Easy Cheddar And Chive Biscuits Fresh and Hot From Your Oven
Plain British biscuits/scones are delicious but you must try my hot from the oven cheddar chive biscuits with salty butter.
I love a nice sharp cheddar cheese as does the rest of the family which is why I chose to add cheese and chives to a classic British recipe.
We often buy cheese on sale and freeze it so we always have cheese in the house especially for baking or just to snack on.
You may find that when you freeze cheese that it crumbles when you defrost it but it tastes the same.
Grating your cheddar cheese before you put it in the freezer is definitely an option.
Herbs and Biscuits
My garden is now in full bloom with my veggies growing at extra speed with all this rain we’ve been getting.
My chives have done exceptionally well considering I’ve left them out all winter long.
Mind you it’s pretty hard to kill chives, spring onions, and garlic which is why I always grow it.
I have already cut them about 3 times and they continue to produce for me which is never a bad thing.
I’m sure if I take them in over the winter with my luck things would be different.
Easy Cheddar Chive Biscuits
Tonight I am making my bruschetta pasta salad and these cheddar chive biscuits to go alongside this dish.
Pairing the biscuits with my bruschetta pasta salad brings out the full flavor of the cheesy biscuits.
I make these cheddar chive biscuits quite a bit as they go with just about any meal as a side dish.
My family enjoys them hot or cold with soup, salad, pasta or even heated with a bit of marmalade carrot jam.
I have even made cheddar chive biscuits and topped it on a creamy chicken dish or even on a pot of beef stew.
The list is endless of what you can add into these cheddar chive biscuits.
I like to put in jalapenos to spice them up and even sun-dried tomatoes just to give it an extra twist of flavour.
You know me, I love to experiment with the texture and flavours of foods I create.
Related: If you love bagels check out my bagel recipe and add in the above flavours to make a delicious snack.
How to make Cheddar and Chive biscuits
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ cup chilled unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk or butter milk
- 1 cup chopped chives
- Blend all of the first 6 ingredients until well blended.
- Then add butter until it resembles coarse bread crumbs
- Add cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Now add milk in gradually mixing in between until it comes together
- Divide equally and put into standard greased muffin tins.
- Bake until golden brown in colour.
There you have it an easy biscuit recipe to have on hand to accompany any meal whether it’s a salad or a meat dish or even to freeze for those unexpected guests that come around to visit.
- Get every recipe from Canadian Budget Binder> Check out my new Free Recipe Index
- Check out my new Ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide
Other CBB Recipes