Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
If you’re looking for a keto, low-carb, sugar-free, grain-free, gluten-free lemon pound cake, then you’ve clicked on the correct link.
I couldn’t tell it was keto and polished off a few slices, and I don’t follow a low-carb diet.
Table of contents
- A Slice Of Keto Lemon Pound Cake Heaven
- Living A Keto, Low-Carb Lifestyle
- Recipe Testing – Keto Lemon Pound Cake
- Storing Sugar-Free Buttercream Frosting
- How To Make A Keto Cream Cheese Lemon Pound Cake
- Lemon Pound Cake Ingredients
- Instructions For Making Keto Lemon Pound Cake
- Nutritional Information
- Subscribe To Canadian Budget Binder
A Slice Of Keto Lemon Pound Cake Heaven
Creating low-carb keto dessert recipes can be challenging, but by understanding how the ingredients work is the beginning of a baker’s delight.
Recipe creation is about experimenting, even if your recipe doesn’t turn out as planned.
I’m no pastry chef, and working with flour that contains no gluten, eggs, butter, coconut oil, and cream cheese to re-invent the pound cake took some trial and error.
With my wife’s birthday this month, I wanted to create a low-carb keto pound cake since it’s her favourite type.
She enjoys how a traditional pound cake is dense and perfect for dipping in coffee or milk.
Living A Keto, Low-Carb Lifestyle
It has been one year since giving up sugar, grains, and most fruits and vegetables to lead a low-carb lifestyle.
She loves this way of eating, feels great, and has lost all the weight she gained when pregnant with our son.
Mrs. CBB credits success with a low-carb diet plan, moderate exercise, and portion control.
This has become a lifestyle for her, and she has no intention of returning to eating as she used to because she constantly feels bloated and hungry.
She even said her skin feels and looks so much better, especially since she drinks a tonne of water daily.
The keto or low-carb diet plan is not for everyone and you should consult your doctor before embarking on this life-long journey.
If you even say it’s a diet, Mrs. CBB will tell you it’s a way of eating, a lifestyle change since not everyone digests carbs the same way.
Many low-carb recipes have low-carb flour, such as almond flour and coconut flour.
These are the two flours that Mrs. CBB uses the most. Almond flour adds moistness to the cake and a nutty flavour.
The almond flour can be pricey at around $11/pound, and coconut flour $5/pound at the Bulk Barn or at Costco for $17.99 for 2kg.
We try to buy our keto products when there is a sale along with the spend $10 save $3 coupon to keep our budget in check.
Recipe Testing – Keto Lemon Pound Cake
I’ve tested this recipe three times using various methods.
- Increase and decrease in eggs.
- Almond flour vs. Coconut Flour
- Various sugar-free sweeteners
When I tried the finished product, I thought I was eating a slice of classic Madeira cake, which is popular in the UK.
I would have had no idea it was a sugar-free, low-carb lemon pound cake if I wasn’t the baker.
Eat this cream cheese lemon pound cake as-is or make a sugar-free buttercream frosting and sprinkle it with unsweetened coconut flakes.
Leave the coconut off if you don’t care for it, as it’s entirely up to you.
Storing Sugar-Free Buttercream Frosting
Store the frosting in the refrigerator once ready to use it on the lemon pound cake.
Let it sit out for about 10 minutes to soften up before icing your cake.
Note: Make sure to buy unsweetened Almond Milk
Let’s get baking this low-carb keto cream cheese lemon pound cake!!
The best part is that this cream cheese lemon pound cake hasn’t a pound of butter.
How To Make A Keto Cream Cheese Lemon Pound Cake
Keto Cream Cheese Lemon Pound Cake (Low Carb)
- Recipe Type: Low Carb, Keto Dessert
- Author: Mr.CBB
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 55 mins
- Serves: 10
A keto cake to satisfy any sweet craving. This cheesecake lemon pound cake is dense like a pound cake should be.
Lemon Pound Cake Ingredients
- 11/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps softened coconut oil
- 4 tbsps softened butter
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup powdered Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 drops of lemon oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Buttercream Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp almond milk or as needed to form icing
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener of choice, Splenda, Stevia, Erythritol
Instructions For Making Keto Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Butter a 9×6 loaf pan
- Add butter, coconut oil, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix until combined and creamy. Mix 5 large eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, and lemon oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet Almond flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and Erythritol and mix.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for approx 40 mins at 350 degrees. If the top is browning early on, put a piece of tin foil over the top to prevent burning.
- When a toothpick comes out clean, the cake is baked.
- For the buttercream cream cheese icing, put all the ingredients in a bowl and whip it up with a hand mixer until creamy and fluffy. Spread on the cooled cake. Make sure it is completely cool, so it doesn’t melt off. Top with unsweetened coconut, which is optional. You can even enjoy the cake without the icing.
- Refrigerate the cake until cold, slice, and serve. Best two days after you make the cake. You can add or delete sweeteners as desired.
Keto cream cheese lemon pound cake flavour peaks 1-2 days, so you will taste a difference.
You can freeze the cake as well for up to 3 months.
If you don’t care for lemon, you can add a different flavour or leave out the lemon and add a bit more vanilla extract to make a vanilla pound cake.
Nutritional Information: Each slice of plain cream cheese pound cake without icing contains 1.5 grams of net carbs.
This will change based on how big or small a slice you make.
It will also change if you add buttercream icing to the pound cake by 0.5 net carbs per slice.