire~
We have a line-up of guest posts coming your way so please be patient if you submitted one as my spots have dwindled down to 3 per week now.
I promise I will get there and showcase all the good stuff I have backed up in my line-up. In the next week I will have our Budget and Net Worth Update coming your way and I’m hoping to hear what you have to say. Would you Invest the money or pay off the mortgage?
That’s all that’s happening here so keep a watch out.. never know what bomb I will drop next and no not the smelly type!
Canadian Budget Binder’s Weekly Post Recap
- Why Canadians Love Free Product Samples (TOP POST)
- What Products To Stockpile For Maternity Leave
- The Grocery Game Challenge Oct 22-28,2012-Welfare Food Challenge Final Thoughts
- Reader Question: Is It Savvy To Cash In My RRSP’s To Pay Off Debt
- Mr.CBB’s Tomato Minestrone Soup
What People Searched to Find Canadian Budget Binder on the Web
Search terms of the week are really a hoot! Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure.
What are you saying about them?
Any typos below are simply the person who searched who made the error or me
Top 10 How we found Mr.CBB>>>>>>
Mr. CBB’s Top Pick- Old Men Taste Like Pumpkins! I don’t even know what to say to this.. do you?
- car– Nice to see such a small word drove someone to my blog… no pun intended… ok, a little haha
- Old Man Beach Long distance- Lots of old man talk this week I guess
- You have to start giving to know how much you can Quotes– How much you can What?? I can fill that in with all sorts of nice and nasty things *but I won’t*.
- Lettuce and Egg Sandwich– I presume they were looking for a photo and not a recipe. Not much recipe to an egg and lettuce sandwich now is there. Take the lettuce and put it on the slice of bread. Take the egg and put it on top of the lettuce. Add the second slice of bread.. there you have it! A Lettuce and Egg Sandwich.
- Can you put camel inside of a muffin– Hmm I’m going with no, although if you meant caramel, then yes.
- Wire Strainer like Nigella Uses– Yep anything Nigella is good for me.
- How To Get Into Debt– EASY.. SPEND MONEY>>> LOTS OF IT! Trick question I bet… uh huh.. yup!
- How Much Does A Bag of Hickory Sticks Cost At 7/11 with 5% tax- Let’s just take a wild guess and go with under $5. lol
- OSAP Pepsi VIP- This must be the new name for student loans
- Why Can’t I own a Canadian– A Canadian What? Bird? Skunk? Raccoon?
- Canadian Budget Binder- The Saturday Weekend Review #1 (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- What Kind Of Spender Are You? (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Get Out Of Bed And Make That Change (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- September 2012 Canadian Budget Binder Family Budget Update (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Can a Spender and a Saver Work Together? (ally.com)
Photo Credits: 123RF