Whether or not you follow a keto or low-carb diet, these cheese Folios are easy to make.
Let me show you how to save money instead of adding Folios to your grocery list.
Buying the best ingredients yields the best taste, getting what you pay for to make good food.
Mozarella Cheese Folios For Appetizers Or A Meal
The best place to search for ingredients is in your kitchen, so that’s what we did to create our mozzarella folios.
These are ingredients we always have on hand, but they are easy to find for those of you who do not have them.
The parmesan used for the folios must be Parmigiano Reggiano which is pricey but goes a long way.
It’s worth every dollar and will make the folios taste the best rather than buying cheese in a shaker.
Beginners Keto Food List Canada
What Are Folios?
In essence, folios are keto cheese wraps that you can fill or roll and eat as it comes.
The folios that you find at Costco use parmesan cheese; however, I used mozzarella.
We went with Saputo mozzarella brick that we bought at Costco, which turned out perfect for my first try.
The only thing I would change the next time I make folios is using less cheese.
We bought a pack of Folios from Costco for $12.99 to see how they tasted.
We wanted to feel the texture, so we had an idea of how to create our recipe.
I found the cheese wrap very thin than our folios, so we will roll it thinner or use less cheese.
It will be trial and error until you find the right amount of cheese for the record.
Once the folios were cooked, I filled them with ricotta pasta because that was our dinner.
Most importantly, folios are far cheaper to make at home.
Filling Ideas For Copycat Folios
The best part about making these cheese wraps is when you get to choose the yummy filling.
Our son and I both enjoy a Schneiders juicy jumbo hotdog wrapped around the cheese.
Mrs. CBB filled hers with ricotta cheesy pasta which sounds odd but looked delicious.
Other Fillings For Cheese Wraps Keto and Non-Keto
- Cream cheese and sugar-free jam
- kraft dinner
- Eggs and pancakes
- Tuna fish
- Egg salad.
- Any deli meats
- pickles and other condiments based on your diet
They are straightforward to work on if you give them time to settle before you fill and eat them.
How To Make Copycat Cheese Folios
You can find the printable recipe below.
Tools Needed To Make Keto Cheese Wraps
- rolling pin
- parchment paper
Ingredients To Make Keto Cheese Wraps
- 1 cup sliced mozzarella or 4 thick squares
- Parchment paper
- Added spices if you like ex: fresh or dry chopped basil
Let’s Make A Copycat Mozzarella Folio
- Add one thick slice of mozzarella cheese to a large piece of parchment paper. One square, you lay flat, and on the other, you make a pinwheel. See photo above
- Cover it up and put it in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until melted.
- When it comes out, the mozzarella must be melted.
- Using the parchment pay and a rolling pin, start rolling over the apartment paper to shape.
- Once you have a circle or any shape that you’re comfortable
- Open the parchment and have a look at your wrap, cool isn’t it?
- At this point, you can continue to make more.
- I don’t suggest you stack them until they are cold.
- Fill the folios with whatever you desire, cranberry and whipped cream, cream cheese, etc.
Quick Nutritional Stats
- 80.1 Calories
- 1g Carbs
- (1g net carbs)
- 6g Fat
- 7g Protein
According to my calculations, each folios wrap will have 1 net carb and will increase with the filling you use.
For lots more keto recipes, please go to my recipe index.