Mozarella Cheese Folios For Appetizers Or Part Of A Meal
If you love cheese whether or not you are keto these folios are easy to make delicious.
The best place to search for ingredients is in your kitchen so that’s what we did and made mozzarella folios
It seems that the parmesan uses parmesan but we don’t know if it’s authentic cheese.
Since Mrs. CBB leads a keto lifestyle which means no sugar, no bread.
Beginners Keto Food List Canada
What Are Folios?
In essence, folios are keto cheese wraps that you can fill or roll and eat as it comes.
The folios that you find at Costco uses parmesan cheese, however, I used mozzarella.
We went with Saputo mozzarella brick that we bought at Costco which turned out perfect for my first try.
The only thing I would change the next time that I make folios is to use a bit less cheese.
We bought a pack of Folios from Costco for $12.99 just so we could taste them.
This is very important any time a recipe blogger creates a copycat recipe.
I found the cheese wrap very thin compared to our folios so we will roll it thinner or use less cheese.
For the record, it will be trial and error until you find the right amount of cheese.
Once the copycat folio was done I filled it with ricotta pasta because that was our dinner.
Most importantly folios are far cheaper to make at home.
Filling Ideas For Copycat Folios
This is the best part about making folios where you get to choose the filling.
Our son and I both enjoy a Schneiders juicy jumbo hotdog.
Both Mrs. CBB and I had our copycat folios filled with ricotta cheesy pasta. The bomb.
- Cream cheese and jam,
- kraft dinner
- Eggs and pancakes
- Tuna fish
- Egg salad.
- Any deli meats
- pickles and other condiments based on your diet
They are very easy to work on if you give them time to settle before you fill and eat them.
How To Make Copycat Cheese Folios
Printable Recipe Below.
- rolling pin
- parchment paper
- 1 cup sliced mozzarella or 4 thick squares
- Parchment paper
- added spices if you like
Let’s make a copycat mozzarella folio
- Add one thick slice of mozzarella cheese to a large piece of parchment paper. One square you lay flat and the other you make a pinwheel. See photo above
- Cover it up and put it in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until melted.
- When it comes out the mozzarella must be melted
- Using the parchment pay and a rolling pin start rolling over the apartment paper to shape.
- Once you have a circle or any shape that you’re comfortable
- Open the parchment and have a look at your wrap, cool isn’t it?
- At this point, you can continue to make more.
- I don’t suggest you stack them until they are cold.
- Fill the folios with whatever you desire, cranberry and whipped cream, cream cheese, etc.
Quick Nutritional Stats
- 80.1 Calories
- 1g Carbs
- (1g net carbs)
- 6g Fat
- 7g Protein
So each folios wrap will have 1 net carb however that numbers based on the filling you use.
For lots more keto recipes please go to my recipe index