If you like lemon cheesecake get ready for a burst of flavour in these delicious Lemon Cheesecake Stars that are easy to eat with one hand.
I bet you can’t stop at just one.
I didn’t want to make lemon cheesecake bars which are also great for snacks so I opted for lemon cheesecake stars.
If you want a simple cheesecake recipe that will deliver on quality and flavour but don’t want to make the full cheesecake these little lemon cheesecake stars are a 10+.
It’s been busy this last month for my family with registration for football and soccer in full swing.
It won’t be long before our weekends are booked up too which means I’ll be packing lots of lunches and plenty of snacks to take along with us on the road.
I wanted to create something with lemon since I love lemon desserts if you haven’t noticed by the few I’ve already shared on Canadian Budget Binder. Mr. CBB has shared a few as well and clearly you can see how popular lemon or citrus is in the UK.
- Lemon Shortbread
- Lemon Biscotti
- Lemon Fridge Cake
- Lemon No-Bake Cheesecake
- Stuffed crepes with lemon and yogurt
- Lemon Citrus Syrup Yogurt Cake
- Homemade Lemonade
- Close to Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- Lemon-Lime Cheesecake Brownies
The kids are about to finish school for summer break so they have asked me if they could take in some of their favourite, Lemon Cheesecake Stars.
I always like to bake something sweet as I think it’s a great way to end the school year. They have games, hotdogs and treats on the last day so I’m sure the Lemon Stars will be a hit.
The Lemon Cheesecake Stars have a sweet, lemon pastry which is light and fluffy plus an easy dessert to make when you want something to stand out but you don’t have lots of time to spare. The Lemon Cheesecake Stars are more like a bun with a luscious chunk of cheesecake inside.
The Lemon Cheesecake Stars start with a simple dough mix that can be used for a number of other delicious treats like Sticky Toffee Buns plus an Orange and Almond Sunburst Pleat. A pleat is simply a fold. I promise to bring them all to the blog soon.
How to make Lemon Cheesecake Stars
- Basic sweet Dough
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2¾ to 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1pkg active dry yeast = 2¼ teaspoons
- 1 egg
- Lemon filling
- 1 package cream crease, softened
- 1 egg separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- To make the dough grease a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix milk, butter and water. Heat until the butter has all but melted.
- In another bowl mix 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Then add the milk.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for a couple of minutes, scrapping the bowl occasionally.
- Using your hands mix in the rest of the flour until the dough becomes firm.
- Knead for a further 3-5 mins until smooth on a floured surface
- Place in the greased bowl turning it over once to cover the dough completely with a thin layer of oil.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Grease two baking sheets
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 12 x9 rectangle and cut into twelve 3 inch squares
- Place squares onto grease baking trays then cut squares diagonally to about ½ inch from centre.
- Lemon filling
- In a bowl beat cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar, lemon juice and peel with electric mixer on high until light and fluffy.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the mixture and place it into the centre of each of squares.
- Taking every second corner into the middle, pinch to secure so it looks like a pinwheel
- Cover and let rise for around 30 mins until it doubles in size.
- Preheat oven 400oF/205oC
- Beat egg whites then brush the stars.
- Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- Place on rack to cool
There you have it, Lemon Cheesecake Stars a new cheesecake idea that is sure to please everyone.
Please Subscribe to the blog so you get my daily email and follow me on social media. Get every recipe from Canadian Budget Binder> Check out my new Free Recipe Index.